Sportsmanship - what would you do?

Just like evryone else l would shake their hand. Was brought up to be polite and take it on the chin. Hand out and thanks. If l was playing a team event and threw it wrong a few times, got a ugly carry or just was having a bad game but carrying l would say sorry, and hand up when low fiving because l know l'm throwing it wrong. I was in that same situation last yr, my opponent would be going brooky and through the nose at least half the day l lost 2 out of 3 games but l was like damn that sux but oh well, still low fives and shook his hand. I couldn't beat him. Take the good with the bad.

I got beat by 200 over 4 games tonight, my opponent couldnt miss, light mixes, kicked 4 pins the 2 pin was the last to fall twice. I left more single pins than i care to think about. Had to laugh couldnt do much else.

Still shook hands at the end and we come back next week.

Had a similar experience one night at Tuggeranong. Dean Crampton served me my butt on a plate. He had 3 boards to hit at the breakpoint. Trouble was, each of them had an arrow on it! Pretty hard to do anything but smile when you get a guy who can play with that much room! It happens. :)

As for comments about people being unsporting and not high-fiving, well, I must be the worst sport in the world! I hate the high-5 beyond the occasional exceptional shot and will not be shamed into conformity. Had a whole other thread on that topic. (Keep out of my personal space, serial high-fivers! If you're on my team, I expect you to make your single pins!) Because everyone knows how seriously I take league.:) I must join one again one day... It's been a few years...

Had a similar experience one night at Tuggeranong. Dean Crampton served me my butt on a plate. He had 3 boards to hit at the breakpoint. Trouble was, each of them had an arrow on it! Pretty hard to do anything but smile when you get a guy who can play with that much room! It happens. :)

As for comments about people being unsporting and not high-fiving, well, I must be the worst sport in the world! I hate the high-5 beyond the occasional exceptional shot and will not be shamed into conformity. Had a whole other thread on that topic. (Keep out of my personal space, serial high-fivers! If you're on my team, I expect you to make your single pins!) Because everyone knows how seriously I take league.:) I must join one again one day... It's been a few years...

Couldn't agree more on that. I hate the high five. My old coach made me practice sparing 10 pins for hours on end, which I still do every now and then. I don't need a high five because I spared it. I've trained hard that it should just be second nature. So I'll join you in the bad sport corner Dousty

We have it good in Australia and maybe TOO GOOD when people start questioning whether one should shake an opponents hand when they were defeated by fluky shots.
Harden Up!

Back
Top Bottom