Trivia Question.

RobbieB

Rodentus scientificus
Former PBA titlist Doug Kent, bowling in league last year, became the first bowler in history to do what?

The answer should re-ignite the discussion on what a 300 game really means these days.

Robbie.

bfcc is partly correct.He did bowl a 292 game - he was not the first to do so, but the 292 gave him a unique record. What is it? :)

I'm with bowrig on this one, I would say he has bowled every game between 290 and 300.

Cheers

Steve

PS Trust you Rob to come up with something so obscure :D

bowlrig said:
He has bowled every possible score between 290 & 300.
Rob

Give the man a coconut. According to the latest Bowlers Journal, Kent, who has over 50 300 games, switched to a 6lb house ball and skillfully picked off just the 6-10 for a 292, completing his 'set' of all games from 290-300. Apparently he has been trying for 292 for a while. And while I would be the first to admit that it is a lot harder to get two than ten - in any era - I think it's still a bit sad that bowling is at the point where at least some consider a 292 a greater achievement than 300.

The article is worth reading - I might scan it in tonight.

Cheers, Robbie (OFS sufferer.)

Oops - I'm wrong. In the original post I meant Kent Wagner, not Doug Kent. Sorry - my brain fart.

Cheers, Robbie.

What he did is illegal, if you follow the rules, one must always bowl to the best of thier ability. He got a 6lb ball off the rack and tried to take off the 6&10 pins.

One does'nt have to have OFS to realise that it's against the spirit of the game.

willey.

I don't think that's correct, Willey. Sandbagging is an offence only if done for the purpose of gaining a handicap larger than your ability deserves. There is no rule against deliberately bowling badly, and he did it in a scratch league, so handicap is not an issue.

RobbieB

I dont think he was deliberately bowling badly. His intention was to take the 6-10 to bowl a 292 and he achieved it, which resulted in being the only person to bowl all games between 290 and 300.

Have you tried to take out only 2 pins before? It is not that easy..

Alicia

Back
Top Bottom