the dummy spit award for bowling very bad

M

mick07

hey everyone

who has one of their worst moment at bowling that they curse themselves for missing a spare or missing the pins by accident ?

i've done it heaps of times and regret of putting the ball in the gutter and missing spares ah well we get better at the game

my lowest game would have to be a 79 game :p

my lowest in league is 99, bowling I.D in sydney 2 yrs ago, worst thing was i was beaten by all the ladies in my team.

I had a 190 ave and they were 130 or so lmao

Try bowling a 290 then a 126 in a ranked tournament to miss the cut by 2 pins... yeah that was a defining moment!

It happened in 2003... I was not happy :(

Each time I have bowled 290 since, I focus on beating 126 in the next one! :p

hello there,
it's really funny when your in the middle of a national tournament and throw an almost perfect ball straight down your line ride that one shot four lanes and leave the coldest 10 pin ever seen it didn't even wobble! although i did recover and finish up with 6 in a row resulting in a 250 game so not all bad.
cheers,
shane

hello there,
it's really funny when your in the middle of a national tournament and throw an almost perfect ball straight down your line ride that one shot four lanes and leave the coldest 10 pin ever seen it didn't even wobble! although i did recover and finish up with 6 in a row resulting in a 250 game so not all bad.
cheers,
shane
i had that problem last night in the 2nd game in league got 3 9's in a row i was hoping to take out that 10 pin to get a strike :mad: ah well i spared them :D and finished up with a 147 game then 1st game got a 131 game

Ripped the cubicle door off its hinges in the Gents after shooting 262 then 123 one night many years ago to lose the league.
Broke the smoke detector above the proshop with my shoe, thrown from lane 7, after shooting a 140-something game to lose a pretty important match at the time.
Punched the computer scoring console almost out of the ground in Shield trials back when I was 17, was having a shocker and had dropped to last, 8 games later I'd jumped about 14 spots to make the team.
Walking through the carpark at Moonah after I blew a decent lead in a tournament and lost, I kicked a rock in anger which slammed into the window of Decorama's showroom next door and cracked one of the windows.

That's just a small sample. I was a wee bit fiery when I was in my teens and twenties.

Ripped the cubicle door off its hinges in the Gents after shooting 262 then 123 one night many years ago to lose the league.
Broke the smoke detector above the proshop with my shoe, thrown from lane 7, after shooting a 140-something game to lose a pretty important match at the time.
Punched the computer scoring console almost out of the ground in Shield trials back when I was 17, was having a shocker and had dropped to last, 8 games later I'd jumped about 14 spots to make the team.
Walking through the carpark at Moonah after I blew a decent lead in a tournament and lost, I kicked a rock in anger which slammed into the window of Decorama's showroom next door and cracked one of the windows.
That's just a small sample. I was a wee bit fiery when I was in my teens and twenties.
hahaha rolling on the floorx10 thats like john mcenroe. that would have been a good dummy spit to put on 20 to 1.

Yelling at pins and putting up middle finger is my best effort although a guy I was bowling against in Metro Cup put a hole in the wall at liverpool. Funy stuff that.

Ive seen a bowler do the "Ernie McCracken" move, from the movie Kingpin.
They didnt cut, so everything was packed away and they were out the door in a flash, pushing past others in a huff.
Absolutely hilarious.

Ive seen a bowler do the "Ernie McCracken" move, from the movie Kingpin.
They didnt cut, so everything was packed away and they were out the door in a flash, pushing past others in a huff.
Absolutely hilarious.

If it's who I think it is, then it is quite hilarious.

Of course, if you've bowled or seen league in my neck of the woods, then you know there has been some great dummy spits over the years. Many that are too bad to put on here :p .

500th Post.

has anyone seen that Mars Bar commerical with the guy (cant think of the tennis star name properly John something) yelling at the umpire "U CANT BE SERIOUS" !!! we should have him doing in a Bowling tourmeant :p cursing and swearing at the pins when he doesnt get his own way when he doesnt get a strike :p :p

hmm i wouldnt call this as a dummy spit but tonight in my last game i had x9/9/9/9/9/9/x9/x8/
ALL SOLID!!! arrgh! :swear: lol. but the best part was when i had the 8 i was yelling at the pins telling them:wtf1: one should fall down atleast. so painful... guess il cry in my corner lol...sigh...:violin:
anyone had anything similar and got annoyed?

