Scoring highlights in the finals at the AO

GeorgeF

Hypercell = Hyperhook!
Can't see I've ever seen this in any National event in Australia

Top 5 games in each round of matchplay, feel free to comment. I would like to see Sam Cooleys average thrown at him, poor kid got belted with some high games including a 300 to 280 lose against Brandon.

Round 1

Round 2

Round 3

Round 4

247 (L)
246 (L)

Round 5

256 (L)

Round 6

218 (L)

Round 7 (my favourite)

280 (L)

Round 8

234 (L)

Round 9

244 (L)

Considering that is half the field, crazy scores with 9th averaging 228. 9 perfectos at a National event, has there been any higher?

Let's hope the next event is a bit tougher

Well said George.

In a carry contest, its a sure bet scores will be close.

But wouldn't you learn more from a grind-out? Sure it's not pretty spectating, but wouldn't fighting for EVERY pin on a tougher condition ensure your shot execution and mental game plays a more dominant part of scoring well?

Just my thoughts...

You belted Sam with a 266.
Fancy leaving a 6-8 in the tenth with the front 9. :p

I can't believe Sam bowls with earphones in.

It was good bowling all weekend by everyone.

The better and more consistent players finished higher.

Irrespective of conditions, it is the individual who still has to put the ball on the lane.

Yes, the pattern made for some high scoring, but some people held their nerve more than others.

Bigsy...

Irrespective of conditions, it is the individual who still has to put the ball on the lane.

Yes, the pattern made for some high scoring, but some people held their nerve more than others.Bigsy...

My rnd 5 game of 256 against Mick was strike for strike after both of us opened a frame early. Coming into the tenth frame l maintained a 3 pin lead and punched the first, as did Mick. Mick got the second (in the Tenth) and l went pocket 7-10 split! My nerve didn't fail, and Mick's previous game of 170 and post game of 190 were full of corner pins. Some good shots just didn't carry, some did. I would say nerves if shots weren't hitting the pocket, but most of us were. Frustration, that was high.
The 6-8 that George left was a touch high, it was a high scoring pattern but we all still went high if you got it slow or inside target. My point is, everyone called it a ditch, not everyone shot 300. From what l heard all the 300's were genuinely full of good shots.

I saw quite a few splits that didn't deserve to be there. I am not saying that they were crap balls, nor am I saying that people that threw crap balls and got strikes didn't deserve them.

I know the lanes weren't ditched. There were quite a few shots that were wide of the mark and resulted in washouts.

I understand what you're saying about frustration though.

Bigsy...

Yes, the pattern made for some high scoring, but some people held their nerve more than others.

Bigsy...

yeah, and i shot 243 to george's 266...i knew it was going to be a hard game to win right from the start, and when i missed strikes twice in that game i knew i was done.

oh and by the way, i wasn't bowling with headphones in over the 3 days, only during the last day....you said you can't believe it, you saw it, others saw it.

i don't see why everyone thinks it's a hard thing to do..i know that scott robbo was doing it, and some other bowlers.

yeah, and i shot 243 to george's 266...i knew it was going to be a hard game to win right from the start, and when i missed strikes twice in that game i knew i was done.

I can only dream of shooting scores like that.

My highest is a 253 and my average is only 180ish

I have nothing but respect for all of you elite Australian bowlers who support the sport no end.

I don't think I've shot over 600 for at least 6 months now.

Oh well there's always next week.

Once again, thank you to everyone for an enjoyable weekend of bowling. It was a pleasure to watch.

Bigsy...

Hey George, was this supposed to be directed as an insult, I don't find it very sportsmen like if so?

Although I'm not George, from his original post I don't think he was being insulting. Think he was just saying that you were the unlucky one who seemed to have all the high games bowled against. Like your 280 game which was topped by Brando's 300. Which I would like to say from a spectators point of veiw was the games of the day...

that's true, I first read it and immediately thought of it as insulting, espcially the part about having my average shot against me

It wasnt an insult, I was merely commenting that you got belted with some high scores during the course of the day. It happens to everyone, the finals just happen to be your unlucky day. You bowled great to be there, good to see some youth bowlers having a crack.

If you want to be the best, you have have to beat the best, keep participating and it wont be long before we see you on an adult podium. Nice bowling

It wasnt an insult, I was merely commenting that you got belted with some high scores during the course of the day. It happens to everyone, the finals just happen to be your unlucky day. You bowled great to be there, good to see some youth bowlers having a crack.

If you want to be the best, you have have to beat the best, keep participating and it wont be long before we see you on an adult podium. Nice bowling

ok, thank you for clearing that up george, got a little carried away by my thoughts.

I agree the finals were terrible for me, well after game 2 anyway.

and yes I agree with having to beat the best, heard that many times :)

Im unsure how George's comment could be taken as an insult in any way.

I would like to see Sam Cooleys average thrown at him, poor kid got belted with some high games including a 300 to 280 lose against Brandon.

Seems that someone is always the flogging horse in matchplay and manages to get all the high games thrown at them.

Back
Top Bottom