Standing sheets to players

kitkat23

5-7 Queen Of Griffith
Recently been informed by management that it is against the rules for league players to recieve a copy of their league standing sheets. Had a quick look in the TBA rule book online and found no such ruling.
I am aware that as Association Secretary, I am required to keep a copy of the standing sheets etc for a period of 12 months after the league has finished bowling, etc, but for a player who collects their standing sheets for their own use (i.e to see their average go up, how well they do week to week) surely this is acceptable as well.
Whats the correct view on this

Management has overstepped their authority in this instance. if you ask for a standings sheet and are denied one, then you should make a written complaint to your local association secretary AND to the TBA as well as your centre manager/owner...

Yep, great idea Wayne. Blow it out of all proportion.

If someone wants to copy the standing sheet then they can. Lets face it, how hard would it be to enforce anyway? Who would stop them just writing it down.

I say as association secretary you should approach management and explain the situation. Unless they are complete "mongrels" about it there shouldn't be an issue.

sadly we arent AMF,we are a private company. to put it politely, we have been open for 2 and a half years and do not have a website. we are linked to the local cinema (both companies operate as a joint thing) the cinema has a website with a link to the bowling website, but it has been under construction for all this time. I has to create my own website for the players.

I had the same issue years ago. So I waited till the secretary of the league left and got a printout from one of the bowl's staff :p

as well as the association secretary im also the league coordinator at the centre. and from both a bowler & a staff members point of view there is nothing wrong with giving the bowler what they want if it is within reason. none of the staff here are bowlers (apart from myself & our tech) none of management are bowlers so in my view they are just creating rules that are in their best interests and not in the best interests of the people who pay their wage each & every week

they can not stop you from looking at the standing sheet each week as it is not in the tba rules the only time this can happen is if the league you bowl in has a league constitusion that the bowlers in the league abide by for instance if you have a rule in your league constitusion that says no one in the league can go out for a smoke while bowling league and you all agree to it then it would stand as a league rule in which the league it self has voted for so unless you as a whole league has voted that you can not see a standing sheet then the centre it self cant stop you from looking at it.

Sounds like Management have invented an excuse not to keep replacing missing standing sheets. Its not unusual for bowlers to take down the standing sheets and keep them for their personal use.

Management think they're saving money by doing this when all they're doing is showing how petty they are. False economy because the bowlers will get sick of it & just quit bowling. Should just help themselves from league board.

In our fantastic AMF centre ALL standing sheets have been taken down, 12 months ago, and we never see one unless you ask for one at the counter.
Personally i think that is a joke for all the 40 years i have bowled you could walk into
any centre and read any standing sheet you wanted too.
They were replaced every week by the secretary
Oh yes thats right AMF don't want the seretary to do that AMF want control
because it is their league not the bowlers league anymore

sadly we arent AMF,we are a private company. to put it politely, we have been open for 2 and a half years and do not have a website. we are linked to the local cinema (both companies operate as a joint thing) the cinema has a website with a link to the bowling website, but it has been under construction for all this time. I has to create my own website for the players.
i know a few independent centres in sydney that have online standing sheets for their leagues also.

some leagues will try hard not to give out standing sheets for the last few weeks of a league, especially if its close (or change the sort format of the standings so its much harder to work out.

Enf...

And the leauge has to do a vote before they can do that, but they dont tell you these things usually

In our fantastic AMF centre ALL standing sheets have been taken down, 12 months ago, and we never see one unless you ask for one at the counter.
Personally i think that is a joke for all the 40 years i have bowled you could walk into
any centre and read any standing sheet you wanted too.
They were replaced every week by the secretary
Oh yes thats right AMF don't want the seretary to do that AMF want control
because it is their league not the bowlers league anymore

A friend told me that a local manager decided not to publish a league's results from his centre on the web site if his staff weren't doing the secretarial role. Pretty strange behaviour. I wanted to see how a mate of mine was faring and saw that the 32 lane centre only has 14 leagues listed with about 280 bowlers against a 24 lane house 20 minutes away with 16 leagues/580 league bowlers. I was shocked. Then my mate told me what was going on. Some sort of payback apparently. Bizarre...

Our league secretary Emails the weekly standing sheet to all bowlers who want one. That way they can print out their own if they want and has helped her by being able to clear up any discrepancies before the next week and she can concentrate on her own game rather than sorting out queries while trying to bowl. Win / win for everyone.

we had a similar situation but in the reverse, we didnt want the bowl handling our paperwork as it was never done correctly, so we got further advice on the matter and you are quite within yr rights not to deal with the bowl as far as paperwork goes and to give individual bowlers a copy of the standing sheet even emailing to who ever wishes to receive it.

The majority of centres no longer put up standing sheets each week because they are too lazy.
In the past The secretary of each league used to do the standing sheet and put them on the board before play the next week, every week.
Not only that everybody walked up to the standing sheet and checked it out.

Look it is clear that they said that to save having to print out the sheets.

I would go with Wayne's idea of taking it through official channels. If they want to maintain their lane accreditation and keep serious league bowlers they will soon wake up to themselves now won't they.

As they say money talks and bull**** walks.

Back
Top Bottom