Vili's Super League payout over $27,000

Keepy

Still Competitive !
One person could walk away with $4,000 and a trip for two to the value of another $4,000 in the 25th anniversary season of the Ten-Pin Super League at Cross Road bowl commencing on Monday 22nd January at 6.15pm.

Or the player who finishes 30th could walk away with an estimated $270 and a $4,000 trip ?

Our gracious sponsor, Vili’s Pies has put a real sweetener for this year’s 25th season of the Super League. Last season Ashley Warren who finished 12th and picked up $270 thought that wasn’t too bad but then a draw from the hat of all members took place and Ashley suddenly had another $250 travel voucher to spend in form of a SA Shorts Travel voucher.

In 2007 Ashley hopes he can just as lucky – he might move up a few places in the league, possibly to 7th and collect over $1,100 in estimated prize money but if he or whoever gets their name drawn this year collects travel anywhere in the world to the value of $4,000. Could be one person to the USA to get some bowling lessons from a pro, or possibly two people to Bali – the choice is yours, all you have to do is be a member of the super league and complete the season to be a full financial member !!!

BUT WAIT – there’s more
1st PLACE GUARANTEED $4,000 minimum
2nd PLACE GUARENTEED $2,500 minimum
3rd PLACE GUARENTEED $ 1,500 minimum
4th PLACE GUARENTTEED $1,000 minimum

BUT it could be a lot more than these, have a look at the estimates below or the attached spreadsheet, with the estimates of prizemoney, plus $6 for every game you win, plus $100 for a 200 average plus, then weekly high game awards, bowler of the month male and female awards, plus $500 bonus for anyone with a 1,000 series on a unlimited number of occasions you could end up with MUCH MORE.

If you’re good enough ???? to say bowl 4 series of 1,000 in a season you will get $500 for the 1st, $500 for the 2nd, $1000 for the 3rd, and $1,000 for the 4th – that’s another $3,000

HOW GOOD ARE YOU – OR HOW GOOD TO YOU WANT TO BE. INCENTIVES LIKE THIS MIGHT JUST HELP !

The full list of 30 estimated payouts (based on past results) is listed below – which one will have your name on it !
Everything above is based on 30 players only.
Player cost is $60 entry fee and $30 per week for 4 games.

Vili’s supplies you also with a shirt which must be worn every week – failure to do so will incur a $5 fine per occasion

(Entry fee for new players who have not bowled in the league previously or when it was known as Super Singles will pay an entry fee of $100)

NO PLAYERS TURNING UP ON THE NIGHT WILL BE ACCEPTED UNLESS THEY CAN FILL A BLIND example being if we have 29 players and blind a player will be accepted into that spot.

CLOSING DATE FOR ALL OTHER ENTRIES IS 6pm on Thursday 18th January. Entry fee can be paid into league’s bank account (Tenpin Super League, Westpac, BSB 035-045, Acc 891 273)

The Super League is holder of Australian Business Number (ABN) 41 988 558 122

Any further inquires to
Greg Keep – President & Founder on 0407 636 489
Kerry Ann Klop – Vice President at Cross Road Bowl on 8271 2355

Attachments

• Payout 2007 25 30 players estimates.xls
    121 KB · Views: 22
Good to see this leauge still firing along, any chance of the scores getting put in the Advertiser again like the old days?(or even on here for us fellows 'out bush')

Adrian, yes the results will be in the Advertiser probably on Wednesday and even better you may see television coverage of the final round positional. This will probably happen if we have close scores going into the last night where it could go either way !
Plus the rumours are true - Brenton Manning is coming out of retirement to play along with Kym Hodge who also hung up the shoes for a while. Also welcome back to Ricky Revilla, and Dave Kuhn to add a few more names.
Funny thing is many of the alledged hot shots don't bowl in this. You know the ones that enter events like the SA Cup thinking they can cut and yet they aren't good enough to enter this, shoot a 190 average and probably make a profit at the end of the season "they are called Rabbits in the USA".

keepy,
This season hopefully you will post the scores a bit quicker than last season.
Plus bowling a tournament is nothing like bowling 30 rounds of league. Some people find it hard to get motivated for league.
Also it's good to see the prizefund for this league and the support from Vilis remembering we are investing a minimum of $950 just to compete 30 rounds.

Cheers

Tony

P.S. Hopefully my shirt will be there next season, considering it's supposedly $5.00 fine not to wear it. This season I will be fining you $5.00 for not supplying it. You have had plenty of time to get it.

Plus the rumours are true - Brenton Manning is coming out of retirement to play along with Kym Hodge who also hung up the shoes for a while. Also welcome back to Ricky Revilla, and Dave Kuhn to add a few more names.
Funny thing is many of the alledged hot shots don't bowl in this. You know the ones that enter events like the SA Cup thinking they can cut and yet they aren't good enough to enter this, shoot a 190 average and probably make a profit at the end of the season "they are called Rabbits in the USA".

