Low Scores at Keon Park.

dockers

After the low scores at the Senior Australian this weekend I hope the condition will be better at the Vic 150 and Australian Open Easter Weekend otherwise bowlers are wasting their time and Money. Dockers

But were the low scores consistent across the competition?

You peeps have some very nice centers in Victoria
Why do you constantly put tournaments on in places that really should be pulled down

Keon Park is a good reason why hardly any events are held in AMF centres. The lane panels are completely shot in that house, nothing that can be done with the lane condition to help, apart from just setting a high scoring 8:1 or greater pattern. I think it has to do with its location, being in an industrial area and close to a lot of suburban development over the past 20 years has led to a lot of contamination in the air. Once that dust/dirt/grit gets onto the lanes it just eats away the texture coat on the lanes. Once the texture coat is gone, the oil has nothing to hold on to and moves around a lot, as well as the bowling balls being able to push it out of the way causing the front part of the lane to appear dry, despite it having a large amount of oil on it. Lane topography has a massive effect on scores and Keon Park just has funky topography. The best place to play on a surface like that is where there has been the lease amount of ball traffic over the years, so generally either way inside or right out on the gutter. TBH, I've only even seen it play well there when the shot was on the gutter.

Back
Top Bottom