Scores at Nats.

Looks like the scoring has picked up a little...

Any particular reasons for this? Or is it just the fact of better bowlers?

I'm seriously and genuinely surprised,.... George is out. Also my pick to win it, Jason Walsh, didn't even get a start. Flabbergasted!! that's the word I was looking for..

Don't think we should drop pinfall in such an important Tournament.

Cut it to top 32 then go for it.

Double elimination masters format.

to Average 221 and miss out on the Final 16 doesn't seem fair to me..(Glenn Loader).

theres a cut off point in any tournament...and everyone knows what it is before a single ball has been bowled
if you are below that point ....its called bad luck,thanks for trying... whether youve shot a 220 ave or a 150 ave

Looking at the people and scores ( Men and Women ) through qualifing and the rounds so far in the Masters, it is very obvious that bowling is unique among any comparable sport / activity involving individual as opposed to team activity.

Can you imagine a single figure or scratch golfer posting rounds of 120 / 66 / 135, for instance? A ranked in the top 100 tennis player, losing a set, or two sets out of three, to a B grade club player?
These sorts of stark contrasts are abundant throughout the qualifing and rounds 1, 2, and 3 so far.

Imagine it with whatever you like, from darts to any individual skilled activity you can think of. I don't think you will find anything comparable.

WHY IS IT SO?

Thats a tad bold. There are many reasons why the condition can change, many of which are not our decision.

Tell me, how was the weather through the last 2 weeks? Uh huh...

From wash to wash I think the condition has stayed pretty similar

In the last few days more people have played 15 than during the
previous 2 weeks but that is mostly bowlers who can ! Not due
to the conditions being vastly different

I think they have done a good job throughout the whole event

I'm seriously and genuinely surprised,.... George is out. Also my pick to win it, Jason Walsh, didn't even get a start. Flabbergasted!! that's the word I was looking for..

I am seriously surprised that not many people have been
on here giving him a bagging for being so over confident
then not making the second round, you would think that with
78 bolwing balls at his disposal something would have worked

I watched him bowl, he did not have one of his better days
and that happens to us all

I am seriously surprised that not many people have been
on here giving him a bagging for being so over confident
then not making the second round, you would think that with
78 bolwing balls at his disposal something would have worked

I watched him bowl, he did not have one of his better days
and that happens to us all

Trouble is, with that many balls, you'd use up 5 or 6 games just giving each one one trial roll down the lanes. Don't knock confidence, though. It will always deliver more wins than losses.

George had a lousy look. I actually felt sorry for him, as he had nothing.

Personally, I thought he played them too far outside. But as I'd cop a flaming on this forum for having a few shots left-handed to see while competing in the Masters, it's an opinion formed from observation. (It really wouldn't have affected my outcome, but would have satisfied my curiosity!)

Emily Robertson seemed to have a pretty good look inside 10. Her top speed is much slower than George's bottom speed though and there's only so much adjustment you can make.

As for the ups and downs, I'd personally like to thank all those thoughtful guys who used 180 grit surfaces (on a 39ft pattern!) and turned it into crap for the rest of us. Unfortunately, you can't replace your divets in bowling...

As a bowler you can only try your best on the lane conditions given to you. I bowled very well, not my absolute best but very good on my scale. I usually have the ability to make something out of nothing, this was not one of those weeks. Considering there were 4 lefties in the top 80 finalists should paint an accurate picture, it was challenging to say the least....

Congrats on Sam for winning, got the job done.... it won't be the last time he wins in this country, really surprised a lot of people including myself. Nice work.... oh he used Storm and Roto too!

I hope it's on next year

Haha, I think 4 out of 80 is about the right ratio for total of bowlers who attended the nationals events and qualifying ;)

For once the right had the advantage to break down the lanes and it didnt work against us for a change. Then again we didnt have to worry about 15 game marathons where the right it that trashed up by the end it is almost unplayable ;)

It did appear lower scoring on the left overall, but the right certainly struggled on the fresh before transition as well, so as I said for once our numbers were our advantage.

And George is right, the winner and in part both finalists used Roto Grip and Storm gear. :)

lol, TBH, the pro ladies could have been using house balls for all intensive purposes, these ladies play for big bucks as part of their livelihood and come through in the crunch when it matters, its what they are trained to do.

Mick, I agree 4 out of 80 seems like about the right ratio of left handed entries to finalist. :)

Oh and for the record two of the top three guys in Rachuig also used Storm, anyone see a pattern forming?

Well , unfortuneatley I couldn't stay to the end and watch the bowling, but I as a left hander didn't mind the condition, but was lucky enough to win the TBA Seniors Cup, but we are just oldies having a bit of fun.
I averaged 220 in matchplay (only 7 games) , 208 average for my previous 8 games, so you can image I was pretty happy with that, shooting aroung 7 board. Not being a real left hander (just ask george) I was too using STORM , yes you guessed it, Virtual Gravity, only beacause my new ball didn't arrive in time to use it there. Well maybe lucky it didn't arrive, might not have done as well.
Overall I thought the conditions were quite good, would have been goo to watch the "better" bowlers bowl the masters but maybe next time, when the nationals come to Adelaide, which probably will be never the way they do things (bring back the rotation system).....

cheers

Tony

Back
Top Bottom