The 2007 NRL Telstra Premiership Thread

Wrong
Looks who's got egg on there face now:D :D :D
The only place Manly are heading are down, down, down, the ladder

Mate ... we were second last week, we are still second this week, and no matter what happens, we will be second next week.

How can that be 'moving down the ladder'?

What is wrong with manly, i must ask.
they have been doing real well all year now they are starting to do a cowboys trick and starting to loose
OI last time i checked the Cowboys won their last game and will finish second at the end of the home and away season because, like I said before, Manly to lose every game for the rest of the year!!.....im just messin'!!

For the record, in season 2007 the North Queensland Cowboys have defeated BOTH the Broncos and Manly.

COWBOYS 2007 NRL PREMIERS

And yet the first 2 seasons without Wally, Brisbane win back to back premierships.
Go figure...........:eek:

Strange world, Pete

Wasn't 91 when Lazurus joined the Broncos?

Even though Brisbane had Greg Dowling and Brian Neilbling on the books, they lacked "go forward" untill Lazurus arrived from Canberra.

Lazarus arrived for the 92 season.
thats right
Lazo the arrogant son of a
played in 5 GFs in a row
1991 with the raiders
1993 with the drongos

I also think hes the first player to win 3 comps with 3 different clubs.

Also the only player to be apart of 3 madien premierships with 3 clubs.

Maybe cronulla should have signed him ;)

thats right
Lazo the arrogant son of a
played in 5 GFs in a row
1991 with the raiders
1993 with the drongos
I also think hes the first player to win 3 comps with 3 different clubs.
Also the only player to be apart of 3 madien premierships with 3 clubs.
Maybe cronulla should have signed him ;)
I agree with the Cronulla part. I'll write them down to win their maiden premiership buy 2020. Won't be this year though because it's the year of the COWBOYS. Oh and if anybody dosen't know the best player in the whole world, as described by big willie, Matty Bowen is in the Queensland team for the third origin. Just hope he makes the 17 to play.

Another weekend of footy once again providing great entertainment. Friday nights first game saw a classic between the Broncos and Titans. The Titans looked to have the game wrapped up before a late Broncos try in the 78th minute took the game into Golden-Point extra time in which Lockyer slotted a 40m field goal to seal it for the Broncos 19-18. Fridays second game saw the West Tigers come-from-behind win against Penrith. I watched this game and it was pretty entertaining. If Penrith showed up to a game and played the full 80, they'd win more games then they lose in my opinion. Melbourne beat souths with a late try to win 12-8 in a game Souths should have won. Manly flogged easybeats the Roosters 56-0 but the way the Roosters played I think any team would have beaten them 56-0. The Cowboys hung on to beat the Warriors 18-12. The Dragons belted the Raiders 58-16. I hate to say but the Raiders season is really starting to go backwards in a big way but I reckon they'll bounce back. The Dogs beat the Sharks 14-12 and tonights game saw the Knights beat the Eels who played like a bunch of girls!!

Everyone tune in this Friday night to what I believe will be the Grand Final preview, Brisbane Broncos v North Queensland Cowboys

Everyone tune in this Friday night to what I believe will be the Grand Final preview, Brisbane Broncos v North Queensland Cowboys

Adam .. you probably believe that the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus live next door to you too ...

It'll be Melbourne and one of 4 other teams ... and Melbourne will win it.

Adam .. you probably believe that the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus live next door to you too ...
It'll be Melbourne and one of 4 other teams ... and Melbourne will win it.
Thats because they do live next to me. Whoops I've said too much. Seriously everyone knows the best team hardly ever wins the premiership. Melbourne were miles ahead of every other team last year and they lost.

I want to ask ther bowers a question inreguards to the charge down rule.

Coaches are saying the kicker needs more protection, how hard is t for a player to block players running at the kicker. I mean u hafge polayers runnnig for the kick, y not have a blocker, I mean he can not take the charge down guy out but just make it hardewr to get at the kicker, players are getting injuried as they are being hit late and most referries down want to do anything about it, Kilmorlley and prince both have been hurt, from late charges, something had to be be done.

I admint price is the best charge dowen player going but how long before a player gets hurt and never playes again?

pfft if the kickers want protection than stand further back to kick the ball. Everyone watch what Sherwin (bulldogs halfback) when its the last. He positions himself well back to protect himself, his kick from being charged down and he has more time to kick. The others need to follow his lead or stop complaining. When I played footy I played at five-eighth and almost everytime I kicked the ball I got smashed. I didn't complain because its just part of the game

I cant believe I agree with you on this Adam.

Have a look at the field goal of Lockyers on Friday Night ... he had 3 'blockers' (The two guys at the play the ball and Civenoceva runs to an 'offside' position).. The Titans weren't given a fair chance of a charge-down.

Lockyer ruled out for the season

Saturday, July 14, 2007 - 9:40 PM

Brisbane have suffered a devastating blow to their NRL premiership defence with skipper Darren Lockyer ruled out for the rest of the season with a knee injury.

Scans confirmed the champion five-eighth ruptured his anterior cruciate ligament in the Broncos' 24-16 win over North Queensland on Friday night and will require a knee reconstruction.

He is likely to have the operation in about a week and will require a six- to nine-month rehabilitation period, which should allow him back in time to start the 2008 NRL season.

Lockyer said he was disappointed at the outcome, the first serious knee injury in the 30-year-old's career.

"I am disappointed but I can't do anything about it," said Lockyer.

"Sometimes things like this happen. I have seen a lot of my mates have to go through things like this.

"It is going to be a whole new challenge for me, but what is done is done.

"Personally I have moved on and am thinking about being back playing for the Broncos in 2008." The injury is a potentially crippling blow to the Broncos in their bid for back-to-back premierships.

Brisbane had only just kickstarted their 2007 campaign after an inconsistent start to the season.

Two months ago, the Broncos were tied for last on the ladder but, after five straight wins, are now knocking on the door of the top four.

Their pivot had been at his scheming best in the first-half ambush of the Cowboys on Friday night.

He laid on one try with a deft pass to a flying Dane Carlaw, then busted through the home side's defence to put Karmichael Hunt under the posts.

There was confusion as to exactly how Lockyer suffered the injury in the second half.

He first went to ground with no one around him in the 67th minute, before coming off the field after again slumping to the turf five minutes from fulltime.

Back
Top Bottom