Is this legal without a player meeting?

My daughter has just become a league secretary for the first time and is using bowl 101 for her scores. On a couple of occasions already this year there have been slight differences and she has been able to fix quickly. Once her scores match those at the bowl the score sheet is Emailed to all bowlers who want it. Many dont but it does enable bowlers to check their standings before the next week and to know where they are at all times.

I do know some leagues withhold posting standing sheets for the last couple of weeks but it is in their league constitution. The league executive includes all officers of the league AND THE TEAM CAPTAINS (See TBA Rule 311) so if the constitution needs to be changed it must be passed by the Team Captains as well. If not in the rules you cant do it.

Some Leagues do not display Standing Sheet in the last 3-4 weeks of league this is to keep the surprise of winning and not knowing whether you have been beaten. I personally think that you should not judge people for their actions. Did the person know that you were allowed to receive the Standing sheet or not that is the question to be asked.

All good in the end. The very nice manager at Greenslopes resolved this for me.

We are allowed to have the scoresheets in my league and apparently have always been allowed to. As it turns out, i gained 12 extra points from the 2 missing games which has secured my spot on the table with 1 week left :)

Thankx Greenslopes

In my years of bowling, some leagues secretaries do hold the results of the last 3-4 weeks of league standing. So that no league players know the results of who won until their Trophy presentation. As a league bowler I agree that this should be upheld as I myself do not want to know where I have come during the last few weeks. And besides that you can roughly work out where you are by how well you bowl. So what's the big issue.

As a league bowler I agree that this should be upheld as I myself do not want to know where I have come during the last few weeks.

Should the issue not be 'what is in the best interests of all' rather than what one particular person wants??

If you do not want to know where you are coming in the league, you have the choice not to go to where the league standing sheets are and not looking at them. Should not the people who wish to see them have the courtesy to be able to view them if they do so want?

There is no reason to withhold standing sheets. Information is power, and should be disseminated as/when requested (within the boundaries set in the constitution, with consultation and consensus of all necessary stakeholders, who are required, to form such constitution). As it looks like it now has.

This is just democratic process after all.

Just my $0.05.

...you have the choice not to go to where the league standing sheets are and not looking at them....
I agree, its like people complaining about TV shows, you have the ability to change the channel.

In my situation, seeing the score sheets meant i could see that two games had not been entered by the system, it had cost me 12 points and at the end of the season could have costed a position and potentially cash.

Back
Top Bottom