Someone beat this American please!

Oh cool. Cheers Dan. Hadn't had a proper look at the record.
But I find it weird they counted it that way as bowling is scored on pinfall. But still work a shot I think.

Who on this crazy planet would have counted all the way up to 27,499 pins.... it's not as if the computer thingo could tell them how many pins they actually knocked down especially if they were re-racking

I did 24hr 6 man teams Guinness book of records marathons twice and beat the record both times, In Goulburn in the 80's
I think we bowled 107 x 5 man team games

So this guy bowled
Lane 1 – Strike 1
Lane 2 – Strike 2
Lane 3 – Strike 3
Lane 4 – Strike 4
Lane 5 – miss
Lane 6 – miss
Lane 7 – Strike 5
Lane 8 – Strike 6
Lane 9 – miss
Lane 10 – Strike 7
Lane 11 – Strike 8
Lane 12 – miss
Lane 13 – miss
Lane 14 – Strike 9
Lane 15 – miss

So we know you can get 15 shots off in the allotted time. What we’re looking for is for someone to get 10 out of 15. That seems pretty achievable.

Maybe TBA ‘sponsored’ events in each state with this and other records available to be broken. We need to promote the sport, what a perfect opportunity.

I know 20/20 in some eyes have taken away the true spirit of cricket

But at the same time it has brought so many more people to love n understand the game.
So really bowling can benefit from the same sort of thing. We all know the average punter likes to see strikes just as much they want to see big sixes so in a way the both are very similar IMO

That can be taken in 2 ways.

In your opinion what has it done for cricket ?

Cricket was dying - Enter One Day Cricket - Cricket gets bigger
Cricket getting stale - Enter 20/20 - Cricket getting bigger
And true cricket, the tests, still survive.

Bowling is dying - Enter ?? (I don't know what those ?? represent but we need something)

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I'm not going to deny you yours but to me 20/20 is nothing but a circus. A slog fest for 3 hours with hardly any technique required. You can put me in the bucket of purists when it comes to cricket and I do wonder what the sport of cricket will be like ( or the standard of players) in 20 years given the rise of the 20/20 format.

Anyway it's a bowling forum... Good luck to anyone who has a crack at the record.

So this guy bowled
Lane 1 – Strike 1
Lane 2 – Strike 2
Lane 3 – Strike 3
Lane 4 – Strike 4
Lane 5 – miss
Lane 6 – miss
Lane 7 – Strike 5
Lane 8 – Strike 6
Lane 9 – miss
Lane 10 – Strike 7
Lane 11 – Strike 8
Lane 12 – miss
Lane 13 – miss
Lane 14 – Strike 9
Lane 15 – miss

So we know you can get 15 shots off in the allotted time. What we’re looking for is for someone to get 10 out of 15. That seems pretty achievable.

Maybe TBA ‘sponsored’ events in each state with this and other records available to be broken. We need to promote the sport, what a perfect opportunity.

So I'm tipping this guy used 15 different balls or had a team of runners taking a ball from 1 pair to the next, depending on how fast the ball returns are I'm thinking he would be up to about the fourth pair before the first ball came back

Back
Top Bottom