Good to see the likes Of Brenton & Kym coming out of retirement.

Maybe you should be asking why the "alleged hot shots" arent bowling Super League. Most of them bowl elsewhere Monday nights. And you expect them to drop everything & come running for a few thousand dollars. Life doesnt revolve around Monday nights at Cross Rd bowl.

"You know the ones that enter events like the SA Cup thinking they can cut and yet they aren't good enough to enter this."

Tactfull as ever Greg. You should bolt 30 entries in with comments like that.

It will be interesting to see how many of the "SUPER LEAGUE SUPERSTARS" decide to come out & support S.A. Cup.

Maybe TBASA should look at using Super League as their State Team selection trials seeing as the cream of S.A. bowling bowl Super League.

Hey Guys
Good to see you're all still 'striking up a conversation' with each other! ha ha. Kymm's really looking forward to playing in the Super League, and to catching up with the old gang again. He's just purchased some new equipment, so we're getting some practice in over Christmas. If you can call ten years a break - it has done him a world of good. Thanks to Vili and Greg for getting this massive league up and running and looking forward to seeing you all in 2007. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and your families ... Nerina and Kymm

Hi Greg,

Good luck with the league for 2007 & congrats to Villi for putting up the money for 25 long years, not to many people have sponsored the same league for as long.
As much as I would like to come back & bowl I am unable to due to the time change.
Great to see some of the people we have not seen for years coming back to the game
Hope you all enjoy & good luck to all chasing the big prize

Cheers
Colin

Total agree with you colin, except for the 25 year bit, I think you mean 25th season. I bowled in this last season for the first time in a long time. It is good fun, most of the time, just feel a bit old in it thou.
Good to see brenton and a few others back bowling.

cheers

tony

Thanks for your thoughts of all descriptions we achieved our goal quicker than expected over 180 people have looked at the comments and are now forming their own opinions and talking about the league.
The league has achieved it's goal already. We reward the bowlers who get out there and have a go no matter if they are 16 or 60 and that's why the prize money is so big this year. The mix of people are having a ball even as Tony and we other old fellas and ladies get hammered one week by one of the youger set, and turn around the next week and we hammer someone else and have fun without any temper driven antics. We had 3 girls in last seasons league and all went very well.
If we don't achieve our last few bowlers and finish with say 27 or 28 players we will still be paying out about $26,000 which is about double any other league in Adelaide.
Sorry to see you cannot make it Colin, we put it back 15 minutes to try to get some extra people - we may even go to a 6.30 start but I cannot guarantee it at this point. We also considered moving to Tuesday nights but we would have lost possibly lost as many as we gained.
The super league has been going since 1989 following the breaking up of the old Peterson and in that time have been sponsored by Esso, Avco Finance, Ascot Transport and Vili's Pies, so we haven't failed to be sponsored by a non bowling centre supplier for 19 years straight, but your right Colin, Vili has been our longest.
Not many spots you can go - bowl 120 games, finish about 7th and cost yourself nothing.

Thanks for your thoughts of all descriptions we achieved our goal quicker than expected over 180 people have looked at the comments and are now forming their own opinions and talking about the league.

I doubt over 180 people have looked at the comments. Its more like 30-40 people have looked at it 1/2 dozen times each.

What are you trying to say Robbie...........

"Funny thing is many of the alledged hot shots don't bowl in this. You know the ones that enter events like the SA Cup thinking they can cut and yet they aren't good enough to enter this."

Tony,

I hope for all the bowlers sake they get the required 30 bowlers & good luck to them all in 2007 but if they dont you know where the problems lies.

It's the comments like these attacking other bowlers & where their loyaltys lie that pisses me & a few others off that have changed their minds in bowling.

They would possibly already have over 30 names to choose from if the recruiting methods used were different & not left to the last minute to contact people.

I didnt know anybody had to get permission from Vili's Super League as to what tournaments people were allowed to bowl in.

Rob thanks once again for your profound commments.

It is very simple Rob our aim is to point out to ALL players, hot shots and not that there is a league around paying good money across all positions not just stacked at the top.
We all know, if you want to admit it or not that sponsorship for bowling is hard if not impossible to find all over Australia. Colin's comment was spot on in that we should be grateful and try to support ANY event where we can that has a sponsor.
I don't care who plays in this league except for to 2 simple things. They try hard, want to improve their game and now and then thank the sponsor.

We have a great group currently playing in the league across all ages and most have pretty good ability or potential. Our aim is to support them and help them improve thru good regular competition.What we want to do is fill the last couple of spots to make the competition a little better and we know this is hard because most people work and being on so early can make it hard to get there.

Merry Christmas and thanks to those who have sent the emails.

Just like to say I thought the first night was great!!! I am greatly looking forward to the whole season and actually said to Greg on Tuesday that I wished it was Monday again so I could bowl Vilis!!! haha

Its a shame we only have the 24 bowlers, however there is some good competetion so well done Greg!

Regards,

Matt

Back
Top Bottom