Someone beat this American please!

GeorgeF

Hypercell = Hyperhook!
Surely we can do it

Floridian sets Bowling World Record for most strikes thrown in a minute

12/16/12
United States

20121210ChadMcLean9Strikesinaminute.jpg
Chad McLean is what you might call an overachiever, the Huffington Post reported. The Florida native has just broken the Guinness World Record for most strikes thrown in one minute, bowling nine strikes in that time frame at the AMF Alley Katz bowling alley in Gainesville, Fla., on Monday, Dec. 10.

The previous record was set in 2011 by Colin Champion, who threw eight in 60 seconds, the Tampa Bay Times reported at the time.

Remarkably, this is McLean's second bowling achievement to earn him a spot in Guinness. Last year, he and partner Gene Dalusio broke the record for the highest pinfall in tenpin bowling in 24 hours by a pair, knocking down 27,499 pins in a day.

Full article

I will personally donate a Storm shirt and towel to the person who can beat it! Come you youth and junior bowlers, give it a crack!

Need to bowl at least 70 games each to beat that doubles record... Need a few re-oils too or else it'd be plastic balls from game 20 on!

Hahaha thats easy my brother and i did over 30k pin fall wen we bowled for 24 hours

The strikes would be easy too i rackon...

You would need to use at least two ( maybe three ) lanes, and at least three balls.

Just looked at the video. Makes my 3 lanes look a bit conservative - or does it? As long as a machine is always ready for a first ball, that's enough?

Quite do-able. Wouldn't mind giving it a shot :)
As for the doubles, hopefully still have the paperwork at home with our pinfall after 24hrs
77 games were bowled. Will check tonight.
We did hit 10,000 each in less then 12hrs

Nb: we did it for charity and raised $29,900+

I think you will find beating 9 is VERY difficult.

Think of the distance required to be travelled between not only the ball return and the foul line but from the foul line to the next ball return.

To beat it (10 strikes) would require you to let go of a ball every 6 seconds. This is obviously reduced if you miss 1 strike.

Good luck to anyone trying it.

I think you will find beating 9 is VERY difficult.

Think of the distance required to be travelled between not only the ball return and the foul line but from the foul line to the next ball return.

To beat it (10 strikes) would require you to let go of a ball every 6 seconds. This is obviously reduced if you miss 1 strike.

Good luck to anyone trying it.

Def not easy by no means. A lot of things need to go your way to get 10
With the amount of speed required some luck is needed for sure

Have to know when timed. Start and Finish. Most likely from first approach movement to 10th strike ( no slow wobblies on the 10th.)--- Or " Go " command to last strike? Wonder could anyone turn it into an event, with media and publicity and sponsorship? Say, use all the lanes in a Centre, with a number of entries, with, say, another bowler starting when the one in front of him ( her ) bowled their 4th ball. Lynne ( Clay ) - anyone - what do you think ???

Have to know when timed. Start and Finish. Most likely from first approach movement to 10th strike ( no slow wobblies on the 10th.)--- Or " Go " command to last strike? Wonder could anyone turn it into an event, with media and publicity and sponsorship? Say, use all the lanes in a Centre, with a number of entries, with, say, another bowler starting when the one in front of him ( her ) bowled their 4th ball. Lynne ( Clay ) - anyone - what do you think ???

Mmmmmmm Good thinking.. I will be trying it tonight or tomorrow night...

Quite do-able. Wouldn't mind giving it a shot :)
As for the doubles, hopefully still have the paperwork at home with our pinfall after 24hrs
77 games were bowled. Will check tonight.
We did hit 10,000 each in less then 12hrs

Nb: we did it for charity and raised $29,900+
I did a 24 hr doubles thingo once. Also a charity event. Can't remember what in aid of, or pinfall, as it was in 1963 at Southern Cross Bowl in Melbourne. can remember the fatigue and the aching feet, though.

By the video the time started wen he released the ball. But i cant see where the time stoped tho

I did a 24 hr doubles thingo once. Also a charity event. Can't remember what in aid of, or pinfall, as it was in 1963 at Southern Cross Bowl in Melbourne. can remember the fatigue and the aching feet, though.

Oh yeah the fatigue memory is still very fresh
Would love to do it again though. Maybe in a cooler month instead of November like last year

Back
Top Bottom