Vili's Super League

I really do think its a bit unfair bringing in this rule now, considering Brentons 1000 series seems to be ok and i also believe that one of the three 1000 series last season was also pre or post bowled (correct me if i am wrong on this)...

Plus if everyone are so worried about the so-called 'Vilis' pattern then why weren't all games bowled on lanes 13 and 14 last season re-bowled since that pair of lanes were consistently different to all other pairs.

Just my thoughts

While you guys talk about 1000 series, I'll just continue to try to crack 800 :D:D

IMHO, the pattern used seems to be a little easy (and others will agree)....even if my scores don't show it!

Just my thoughts

I agree Michael, it is way to easy. I would love to see a sports pattern put down just to slow the scoring pace a little bit.
I might actually be able to use my Roto-Grip Cell then :eek:

I aiming to bowl a 900 series this season, haven't had one yet?

cheers

Tony

p.s. you'll get there Michael.............

bit unfair really.. the rule should be bought in the start of the next season or even a vote for it to be bought in and really unfair to the person who could have bowled the monday night, but helped out he/she is playing who couldnt make the monday night due to alot of reason. like state commitments.

The Pattern in my view, just to easy. this is the biggest cash league in the state... why not put a condition down that makes it tough and the best will shine threw.. why not a pba league kinda thing? use the PBA patterns (which i could prob get) change the patterns every (working on this season) 4 weeks(since there will be 6 named patterns this year(08-09) on the PBA) and use the reminder of the weeks on the US Open pattern..

but this is one little red heads view.. dont know what you guys think..

Ash

use the PBA patterns (which i could prob get) change the patterns every (working on this season) 4 weeks(since there will be 6 named patterns this year(08-09) on the PBA) and use the reminder of the weeks on the US Open pattern..
but this is one little red heads view.. dont know what you guys think..
Ash

Good idea mate....but US Open (50ft block) for the remainder of the weeks?? May be going a bit far....Somewhere in between is good.

Lookout everyone, Michael is making his move ...

And yes i like the idea of putting down some PBA patterns, but again its going 2 b hard to bring in a new pattern for the remainder of the season when so many people have come out firing. I am all for bringing in a new pattern, i'm not sure what other peoples thoughts are on this though...

im all in for harder patterns! clearly tonight showed ( and louie can back me up ) that i cannot through up the boards like everyone else lol.. i tried hard!!! haha.. oh wells...

I a bit confused here boys, I see people having trouble bowling on easier conditions and you want to make the conditions harder...........

Go figure.............

Making the conditions harder isn't going to change the outcome except bring the ave down..........

Lets try and walk before you run first hey!.....

cheers

Tony

Making the conditions harder isn't going to change the outcome except bring the ave down..........

This may be true, but this is the reason the Vic Sport Series is so successful. They are not afraid of a challenge.

This is also one of the reasons SA is so far behind the rest of the country. Our league patterns lack challenge.

I think making the pattern tougher will make people that have no more than a wall shot, have to think about what they're doing. Might even bring the field closer together.

Just to clarify though, I have no problem shooting up the boards....I figure that's what Cross Road require me to throw, so that's what I'll do. Would be nice though if we had some variety.

No offense to the great bowlers in this league, but anyone that thinks they are a 230avg bowler, they're only kidding themselves.

Just my honest thoughts.

PS. I had a great night last night, where three games against Keepy were decided by 15 pins or less. Great pressure bowling, not carry contest.

This may be true, but this is the reason the Vic Sport Series is so successful. They are not afraid of a challenge.

or it could because they have about 3 times SA's population.;)

Anyway don't we have a sport series to challenge ourselves ? :confused:

I know don't really want a massive challenge every week. I work all day & want to have some fun. I don't mind easy scoring condition (as long as it is the same for everyone) although I am not finding crossroads that easy - as some are.

Dave K

boys,

i would have to agree with Tony here.......

When the condition got hard, everyone complained.

Now the condition is easier for you lot, you seem to want it harder???

Why can't the bowlers just adjust to the condition you have?

IT MAKES YOU A BETTER BOWLER!!!!!!!

Thanks Paul,

Also Dave I agree with that as well.

Michael, I am quite happy to bowl on what ever condition is down there.

We have the condition at the moment , while being very score-able it's the same for every-one.

At least it's the same on both sides.

If you need to change it , get greg to have a meeting at the beginning of next season.

I also think in my opinion and Vili always wanted this league to be enjoyable and sociable not some serious sports pattern event.

Lets keep it simple and fun. Plus this pattern makes us look good!

cheers

Tony

Tony,

I hope you don't think I was having a go, because that certainly wasn't my intention.

I don't have a problem with fun, and I don't have a problem with phone numbers, as long as they were obtained with some sort of effort.

Besides, I don't wanna be known as a bowler who can only manage a card+ average on a ditch ;)

Just my 2 cents worth... as Vili is the one paying out for 200+ averages and 1000 series ($500 for the first two and then a $1000 for each one after that) should it not be part of his call for what pattern is laid down?????????????

PS. I had a great night last night, where three games against Keepy were decided by 15 pins or less. Great pressure bowling, not carry contest.

Haha yer it was good to watch Michael, especially when Greg thought all your gear were house balls and took them off the rack :p

Just my 2 cents worth... as Vili is the one paying out for 200+ averages and 1000 series ($500 for the first two and then a $1000 for each one after that) should it not be part of his call for what pattern is laid down?????????????

Yes very good point Tony L, i think the pattern will stay the same for the rest of this season but i'm sure it will be brought up at our presentation.

I don't mind either way, i'll just keep plotting along trying to keep up with the high rollers up the top.

Cheers,
Zac Krebbekx

Hi all

The league average continues to climb it is now 196 !

Louise now has a few points gap on second.

Note last week’s sheet had a error on Dave Wyborn which is now corrected. Had to re-enter the scores for some reason ?

Also please note that to qualify for the bonus prizes Vili has on offer for high games etc you must now pre or post bowl any games on Monday nights so you play under the same conditions as the rest of the league.

If you are coming in early the bowl will do that pair early for you just make sure you let them know in plenty of time

Regards

Greg

Attachments

• 080922 Vili's Super League week 5.doc
    52 KB · Views: 15
Back
Top Bottom