Must read for Totalbowling.com.au viewers

Thanks for your input James...Always love it when people show there true colours.... Sorry I took away the Personal attacks and slander across topics as you put it... We cleaned the site up from people like you...So that the majority could enjoy being here... To disappoint one to gain many I think was a good decision...
Not so sure mate.

At the (very real) risk of being banned from here I've noticed a change from the time you took over. It now always seems to be "my site" or "my rules".
As I see it, totalbowling.com.au has become a resource for many people, not necessarily based in Aus, and has therefore maybe outgrown it's original design. As such I'm no longer sure it's "your" site. I think it's ours and you are maybe the custodian rather than the god.

You bought the site from it's previous owner. "Fair nuff" as they say. You increased the membership from X to whatever. Again I say "fair nuff". It still always seems though to come down to whatever "you" think. The increased membership is most likely due to the fact that mere browsers can no longer read the forums unless they enroll. A bit like press-ganging sailors in the old days.

I sincerely hope that the extension of the admin team will mean that the " it's my ball and I choose the game" mentality will disappear.

If you want an example of good moderating go see
http://www.whirlpool.net.au where all mod decisions are transparent and open to criticism or suggestion.

I await suspension of my account for disagreeing.

I would like to add my two pennies worth,
I live and bowl in London, UK, When I decided that I was coming to Adelaide in March 2007 for an event, I came to the internet.

I am on the outside, looking in......this is a great site, Its been very helpful to me trying to find inside info on Hotels, Bowling alleys, Bowling conditions.
Those who responded, have been very helpful. I expect to meet some of those people and buy them a beer.
Without this site, none of that would have happened. For the whole, its a very well run site.

I have notice that sometimes people get attacked when negative posts are added, even when it's suppose to be constructive critism. It then sets off a host of posting going back and forth. Generally the regulars appear to be well mannered, informative and funny. I didn't mind having to register to be come part of this site, No bowler would, But if abuse is allowed or given conditions to florish. I will stop using it.

Now how many more postings do I need to enter these competitions

Not so sure mate.
At the (very real) risk of being banned from here I've noticed a change from the time you took over. It now always seems to be "my site" or "my rules".
As I see it, totalbowling.com.au has become a resource for many people, not necessarily based in Aus, and has therefore maybe outgrown it's original design. As such I'm no longer sure it's "your" site. I think it's ours and you are maybe the custodian rather than the god.
You bought the site from it's previous owner. "Fair nuff" as they say. You increased the membership from X to whatever. Again I say "fair nuff". It still always seems though to come down to whatever "you" think. The increased membership is most likely due to the fact that mere browsers can no longer read the forums unless they enroll. A bit like press-ganging sailors in the old days.
I sincerely hope that the extension of the admin team will mean that the " it's my ball and I choose the game" mentality will disappear.
If you want an example of good moderating go see
http://www.whirlpool.net.au where all mod decisions are transparent and open to criticism or suggestion.
I await suspension of my account for disagreeing.

LMFAO I am sorry but I have noticed that yeah since Jase took over the site rules have changed, but it is like anything in life you have to follow rules. I mean when people come to my house they follow my house rules, I pay the bills in my house so they play by my rules while in my house. I think this site work the sames, we all play by Jason's rules.
Why you might ask, well maybe just maybe he pays for the running cost with the help of Sponsors (that he had to go and get himself) not us members.

We get to view this great site, that has everything that a bowler would need or want at the fingertips for Free, so why shouldnt we abide by the site rules.

Sometimes he comes across as a Grumpy Bas tard but for the life of me if you got half the S**t that he gets in his inbox everyday ,well you would say to yourself wow I have really have had enough.

He is in it for the love of the game and to better the sport but no one can see that, alot of people always see the bad things in people never the good, well maybe it is time some of you opened your eyes.

Gees Jase you really have pissed off some SA people, and isnt it funny for the love of the game and to help the sport you sponsored there state teams but some from SA cant see that. I mean people wonder why the sport is going down hill.

Have to agree with Kell here. With all of the Sh*t that jase has had heaped on him I'm suprised he even bowls anymore.

From my perspective he really is in it for the betterment of the game, we all have our bad days, and jase is no exception. I believe I have said this before, but the amount of sponsorship Jase puts back into tournaments & then like and the gets people heaping rubbish on him I'm amazed he doesn't take his sponsorship money and put it elsewhere.

Anyway this is now getting off topic, basically Jase owns & runs the site, his site...his rules.....and I doubt anyone could argue against the fact that TB has certainly helped open the lines of communication in the Australian bowling Community.

Although it is Jase's site, TB can only be improved by input, suggestions & feedback from the members, if that doesn't happen, then the site stagnates, and everyone starts complaining that its boring and doesn't offer anything new.

LMFAO I am sorry but I have noticed that yeah since Jase took over the site rules have changed, but it is like anything in life you have to follow rules. I mean when people come to my house they follow my house rules, I pay the bills in my house so they play by my rules while in my house. I think this site work the sames, we all play by Jason's rules.
Why you might ask, well maybe just maybe he pays for the running cost with the help of Sponsors (that he had to go and get himself) not us members.
We get to view this great site, that has everything that a bowler would need or want at the fingertips for Free, so why shouldnt we abide by the site rules.
Sometimes he comes across as a Grumpy Bas tard but for the life of me if you got half the S**t that he gets in his inbox everyday ,well you would say to yourself wow I have really have had enough.
He is in it for the love of the game and to better the sport but no one can see that, alot of people always see the bad things in people never the good, well maybe it is time some of you opened your eyes.
Gees Jase you really have pissed off some SA people, and isnt it funny for the love of the game and to help the sport you sponsored there state teams but some from SA cant see that. I mean people wonder why the sport is going down hill.

Well said Kellie... I think too many people think that they should have free rein on a forum... Well I think you guys, especially Jase, put up with load and do a great job to keep this site humming along without any real hiccups!! Well done for not running this forum like the dictatorship some seem to think!!

Very nicely put kellie. I know i am always joking. But for once am gonna be serious. Give the man the credit that is due to him. After all, he is human born to make mistakes just like one of us. Let the good in him overshadow the bad. All of us have our moments. This is his site and his business and am sure his heartbeat is for the well being of each and everyone of us. We have to abide by the site rules to earn respect from our bowling community. If Jase can get TBA back to answer all our questions, that speaks alot about Totalbowling and it's recent achievement.
Alex

I live in the real world & there are more rules than you can shake a stick at. I put a post on one of the threads in here & it was removed, I asked why,(pm), recieved an answer,(pm), job done! Get on with life as this is not the be all & end all of my existance. Live hard, work hard, play harder!!!!!!!!!!

Jase you do a great job:D
Keep it up:)
It can't be easy dealing with bowlers who have strong opinions and Multiple personality disorders.

Frosty:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom