The 2007 NRL Telstra Premiership Thread

Bad news for the Broncos.....Karmichael Hunt must move up into five-eighth and hopefully that loser Perry doesn't get a recall. No Lockyer, Hodges or Tate. Watch it Hammer you'll cop it now. I'm sure Cam and Spanner will have a bit to say......

In other news wins to both Penrith and Roosters tonight benefits both Broncos and the 2007 premiers the Cowboys

Lockyer ruled out for the season

Saturday, July 14, 2007 - 9:40 PM

Brisbane have suffered a devastating blow to their NRL premiership defence with skipper Darren Lockyer ruled out for the rest of the season with a knee injury.

Scans confirmed the champion five-eighth ruptured his anterior cruciate ligament in the Broncos' 24-16 win over North Queensland on Friday night and will require a knee reconstruction.

He is likely to have the operation in about a week and will require a six- to nine-month rehabilitation period, which should allow him back in time to start the 2008 NRL season.

Lockyer said he was disappointed at the outcome, the first serious knee injury in the 30-year-old's career.

"I am disappointed but I can't do anything about it," said Lockyer.

"Sometimes things like this happen. I have seen a lot of my mates have to go through things like this.

"It is going to be a whole new challenge for me, but what is done is done.

"Personally I have moved on and am thinking about being back playing for the Broncos in 2008." The injury is a potentially crippling blow to the Broncos in their bid for back-to-back premierships.

Brisbane had only just kickstarted their 2007 campaign after an inconsistent start to the season.

Two months ago, the Broncos were tied for last on the ladder but, after five straight wins, are now knocking on the door of the top four.

Their pivot had been at his scheming best in the first-half ambush of the Cowboys on Friday night.

He laid on one try with a deft pass to a flying Dane Carlaw, then busted through the home side's defence to put Karmichael Hunt under the posts.

There was confusion as to exactly how Lockyer suffered the injury in the second half.

He first went to ground with no one around him in the 67th minute, before coming off the field after again slumping to the turf five minutes from fulltime.
thats sad news at his age u have to question whether he will be able to come back.

As for brisbane i think this makes them cannon fodder finals time. They will make it but with out lockyer they offer very little.

I actually feel kind of cheated. If manly do go on to win the comp there will be tossers like richie sayin we only won because locky was injuried.

Ok cam I’ll take you up on the bet, a few rules first, since it's for the Western open and I take that tournament pretty seriously, I am going to have to have a jersey that fits me properly.;)
Mate I wouldn't have a jersey big enough for you mate, since im into an lge these days mate, how would I go about supplying you with the right size. I think Boston Represent has an away strip for the broncos for 35 bucks maybe that’s an idea??
No punt intended
Just bumping this up, Manly Vs Brisbane this weekend we will know sunday nite who wins the better.

Good luck richie

Yeah .... didn't do the Broncos any favours ..:D
And the Titans. For a change it would have worked out well if Manly won their last 3 games but no, the idiots lose to souths. Now theres not much chance of all 3 Queensland teams making the finals. Cowboys are the only ones certain to be there, currently sitting outright third.

Tigers lost tonight against the knights which means The Broncos and Rabbitohs are in the finals. 16 straight years for the Broncs. Not that it matters because the mighty Cowboys downed the Bulldogs tonight and are on track to become the 2007 NRL Premiers. AND a Cowboys v Broncos Grand Final is on the cards. Yes I'm dreaming but dreams can come true

Tigers lost tonight against the knights which means The Broncos and Rabbitohs are in the finals. 16 straight years for the Broncs. Not that it matters because the mighty Cowboys downed the Bulldogs tonight and are on track to become the 2007 NRL Premiers. AND a Cowboys v Broncos Grand Final is on the cards. Yes I'm dreaming but dreams can come true
are you high

if u really think the cows are going to do something in this years comp ure trippin

Mason was right they are a two man team

Leading 38-10 with 20 mins to go and Thurston comes off and what happens they hang on for a 6 point win. Thats disgraceful their not in the same ball park as manly or the storm.

are you high
if u really think the cows are going to do something in this years comp ure trippin
Mason was right they are a two man team
Leading 38-10 with 20 mins to go and Thurston comes off and what happens they hang on for a 6 point win. Thats disgraceful their not in the same ball park as manly or the storm.

I wouldn't put Manly in the same ball park as the Storm. Manly would want to win this week or it will be 4 losses in a row. Not good form leading into the Finals.

The Broncos are in the 8, you little beauty. We have rung allan langer and is keen to put on the boots one more time. We also have rung gary Belcher and Steve Renouf and shane webke, all are keen to play in the semis, watch out Manly here comes the Broncos,

But than I woke up and were just going to make the numbers.

Cowboys will not win, because they can't tackle. Defense win premierships and there the worst of the NRL, good luck

It'll only be three in a row Steve .. but you're right, it's not a good way to go into the finals, even if they did rest some players last week.

The broncos will play either the Storm if they lose this week, or probably the Warriors in NZ.

Manly will have either the Rabbits or the Bulldogs. (as far as i can work out on the ladder predictor).

Say what you want about their defense. It's no secrete they are the one of the worst defensive teams in the comp but they've won 5 in a row. Who cares how many points they let in, because they'll score more points then they give up. 2 man band you say? Carl Webb is in line for a place in the Australian side, Aaron Payne is back to his best, Ash Graham has scored 17 tries in 19 games, Ty Williams is scoring a try a game sinse he's been back. Lilyman is an Origin rep and he's back in the team. Even if Thurston stayed on the field they still would have given up those points and Thursto ain't no great defender. Fact is they scored more and the Cowboys are the only team in the comp that can win the comp with their attacking skills and not their defense.

COWBOYS 2007 NRL PREMIERS

Back
Top Bottom