The UFC Thread

griggsy

this is like the wrestling thread, feel free to discuss anything and everything mma related.

has any one been watching any of the ultimate figher seasons or the ufc pay per views?what are your thoughts on the up coming ppv ill will?

Last UFC PPV I ordered was when Lesnar tapped in 90 seconds to a leg bar :D

But I'm pretty big into UFC. Big Fan of Couture, Ortiz and Rutten.

i'll honestly be shocked if jardine beats the axe murderer silva.
i'm really interested though in seeing if ortiz can take down machida and give him his first loss.
do you what any of the ultimate fighter tv shows chris?

I watch it when I can, haven't really been following it enough to know what's goin on.

Surely Silva will win but you never know. Great thing about UFC is the unpredictability.

It'll also be good to see if Ortiz has still got it.

about time an MMA thread woot :p

You guys been watching this season of TUF?

this is the 84 line up

Main Card

* Lightweight Championship bout: Flag of the United States B.J. Penn vs. Flag of the United States Sean Sherk[1]
* Light Heavyweight bout: Flag of the United States Tito Ortiz vs. Flag of Brazil Lyoto Machida[1]
* Light Heavyweight bout: Flag of Brazil Wanderlei Silva vs. Flag of the United States Keith Jardine[1]
* Light Heavyweight bout: Flag of Brazil Thiago Silva vs. Flag of Brazil Antonio Mendes[1]
* Light Heavyweight bout: Flag of Brazil Wilson Gouveia vs. Flag of Croatia Goran Reljic[1]

[edit] Preliminary Card

* Light Heavyweight bout: Flag of Cameroon Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou vs. Flag of Japan Kazuhiro Nakamura[1]
* Welterweight bout: Flag of the United States Jon Koppenhaver vs Flag of Japan Yoshiyuki Yoshida[1]
* Lightweight bout: Flag of the United States Rich Clementi vs Flag of the United Kingdom Terry Etim[1]
* Middleweight bout: Flag of Brazil Rousimar Palhares vs Flag of Canada Ivan Salaverry[1]
* Welterweight bout: Flag of the United Kingdom Jason Tan vs Flag of South Korea Dong Hyun Kim[1]
* Heavyweight bout: Flag of the United States Christian Wellisch vs Flag of the United States Shane Carwin[1]

tito v machida will be good i hope. Machida all the way :)

Looking ahead to UFC 87, Brock Lesnar - in just his 2nd ever UFC fight - will be in the main event.

i wouldnt expect lesnar to do much in the next event. mark coleman is a monster and if lesnar gets caughts by one of those hits he's gone.
needless to say anything can and will happen in the ufc. he might just be able to pull off a huge upset

Too true. Even though Lesnar's debut only lasted 90 secs, he was pretty impressive before getting caught in Mir's leglock. He's got that "IT" factor about him. A must watch for sure

i thought lesnar showed some promise. I mean Mir is not slouch. He has his ups and downs, but that foot lock is trademark.

Lesnar looks too much like a WWE wrestler, but i bet he is as strong as all hell.

I can't wait to see more BJ penn :)

Love the UFC - currently watching season 7 - great start to the season - cant wait for the finale and watch the coaches fight - Rampage vs Griffin :cool:.
Scince Rampage :cool: ko'd Ortiz this should be on hell of a fight.:argue::kicking:

I never quite understood rampage, with all the showboating etc. But since TUF season 7, he makes me laugh something chronic.

"just pictua ya self in jail when u on da ground, you dont want dat man to get ya booty"

thats funny stuff :)

trying to make a prediction on the jackson v griffin fight is pretty damn hard. griffin isnt a guy you can knock out all that easy and neither is rampage. if you want to see just how tough either of those two are look at the forrest griffin stephan bonnar fight from tuf 1 finale and rapage v dan hendersen from ufc 75 champion v champion. two of the most brutal matches i've seen in a while.

as for tito v lyoto, again hard to say. tito is a bloody good fighter but ring rust might play a big part in the fight, along with the fact that machida is on a decent winning streak.

silva v jardine: i look for jardine to take silva to the limits but just fall short. i dont see this ending in stoppage or ko. i think its going to be a three round war.

bj penn v sean sherk: i pretty much think penn is going to own sherk after seeing quite a few penn fights. but i have been known to be wrong before lol.

looking forward to the results

i think forrest is just too beat up. I can see it stopping due to blood.

B.J. Penn vs. Sean Sherk
Tito Ortiz vs. Lyoto Machida
Wanderlei Silva vs. Keith Jardine
Thiago Silva vs. Antonio Mendes
Wilson Gouveia vs. Goran Reljic

I get the impression keith jardine was just lucky in his last win. Not sure he has what it takes to keep the title.

Back
Top Bottom