The Nationals Report - De Veer.

Just got back and soooooooo tired so only a small post for now.
What fun fantastic time 3 De Veer's ( for me ) and it just get's better first medal's yeah love it.
As for the tongue in my ear how could u miss:rolleyes:.

Will have to check but me and Marto ( Spanner ) played head to head and i forget the result Hummmmm I think i spanked your Monkey and you:D
This will do for now GREAT FUN, De Veer rock's

Gary..........................:cool:

Ps The Monkey was renamed Gary for a time i hope u looked after me:(

Ice said:
Didn't put up much of a fight, I actually think he kinda enjoyed it!;)

The monkey couldn't get the smile off his face sitting in the back of the car on the way home ..

Ice said:
Will have to check but me and Marto ( Spanner ) played head to head and i forget the result Hummmmm I think i spanked your Monkey and you

Yes .. you did win well Gazza. Pity about that 10 pin you left standing in the last frame, or you could have taken the more important team points (which I just happened to secure for my team, causing wild celebrations through the whole centre). It was fun wiping the smile from your guys faces when that Brooky took all ten !!!! M-A-R-V-E-L-L-O-U-S!!!!!!

GO NSW :p :p :p

We done it 4 people playing 1st de veer and we won it thanx steven for being the greatest cap ever and thanx to the team for giving me such a good time

Hey Spanner (Marto) did Gary accuse some one of calling out his name when he missed that solid ten pin and allowed SQ to win the team point ?? That funny same thing happened against NSW !! Must be a phantom voice in the centre somewhere

Hey Daniel you should go away more often. Your Friday night sub got more points in 2 weeks than you got all season last year.:D :D
You're in second spot!

No one seems to have mentioned the absolutely awesome display from the NSW Mens De Veer team who secured the GOLD medal in their home state.

Whilst other teams attempted to sing, chant and yell to try and win the allusive gold medal, NSW went about their business in a truly professional and sporting manner and this was to let their bowling do the talking, no special songs or chants each time they struck or spared, instead the quiet men stood behind their team mates and encouraged them on with comments of commitment and teamwork

This team on several occassions were faced in the sixth seventh and eight frames of variuos matches with different states with receiving possible 6-1
or worse losses only to turn a losing situation into 6-1 or even better win and take points that never looked like being on offer.

With the team only having former De Veer veterans Steve Archer and Mark Ward the rest of the bowlers were first time De Veer bowlers, but their experience in other areas of bowling certainly placed them in a strong position to maintain intensity during the three days of the tournament.

Well done to the NSW Women as well who tried their hardest to support the men and were able to win a Siver medal for combined points for NSW.

To Brian Cahill you are awesome, for guy who has only been bowling for 12 - 18 months your list of credits for you first Nationals is incredible:

1) Gold Medal - NSW Mens Walter De Veer
2) Siver Medal - Combined De Veer
3) TBA Directors Award - Walter De Veer Tournament 2005
4) Restricted Masters Winner 2005 - TBA Nationals.

Id like to say congrats to the vics for the efforts and places but a big thanx to my fellow NSW men that helped me win my first deveer medal.
i have been in teams of national virgins b4 and in the past 2 years we have come last 2003 (south QLD) and 2nd last in 2004 with nsw.
it was a awsome feeling gettting that cup and once again id like to thank the boys in the team john the manager, dougy that came to evry training session and helped out so much and alan for alll your help on the lanes.

see u all next year
mark

Hey Spanner (Marto) did Gary accuse some one of calling out his name when he missed that solid ten pin and allowed SQ to win the team point ?? That funny same thing happened against NSW !! Must be a phantom voice in the centre somewhere
Point one i spared that 10 pin:p ( missed sooooo many single pin's ) It was the strike that cost us:(
Point two that voice seem's to be alway's around when i miss HaHa ( i did hear some thing but that is never an excuse but it's all all's good to try and blame some one else rather than yourself[-X )

Well done NSW great team effort i will beat Steve won day played him 3 time's and he has betten me 2 time's and a draw last game, most remembered is Perth when after his last shot he ripped of his shirt to reveal he was wearing a BRA not a pretty sight........

Gary...........................:cool:

Well here I am a little more rested than I was after returning from a victorious week at the Nationals and De Veer for my first ever year. The atmosphere was great and the support was a bit of a disappointment but hey I will get over it. To hear all the teams yelling screaming and chanting was a buzz for me as I have never been in that situation before. Going into the De Veer I was a little nervous but the support of my team(Victoria), the coach(Daddy coach Joe), our brilliant manager(Tracy Broadbent) and can't forget the lady that kept us all fed and watered for the 3 days ( Fiona Formossa) I was able to enjoy my first ever De Veer and I tell u I want it again.

The enthusiasm that all the teams showed to each other was great even if they were quiet cause it isnt how loud or how quiet you are it is the suport of your team and support crew that counts and that is why our women and men did so well to Bring home the Gold. AGAIN!!!!!!

