Must read for Totalbowling.com.au viewers

Chowny

Staff member
G’day to all Totalbowling members,

Throughout a few recent conversations between the admin & moderator teams we have noticed the high amount of views opposed to posts being added. Even things like the SPC winners thread,1423 views and only 20 replies.

We would like to encourage everyone using this site to becoming more active with discussions and postings. Any results or achievements you hear about we would also like to hear about them. I know I’m guilty of doing the same.

There is a wealth of information through out the members of this site and it would be great to see newbie site members that have been members for a few months and even years that have never posted to jump on and post.

Even it’s just in The Lounge to say Hello and introduce your self.

Totalbowling has run some great online competitions for its members this year and there will be a few more before the year is finished.

From now on Totalbowling are going setout some simple guidelines to enter competitions they run.

1.One entry per username (at the discretion of Admin on creation of competition)
2. To enter the competition, each member must have a post count of 10 or more to be eligible to win.

We are always looking for way to improve the site and if anyone has any ideas, or some different competitions they would like to see, please don’t hesitate to contact any of the TB team.

Now look what you have started Chowny.......;)

Some times you actually manage to make sense Wayne....:)

Hey Guys,
I do agree, some people don't post and I know that I was very... shall we say unsure about it, to start with. It's alright for you guys that know each other and see each other on a regular basis, but for us people in the sticks!! And occasionally it can be easier not to get invovled!! But, it is interesting to read about differenet competitions in the bowling world and observe (actively from now on) the progress & skills of fellow bowlers...

there are some posts i read that i feel i dont have imput, ppl read stuff just to see what happens but dont reply as they dont need to

I agree with ShadowWolf, some times input is not required! But it is a great way to keep up with things in the Big Smoke.....:D But there are also times when "Silence is golden" :rolleyes:

I think too maybe sometimes, people arent willing to voice there opinion for fear of being 'shouted' down for actually having an opinion that differs to that of others, or those of people thought highly of in the bowling world.

And some recent posts have discouraged posting of certain things also ... eg dont want to hear about certain things, or certain things are not suitable for posting on this site etc etc ..... maybe its scared a few off.

Not really my opinion, but a thought as to why posts might be low. Not sure, neither of the above worries me .... just post your thoughts and if others have different opinions, then thats great .... boring world if we all thought the same!

I'd tend to agree with Scott there, in that in the past, making comments on the forums, to which people have completely misconstrued them, has led to all sorts of arguments, politics and general bullsh*t that many feel they don't need nor want to put up with whilst continuing to be involved with the sport
Therefore in the interests of keeping out of trouble, have taken the option to read the forums but not to post.
I have seen bowlers leave the sport over arguments on here unfortunately, and have also seen first hand how much bitching used to go on over things posted on Totalbowling in the bowling centre.

There's 89 Tasmanians that are current members of this forum, and only 49 of them have posted more than once, so a lot do sit back read but don't wish to be involved.
It'd be good to see more people post here, I've taken nearly 5 years to get to 1308 posts whereas over on another forum I've been on for just under 3 years I've got to 7700 - people just seem very wary of getting involved here.

Usually when I speak the truth and voice my opinion on things. such as in a certain thread about the Natioanls, I get my wrists slapped. Higher-ups don't like being told the truth, as they think all is grand in their fantasylands.

Androo, you certainly didn't word that post like you are that concerned about getting your wrists slapped... Maybe you are hoping if you keep going, that you will get a spanking. :p lol
The other points raised (especially by Scott and Matt) are all valid reasons I think for why a lot of people keep their posts to an absolute minimum.
Also just a little confused about one thing - Chowny has said that we should be congratulating people more on their efforts, etc... but only a couple of weeks ago Jase was discouraging this as it was getting out of hand. Just wondered which line you guys are taking? Not complaining here, just a question :D

Kassey,

Now that there are separate sections to congratulate people in, THE LOUNGE , its alot better now. It seems to be a little more controlled. I had a lot of complaints regarding this being a bowling site/forum not a birthday site so i have now hopefully rectified that. By all means with the new section congratulate all you like. But remember to also involve yourselves in general discussions and topics of our sport.

At the end of the day it's you the bowler that makes a difference to our sport. It's your opinions and comments that become noticed by the powers above to force these changes and make the sport a better place to be. All we can do is encourage your opinions and can promise you that you as a TotalBowling member will be protected against any forum tough guys who used to think they could hide behind an alias name. Those days are gone and this should make everyone feel safe about posting there opinions here.

We as moderators will police it where we can, if and when things do get out of hand.

We have increased the staff at TotalBowling so that this can be policed a little easier. I too agree that everyone would have and does have a difference of opinion, and that’s what makes the world go round. Surely as adults we can voice our different opinions regarding the sport, and not carry it on outside of the forum.

Hope that sheds a little light.

I read TotalBowling every day, but don't post as regularly as I would like to. Simply because I've been out of the loop for a long time now. If I was better educated regarding current balls, lane conditions and such, no doubt I would post more often. Last time I bowled was a couple of months ago at Aspley on a Friday night. Before that it had been nearly a year.

GOD I MISS BOWLING!!!

Most of The stuff on the site has been said before. and all of the fun was taken out of it.

Personal attacks and slander across topics.

The good thing about the site is the entry forms and squad listings also results besides that not much else.

Thanks for your input James...Always love it when people show there true colours.... Sorry I took away the Personal attacks and slander across topics as you put it... We cleaned the site up from people like you...So that the majority could enjoy being here... To disappoint one to gain many I think was a good decision...

Please correct me if I'm wrong Jase, but I can't recall Mankind 280 ever having a go at anyone with a personal attack or slandering anyone any of his posts.

Back
Top Bottom