SENIORS TEAMS FOR JAPAN

I would like to wish my dad Chris Benson the best of luck in Japan, i know he is looking forward to it. And mum going as the support leaves me to have fun all on my own.
I know my dad will do good, if anyone can adapt to conditions its him, he is a great coach to myself and others and anyone who truely knows him respects him enormously as i do. He is 1 person who does not give up.
Once again good luck dad.
Love your one and only child.
P.S - Good luck to the other seniors and the others that i actually know, Janette, Lawrie kick ass.

Congratulations to everyone who will be going to Japan, especially PHIL SACHS!!! Well done mate.

Congratulations to all who made the Seniors Teams to go to Japan. I would also like to make a special Congratulations to Chris Kirwin.

Bruce ( Pop ) and Ruth
( Matthew's and Bobbie's Grandparents )

On behalf of Alan McKay and myself, I would like to say that we were shocked but absolutely thrilled to be selected to represent Australia in Japan. Alan and I have only been bowling a short time (in our 5th year) compared to some of the others and this is why it is such a thrill to be selected to bowl with these great bowlers. Alan and I love travelling interstate to bowl in the TBA tournaments where everyone is friendly and supportive. We have made some great friends through ten pin bowling and I have met my idol - Jeanette Baker - who as we all know is one of the greatest bowlers - male or female - to represent Australia. Fancy little ol me being in the same group travelling with her to Japan? Jeanette is one of the true legends of the game who is one of the most supportive people I know. Also, I am absolutely thrilled to be bowling in the same team as one of the great legends of the sport in Barb Richmond - another supportive and great team person. I would also like to thank the people who have congratulated us with kind words - Kellie, Bron Matthews, Feral, Tony Long and Chilly and other team players - Susanne Jack, Brenda Kirkwood etc. To everyone else who has been selected, congratulations and well done - it isn't always easy to bowl well on some conditions that we bowl on in other states - especially for people like me who don't really fully understand the full concepts of bowling but I am willing to learn and I will always try to do my best. Again both Alan and I thank the selectors and we will endeavour to do our best.

Ann Kirby

Back
Top Bottom