It was great to catch up with someone at De Veer that I hadn't seen for over 10 years. I was nearly in tears when I realised on the second day that the lady that started me in ten pin bowling was there but sadly after about 3 months of bowling I didnt pick up another bowling ball till 4.5 yrs ago. He support during the Restricted Cup finals was great and kept me powering through the field. I ended up finishing equal 3rd in the womens division and for me that is a great achievement. Well thats all for me right now.

Oh and I also forgot a huge huge thank you to our unseen supporter and her husband Anne De Witt who was busy behind the scenes organising different things for the team and to her husband Roger again it was an honour to bowl with you for my first year.

Charlie(aka Kiddo Victoria):) :p :D

Oh yeah I forgot

GO THE NQ CANE TOADS!!!! I had fun stirring u guys up but I hope that I can catch up with a few of you when I come to NQ next year sometime.:D

Bernadette you will get your shirt eventually but I will let u know when.:confused:

As for the SQ cane toads was great fun waking up in the morning and having fun with you all. Sorry I got the girls into trouble at the motel on the first night of De Veer.:rolleyes:

Black Duck said:

I didn't hear any complaint from Gary at all. He was the first bloke to shake hands with our guys at the end of the match and congratulate us on our slim victory.

In fact, I think Gary copped a pretty raw deal down at the nationals. We (The QS Team) found him to be a thoroughly decent bloke, who would put himself out and come and have a drink with our team after play. Not many people would do that.

I'm amazed that some people think that De Veer is all about bowling. De Veer is about having as much fun as you can. Our songs and chants were a part of our fun and our own team bonding, and our whole team has committed to be involved in some way next year. Thats a pretty good rate of return. With guys now going back to tell people what fun they had, just like last year, our roll offs numbers might just double again. The more people want in, the stronger our tournament becomes. I'm sure other teams had fun in their own way, but lets face it ... there aren't to many people at that tournament that would make a living out of bowling.... so just go and enjoy it as much as possible.

I thought the system used for averages and handicaps this year was great. It made for a very close competition. Congratuations to the TBA for having the balls to make such radical changes, but I think they got it right.

Congrats to all the winners. Well done. What a bonus taking a 'dustie' or two home from such a fun week.

Peter Martin.
Marto.
Smartie.
Spanner.

Congratulations to the South Queensland team who wore Canteen Bandanas and came up with the idea of sending the hat 'round and raised $1,620 for cancer during the De Veer Tournament. Another reason to be proud to be a Queenslander!!! well done guys.

Well done to Sth QLD on your fantastic idea it's alway's good to give.
Well done Vic bowler's on over $300 raised one person put in $100 good on you.

Bowling's is fun but life is more.

Hey there Charliebrown
Yes all good things come to those who wait!!!!
Go you wild child you. Make sure you do come and visit us in sunny north queensland!
Cheers
Dory
AKA
Grumpy Gills
AKA
Bernie
PS : where is your email address?????
;) :D :eek: :rolleyes:

Hey there Grumpy Gills,

My email is my msn messenger address. Email me that way and by the way I will possibly be in Townsvill either January or February next year.

Look forward to seeing you all

Ice said:
Congratulations to the South Queensland team who wore Canteen Bandanas and came up with the idea of sending the hat 'round and raised $1,620 for cancer during the De Veer Tournament. Another reason to be proud to be a Queenslander!!! well done guys.

Yep .. we were as proud of that effort as we were of the medals we won bowling. It gave us a real sense we had achieved something that would help others.

Gazza, there was a guy from Tassie who threw in a Greeny too ... I'm not sure which state threw in the most (not published) ... but at the end of the day the $1620 will come in very handy to the guys at Canteen.

Maybe we should try and do this every year, and make Canteen the Official De Veer Charity?

And, while speaking about the guys from Tassie, I want to congratulate them. These guys had won back to back mens titles, yet were hit very hard by the new rules regarding averages. They ran last, but not once did I hear any complaints from any of their players regarding their handicaps. In my book, that's a class act, and they can hold their heads up as high as the winners. Good on you, guys.

Marto.

Gary you are a champion bloke and at least you can take a bit of dig, I guess we all have to have a laugh at ourselves sometimes, yes Steve Archer is a mongrel to bowl against, he has away of putting things into your head in such a hilarious way that you cannot really take offence.

To the SQ team your Bandana wearing cause for Cancer was absolutely sensational,I personally have lost a Mother and Aunt as well as many close friends to this disease and any fund raising to assist with finding a cure is very worthwhile and I can tell you many people dug deep because Cancer knows no borders and is not discriminatory against any person.

To SQ and all the bowlers at the Walter De Veer tournament congratulations and give yourself a big pat on the back for thinking about helping others

I reckon de Veer should be extended from three days to at least a week. So much fun and it's always over too quick!

[Original by The Spanner]
And, while speaking about the guys from Tassie, I want to congratulate them. These guys had won back to back mens titles, yet were hit very hard by the new rules regarding averages. They ran last, but not once did I hear any complaints from any of their players regarding their handicaps. In my book, that's a class act, and they can hold their heads up as high as the winners. Good on you, guys.
Marto]

Thanks Marto I hope I see you All at Hobart next year

Regards Joseph
AKA Top Gun

Back
Top Bottom