The best of the best

GeorgeF

Hypercell = Hyperhook!
Well today and tomorrow I will be fortunate enough to be working at a Senior PBA stop which is being held right here in Vegas. A lot of people don't give the Senior tour credit but I must say all these guys are "Professional" in every sense of the word. Not only in their behaviour but in there ability and conduct on the lanes.

Last night I spoke to John Handegard, Mark Roth, Johnny Petrglia, Dale Eagle and Guppy Troop. Let me tell you it is an experience I'll never forget. Further to that helping these guys punch up balls in a pro shop which puts out over 60 balls a day is an experience I'll treasure and greatley learn from.

To all the old timers in Australia I have bagged or shown a lack of respect to over the last 2 years, I take it all back. You guys are good.
icon_smile.gif

Sounds like fun. I probably learned more watching senior tour tapes with guys like Handegard, George Pappas and Teata Seamiz than watching any of the 'young' guys(Besides Ozio,Duke,Pedersen and Voss)

I've got a quick drilling question too. Would a pin at 10.30 from cg drilling on a Pearl Elite give me more midlane and a stronger arc than the label drill it has now?(My original Heat is drilled like that so i assume it would be a pretty strong reaction)

Add to that Parker Bohn, he was in the bowl today and is coming to Australia for his delayed honeymoon in late November early December. If we are lucky, he might even stop by Canberra and make an appearance or even bowl if we are very unlucky.

Adrain, I need to know if you are righthanded and if there is balance/axis holes in the ball and what surface is the ball at? Let me know and I'll help as much as I can.

Hey george can you send me an email, doesn't have to contain anything just so i have your address in my address book. my email is [email protected]

Thanx Concord

Frank N
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

Adrian

The drilling you describe for a right hander is the classic 4 x 2 label drilling. This offers med / long length with a strong arcing finish.

The elite will get down further than the Heat and will cover a few more boards as well. It will rev a little more than the Heat but that is due more to the coverstock than the ball. If you are looking for length with a strong arcing finish, keep the 10.30 drilling and try and keep at least 1/2 ounce side. You can even drill you finger holes above the Pin and kick the CG out 1 inch to the right.

I'm not sure on how you are finding your centre of grip but you should be drawing a 5"inch line through your CG from you PAP.

A stronger and more popular drilling is to drill the ball at 4 x 2 and then drill an axis hole 1" inch past the PAP (ensure that there is at least 1" ounce of side, so when you punch the balance hole you can bring it back to 1/2 side). This creates med flare (depends on the balance hole size) and offers a stronger finish than a standard 10.30 drilling. It's also handy on wet/dry conditions, skating if it hits oil and turning when it hits dry boards.

Email me at [email protected] if you have anymore queries.

G
icon_biggrin.gif

I've got the out of the box finish on the Elite pearl and it doesn't have a balance hole. I'm righthanded. The ball is 1 1/2 inch pin out with 2 1/2 top weight. The 10.30 drill on the heat has the pin about and inch and a half below the finger hole and the pin is 4' from axis and the cg is 2' from axis. With the elite i want to keep the pin closer to the ring finger for a bit more length.

Back
Top Bottom