The Nationals Report - De Veer.

The Spanner

Tenpin's Jamie Lyon
Hi everyone.
Before I start, I just want to point people to the tba website, where they can access the scores. It's at www.tenpin.org.au ... just follow the links.
Now ... Day 1.
Apart from the Victorians who are threatening to run away with the tournament, everyone else seems very evenly matched, making for a great contest. I wont go to much into scores, but we certainly need one of the teams to put the brakes on the Vics with a few sound beatings to let the other teams catch up. OR maybe some midnight raids from the QS team, who are staying in the same hotel. I might have to sacrifice myself for that mission.
Anyway .... Handicaps had to be 100% of 220 as one of the NT guys went berserk during squads.
There is some nice bowling happening out there ... and some crap too (notably from yours truly, but I'm coming back). The stats on the tba website are fantastic. We gave out some awards at dinner .... I'm equal leader in one stat that's not too flattering .... but it's nice to know (sort of)(not).
Thanks to all those who have sent good wishes, especially our Rachuig team members. As always we are having a ball.
Cheers
Marto (Spanner).

Oh yeah ... almost forgot ... to the guy (no names ... he knows who he is) who was blocking my way to the lanes on almost every shot today ... I won't ask you to move next time, I'll just stick my tongue in your ear. You've been warned.

Thanks for the reports Pete - dont worry about the Vics they'll probably go the same way as their AFL Teams when it gets to the finals.:D

Spanner
Call me stupid (and you will)but why make the H/C 100% of 220 why not 100% of 200 and give the 1 person a 00 H/C. Same diff.:confused: :confused: :rolleyes:

Oh By the way GO VICCCSSSSSS

Grumpie,

They do it like this, and I'm assuming because I have basically no knowledge on the Walter De Veer System, to attempt to make it as fair as possible. It's assumed that what you average for your all-events will be relatively close to your average in De Veer. So based on that, the guy averaging 219, with a handicap of 0 based off 200 means that this guy can actually bowl up to 19 pins below this new average and still draw with someone who bowled their average from all-events.

Bowler A 219 Ave. 0 Handicap, bowls a 200. Total score=200
Bowler B 180 Ave. 20 Handicap, bowls 180. Total score=200

One guy bowls to average, one misse by 19 pins, yet the points are shared.
However, if the same games are worked from a handicap based off a number just above the highest entering average. Then we see this.

Bowler A 219 Ave. 1 Handicap, Bowls 200. Toal score 201
Bowler B 180 Ave. 40 Handicap, Bowls 180. Total score 220.

Bowler B bowled closer/higher to his average then bowler A did, thus deserving the points. Having the handicap based off a number just higher then the highest current average is the absolutely fairest way to have any league/tournament competition.

Hope this helps and makes sense.

Later Da Cowman!

Gee no wonder I have been as sharp as a tack today - Grumpy took my tablet instead !!!

Spanner - I can see you are still struggling after day 2. I know you can get your act together for tomorrow. :eek:nfire: :eek:nfire:

Liz

well nice post spanner..

just want to say GO SQ.... QS or what ever way around it is.. :p

just like to say keep going to teddy (Michael Thompson) and gordo (gordon kitchener) Lets hope the two of you can finish in the all stars after tomorrow.

any way good luck to sq for tomorrow.. :)

PS.loved the defeat of the vics.. was lovely to see.

CHUCKY

De Veer - Day 2.

How things can change so easily.

In the mens section we found that the Vics were riding high ... until they hit a hurdle in the first game of the morning in the shape of the vacant scores ... and were then beaten by ACT, Queensland South and Queensland North.

NSW have charged to the lead in the mens section, but are down to six players after one was told he couldn't compete due to not posting an all events score at the championships.

QS sit just behind the leaders in equal third with NT. Yes, Chucky, Ozzie (Thommo) and Joiner (Gordy) are bowling the house down. The other six in my team are all going strong, so I'll probably be leading the 'back-up music' on the third day if my voice holds up.

