The NEW Blacktown Bowl

Leggi_23

What are peoples opinions of this center,

Personally weather a bowling center is too busy or not, the staff should be trained right in all the equipment, I actually bowled there 2 Saturdays ago and I was with a few league bowlers during the day, the control counter staff were playing with the lights, turning them on and off during while we were bowling, there is no seating for you to sit on the lanes, the lane tech could not have cared less who was bowling as he walked right across in our way as I was on the approach.
They were turning people away when there were empty lanes and it took me 3 weeks to even get a lane booking as every time I called and asked for two lanes, we were not wanted.

So what have other people experienced there:

Ilivetobowl has a lot to answer for...............

I went into there the first time on friday, first impression was wow, looks good, did not bowl as got a call for work, the only thing i dont understand is that they dont want ID on a saturday and some night leagues

They chose not to have ID and some other leagues becasue they beleive that social bowlers and birthday parties will bring in more money....

Key word: Money...

Ash said:
They chose not to have ID and some other leagues becasue they beleive that social bowlers and birthday parties will bring in more money....
Key word: Money...
Other keyword "IMAGE"

=D>
I am in the dynamite doubles league there on a tuesday night an actually enjoy bowling. The staff are very friendly and always willing to help us newbies!!

I am actually thinking of bowling league in Blacktown. Any Sunday afternoon / night league starting early next year???

To those who do not know me, i run the Pro Shop in the new Blacktown Bowl...

The new Centre has been the topic of many a discussion of late, some good and some not so good. So i thought i would just drop my 5c worth.

I do agree that in opening up a multi million dollar complex, you would expect that everything would be running smoothly by the time the doors opened for the first time. Unfortunately in this case, there were quite a few hiccups in the final construction stages, and this was after they had advertised an opening date. I commend the efforts of the entire team involved in opening the new centre as they worked unbelievably long hours in the final two months to bring you what you see when you walk through the doors. And i have not talked to a single patron yet, from social bowler to seasoned league bowler who could honestly say they would rather go back to the dingy old building on the other side of the railway tracks.

I believe (my opinion, not an AMF opinion) that this centre and more like it is exactly what bowling needs as far as upgrading the image of the sport. And as much as league bowlers whould hate to admit it, social bowlers ARE very important to all centres, with out social bowlers, where would league bowlers come from???

And lastly as far as Tournament bowling and what the new owners will do with it, that remains to be seen, but i would think that anyone with half an idea about any sport would realise that a sport without anything or anyone to aspire to would be a very short lived one.

Regards
Peter Biggs
The 11th Frame

i bowled there on sunday morning and the first thing that came to my head when i walked through the door was WOW! and to my suprise shock! horror! there was oil on the lanes, more than some centres i know, personally i was impressed with the centre overall, the staff was friendly and helpful, for a chester hill bowler like me i would definetly go back for practice games agiain, it's thumbs up from me for sure.:D :eek: :cool:

we had a kids birthday party there tuesday 6/12 and the kids had a great time. had some games myself and found the lanes just fine, approach was a bit stick though.

my only beef would be the video machines right up against lanes 1 to 4 with no barrier to block out the noise very disracting to say the least when your bowling at that end of the house.

Look i have been there just to social bowl and its 1 of the best centres and will be thats for certain......................:__:

Apart from lanes 21-22 ( just about the entire deck on lane 21 where the pins are all out of alignment terribly) the centre is pretty good. Especially the staff. Linda, Sean & co do a great job under some difficult circumstances. It is very sad to see Sandy go.

The staff are great, the centre looks fantastic and the lanes are good.
The only issue I encountered on a few occasions seems to be a tacky residue left on the floors in the player's area. This gets on the shoe soles and on the approaches, which makes sliding difficult.

delahro said:
The staff are great, the centre looks fantastic and the lanes are good.
The only issue I encountered on a few occasions seems to be a tacky residue left on the floors in the player's area. This gets on the shoe soles and on the approaches, which makes sliding difficult.

Isnt new Blacktown synthetic ?

graham said:
Isnt new Blacktown synthetic ?

Personally, l have found that a number of the new synthetic approaches are very slow, and slightly tacky. Not sure why this is, when the synthetic approaches of 5 years ago, are fantastic, and very consistent.

Maybe the centres should all stick to the good old fashioned wood approaches. Keep synthetic lanes, but wood approaches. Not as sensitive to weather as the synthetics.

I am very sorry for all those who are reading this ...but this is my view and I agree when it's said that each and everyone of us has our own individual views about each and every alley.

I found the staff exceptionally helpful, I knew that Bankstown is popular so I called them and asked them if it's best to book. Of course sir, I can check for availibilities for you if you would like. 20:30; 2 people for 3 games.

When we (friend and I) arrived, the alley was divided into two. Lanes 1-24 and lanes 25 onwards. One side was in 'day bowling' mode, the other side glow bowling. The glow bowling cost $3 more per game ...too expansive, not worth it. So, I show the girl behind the counter my league card and she gives me games at staff prices -- lucky me. Friend pays full costs.

I brought my own ball - my Visionary Violet Gargoyle, which would do the total oppersite to what I wanted it to do. My shoes kept slipping on the lead up to the foul line. Which was annoying.
My friend couldn't find a ball with finger holes that fit him, he ended up having to bowl with a ball which was 3lb too big for him, and then 1lb too small. I ended up putting my ball back in my bag about half way through the second game, and just used the house balls.
The till wouldn't open when I went to buy my drink ...it ended up having to be brought to me about 10 minutes later.

On a lighter note, great sound system and awesome music. The atmosphere I felt was a little too new for me to really enjoy it. Far too plastic.
My normal bowling alley is Southgate in Sylvainia. I am not sure if it's because I am comfortable there, but the staff are wonderful, the atmosphere is great and I cannot wait until they revamp the place. All they need is a better sound system, and we will be sorted!

Oh yeah, and I enjoyed looking at the plasmas at Bankstown too, the new animations are also a pleasent change to the old 1997 images I am used too at Southgate.

Back
Top Bottom