The CHALLENGE Episode 3 - Shock Loss to MoRich!

Griffo

Oustide, Looking In ...
Welcome back our loyal viewers.

The third week of the challenge took place at Werribee Superbowl today.... with an interesting result. :shock:

* The one pin win last week to Rod kept him smiling all week. Even the nurse was wondering what was up....
I think he just had gas! :oops:
Little did he know what was going to happen this week..... :shock:

* Jason brought a new challenger to the lanes, his father Mick.
Mick is another Lane #1 bowler known as "The Buzzsaw". Jason obviously feels safety in numbers.

* We decided to have a little team incentive as well,
with Jason and Mick, teaming up against Rod and Mike......
That's Lane #1 verses the MoRich / Ancient Hammer Combination.

Now here are the results -

Rod (MoRich) - 227, 213, 190 = 630. (4th)

Mike (Ancient Hammer) - 204, 201, 269 = 674. (2nd)

Jason (Lane #1) - 257, 178, 257 = 692. (1st)

Mick (Lane #1) - 173, 214, 248 = 635. (3rd)

* For Rod, the Morich prayer did not work...
He could have had the flu, or been verbally abused, ...
but they were Jason's excuses week one.
All Rod could say was that if he wasn't confined to a wheelchair, he would have bowled better! :roll:
Still, a decent 630 to come 4th for Morich. =;

* Buzzsaw Mick took a while to get his old bones moving, but finished strong. It was a strong effort to finish 3rd on his first effort with us.....he said he would be back. :)

* Mike was strong with his Ancient Hammer, coming a very respectable second, and showing that quality balls show through even if they are old! 8)

* And now to Jason. Two very good games in one and three, but the sleeping tablets reappeared in game two again. :oops: :sleeping:
A great 692 series, and a WEEK 3 WIN to Lane #1. =D>
Well done!

In the teams,
Rod and Mike won two games, with Jason and Mick taking the last game and overall. It was certainly close.

Rod / Mike 431, 414, 459 = 1304.

Jason / Mick 430, 392, 505 = 1327.

It was a fun week. I need to mention an appearance from Ebonite, Storm, Rotogrip and AMF. They challenged in the skins, but were no real threat to the "Challenge" title.

Rod will be home at the retirement village, having a spongebath, and praying to his MoRich God, and wondering where he went wrong. [-o<

Wait 'till next time.....
:wink:

Ok so jase no flue this week mate good to hear! ha ha! Nice win!, keep up the good bowling, is there going to be challange No. 4?

To quote Morich Man!
The only pre requisite, is that you have to be good...

Rod and Jason...Out of curiosity, what were your averages before Werribee got the Kegel machine?

Wayne,

In Jason's defense he has improved alot over the last year (he has been bowling well outside of Werribee). It would be unfair to rate him on that basis.

Cheers,
Craig

Rod and Jason...Out of curiosity, what were your averages before Werribee got the Kegel machine?[/quote]

Well wchester i have been bowling for a little over a year and last year i started out as a 150 avg and now im just under 200 at sunshine and werribee. So the kegel hasn't really helped me out, Because sunshine doesn't use a kegel machine. Sorry to disappoint you there see ya, and one day you might be as good as us thanks.

We have now had three exciting and intense weeks of "The Challenge" with some interesting results.

I have been doing my figures, :-k
and ....

In Third Place is -
Lane #1 (Jason) - 576, 628, 692 = 1896 / 9 = 210.6 ave.

In Second place is -
MoRich (Rod) - 691, 629, 630 = 1950 / 9 = 216.6 ave.

In FIRST place is -
ANCIENT HAMMER (Mike) - 724, 625, 674 = 2024 / 9 = 224.8 ave.

I think the OLD equipment is certainly holding it's own!