In the ladies section, the ACT have caught everyone on the hop and are performing very well. Tassie are second and the Vics are third, but it's all very close.

Good luck to everyone out there today ... and stop trying to steal the Monkey God.

well well well spanner looks like he underestimated himself.

MARTIN Peter SQLD 256 38 294

lovely 256 scratch game and a 294 handicap thats huge spaner..

hopefully you can keep this going :)

Just like to say well done VICCCCSSSSSS

1st Overall 1st Ladies 2nd Men
Same result as last year.
Now make sure everybody parties hard!!!!

Yes Grumpie ... the Victorians won the Combined and Ladies tournaments, well done to them.

Us South Queenslanders will be celebrating our third combined and our third in the mens division.

We will also be celebrating the fact that an idea we had at our team dinner last night helped raise $1620 for the Canteen (Kids with Cancer) Fund, with generous donations from all of the other teams and tournament officials.

Now, for the party. Tonights theme is Commando. Should be fun.

The tournament, as always, was something special to be involved in, and I urge all bowlers who are able to qualify to get out and have a go next year.

And yes Chucky, miracles do happen, especially after a ball change (what a dummy ... why didn't i do it before game 12?)

And the Monkey God was stolen by NQ. They want me to buy them drinks for his return..... hmmm ... tough choice.

Over and out ...

Marto.

WELL DONE SQ=D> That is a great result everyone.

Well done with the fund raiser too.:cool:

Great game Marto. Now re Monkey God, remember "By Crikey The Croc" last year? See PC mate!!! (Only joking, we're not whimps up here!!!) Again, well done;)

Feral

DB4 HDB1

Spanner
Congrats to all on their achievements. Congrats to SQ men for coming third.
Special congrats to the NQ Men whose drive and determination saw them achieve 4th.

I am only sad that I am not there to share in the drinks brought by Spanner for the return of the monkey. I would I have told to buy all night girls!!!!
Michelle

Well done to both Qld Teams. Go and have a beer together - you are both booked into the same Motor Lodge for Tasmania 2006.

Id just like to congratulate the NSW Men on their victory.
It was great to see...and a congrats for combined 2nd place. Well Done guys!

just want to say congrats to the vics and nsws for there wins and positions they finished great bowling all round to do that.

But no congrats to SQ men on getting third and also for the women on getting high enough to take out the 3rd combined positions..

but a big congrats to the all star team especially gordo and teddy from SQ... great effort both of you and to michael wooler and james corbett who just missed out on making the team.. i beleive that sq had 5 bowlers inside the top 13 bowlers from the comp so great effort guys..

lol see what happens when i am not in the team.. lol

Congratulations to all teams that competed and won medals.

This no doubt should be a tournament that will run year in and year out. Watching the comments about this tournament shows that the rivalry is competitive yet friendly and that in its self shows that it will go on for ever.

Well done to the QLD South Teams both Men and Woman on collecting bronze overall.

Congratulations to the Men’s team on also finishing very strongly taking a medal.

Well done to the guys who Made all stars, and don’t worry James keep rolling scores like that mate and next year I think you will be rolling of for Rachuig, great Tournament all in all guys and once again congratulations to the lucky ones.

Jase

And the Monkey God was stolen by NQ. They want me to buy them drinks for his return..... hmmm ... tough choice.
NQ Girls had the monkey!!! Took the SQ boys ten whole minutes to miss him LOL! And most of us got a drink.... Thanks Spanner
Ps. Photos of Monkey's ordeal will be posted shortly!

Just like to mention Albert Mazzoni's 832 series today...an incredible 28 strikes in a row for games of 277, 300, 255. Could have very easily been a 300 game in the 3rd game, if it weren't for a solid 10 pin. If that doesn't qualify for Open Masters, then there's something wrong. Great stuff mate. The pair was 1-2, and the ball was a Hammer Turbo Diesel. Once again, congrats:D

Bubyee

Rowey:p

Back
Top Bottom