I have quite a few stories myself, seen a hell of a lot over my 30+ years on the lanes, One that always sticks in my mind was a long time ago but i can't remember the guy's name, it was a tourney or champs held at liverpool, he was a fairly tall built guy, i didn't see what he had thrown but what happened after he finished i'll never forget, he grabbed all his gear, cursing and swearing going off his head, walked over to the top of the stairs towards the exit and threw all his balls and gear down the stairs, everyone was stunned, but quite funny at the same time

As for myself, for my own book of shame entry...it was a 3-4 years ago, had a sport series event at blacktown, went to the club afterwards with a mate and had something in the vicinity of 10-15 drinks until i had to bowl in my sunday singles league, i hardly remember anything of that night during league, but i was told i was staggering on the lanes something awful, threw a few gutter balls and included a 98 game...shocker.

I have quite a few stories myself, seen a hell of a lot over my 30+ years on the lanes, One that always sticks in my mind was a long time ago but i can't remember the guy's name, it was a tourney or champs held at liverpool, he was a fairly tall built guy, i didn't see what he had thrown but what happened after he finished i'll never forget, he grabbed all his gear, cursing and swearing going off his head, walked over to the top of the stairs towards the exit and threw all his balls and gear down the stairs, everyone was stunned, but quite funny at the same time

As for myself, for my own book of shame entry...it was a 3-4 years ago, had a sport series event at blacktown, went to the club afterwards with a mate and had something in the vicinity of 10-15 drinks until i had to bowl in my sunday singles league, i hardly remember anything of that night during league, but i was told i was staggering on the lanes something awful, threw a few gutter balls and included a 98 game...shocker.
HAHAHAHAHA Come on Robbo you can do better than that mate
I too have seen some fantastic dummy spits in my time

SPC at Moorabbin. I just had a brain snap borne of an excess of exasperation and an absence of much else, so I gave a 2 ball tote that had the audacity to slip from my shoulder and smack my wrist a flick from the stairs. (Only about 10 metres and it had clearly indicated it's desire to get there faster.) Casually picked it up and put all the gear in the back of the Saab. (You know. At about mach 2.) Drove off casually. (Airborne out of the drive. Okay, the Saab wasn't a turbo, so that's exaggerating.)

Got home and discovered said circus troupe tote wouldn't open. Somehow the zip got wedged in the case of the ball. The funniest things happen when you travel. Causally repaired the ball and used it for another 2 years.

Of course I was responsible... I looked to make sure I didn't hit anything when I tossed it. Just like the rest of my day. Only this time I didn't hit anything with two balls.

Summed up the trip, really.

SPC at Moorabbin. I just had a brain snap borne of an excess of exasperation and an absence of much else, so I gave a 2 ball tote that had the audacity to slip from my shoulder and smack my wrist a flick from the stairs. (Only about 10 metres and it had clearly indicated it's desire to get there faster.) Casually picked it up and put all the gear in the back of the Saab. (You know. At about mach 2.) Drove off casually. (Airborne out of the drive. Okay, the Saab wasn't a turbo, so that's exaggerating.)

Got home and discovered said circus troupe tote wouldn't open. Somehow the zip got wedged in the case of the ball. The funniest things happen when you travel. Causally repaired the ball and used it for another 2 years.

Of course I was responsible... I looked to make sure I didn't hit anything when I tossed it. Just like the rest of my day. Only this time I didn't hit anything with two balls.

Summed up the trip, really.

Remember the SPC, in 89 I think it was, when we both choked monumentally out of the cut, proceeded over to the Bankstown Sports Club, downed a few frothies and proceeded to partake in a headbutting comp. I wisely (?) pulled out after 4. But suffice it to say that was far and away my worst ever reaction to a poor performance in a tournament.

Back
Top Bottom