Interesting :shock:

* Tune in next time to see if MoRich and Lane #1 can bridge the gap.... 8)

* Please note, that due to prior commitments, The Challenge will not be taking place over the next three weeks.
Episode four will however be taking place in the near future.....
Stay tuned. :D :D

On a happier note thank you to all my fans out there in the bowling world.
I would like to thank you for your support whilst i had the flu and made this win possible. \:D/

I lost concentration during the second game because i had a streaker run across the lanes which only put me off because the ageing eyes of Rod, Mike and Mick couldn't see her. :^o

Was it Rods nurse from the nursing home perhaps? :oops:

Well wchester i have been bowling for a little over a year and last year i started out as a 150 avg and now im just under 200 at sunshine and werribee. So the kegel hasn't really helped me out, Because sunshine doesn't use a kegel machine. Sorry to disappoint you there see ya, and one day you might be as good as us thanks.

Jason.. Wayne used to bowl on the PBA!

wchester
Rod and Jason...Out of curiosity, what were your averages before Werribee got the Kegel machine?
I was having some fun reading this topic until I read your post. I found it quite insulting to these people given your opinion on the current use on Kegels. I don't see these guys bragging about their scores only the fact that they win. I don't think they would care if they won with lower scores. Lighten up.
Jason.. Wayne used to bowl on the PBA!
I used to bowl but I don't anymore cos I suk at bowling but atleast I'm a good sport about it.

Doriana Porto :) :) :)

Doriana

I think the quote from Rod says it all,
"The only pre requisite, is that you have to be good..."

I tend to consider that to be bragging wouldn't you. After all, a 200 average in your second year of bowling is normal..NOT!

And as for the Kegel Technology, I don't dislike the machine..only those who use it to cheapen the sport in an attempt to fatten their wallet.

You don't need to defend what you do..but please realise that in softening your condition, you have provided a number of bowlers with the means to a false sense of their bowling ability.
And for that alone I say.....shame on you.

It's not always all about the money..integrity counts for something in the big scheme of life.

Hey i need to kno wwhat is the "KEGEL" thing ur talkin bout sounds like a machine ya play or a game or somthin

Wayne,

Reading your posts, I am getting the impression that you are taking The Challenge seriously....

Including many of the comments made.

In case you haven't noticed, we are poking fun at each other....
We are all friends, and we are bowling for FUN...
It is not a major tournament, and we are NOT threatening anyone by what we are doing. Is that OK?
We are taking it light heartedly, and believed everyone else would do so as well.
Yes, we are bowling the scores posted, and we are trying to win,
BUT,
I do not believe anyone has claimed to be a world beater....

Our comments are directed at each other.

The Quote about the only "pre requisite is you have to be good" was a tongue in cheek dig at Jason,
and only Jason.
He knew we were joking.

We are trying to create this into a weekly "soap opera" style story to amuse others. Not to brag about our scores or ability.

I don't think you should be having a go at a 16 year old boy who loves to bowl,
and is making every attempt to improve his ability....
Jason is one of those boys.

Let's try to keep some fun in bowling.
He wasn't hurting you.

I hope this makes it clearer,

Mike

wchester

You don't need to defend what you do..but please realise that in softening your condition, you have provided a number of bowlers with the means to a false sense of their bowling ability.
And for that alone I say.....shame on you.

I bowl at Keon Park (no Kegal) and ave 199+ and 3 different leagues. Everytime i bowl at either Werribee or Mooroolbark i struggle to ave 180 and that goes for over half a dozen guys at keon park who ave over 200 and i'f you have bowled at keon park the lanes aren't easy.

John Costantini

Jason and Rod..
Please accept my apology. I would never bag anyone about endeavouring to improve their game.
My only concern was that you may not have understood why you've had a sudden and sharp rise to your averages.

Lane#1Rox said:
Sorry to disappoint you there see ya, and one day you might be as good as us thanks.
:D :D :D HAHAHA...saying that to Wayne, that is hilarious!

Jason, it's time to take that urine sample that you have been ignoring for the past 9 months :wink: jks - keep bowling well!

Hi to all our followers :D

Good win to jason and his lane #1

The streaker we had seen drove Mike wild he found out it was my nurse.

My nurse betty and Him have run off to Queensland for 2 weeks, heaven knows what they're up to :lol:

So what happen to me was a big disapointment to all of the morich supporters, but the next challenge will be different, as i am off to try and find mike and nurse betty. :twisted:

But don't be disapointed i will be back in about 3 weeks with nurse betty back by my side and fresh as a daisy. :D

then we will see if lane #1 can keep up with the almighty MORICH

Back
Top Bottom