SANDBAGGERS

what can or should be down

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had an idea to try and maybe reassess bowlers. Like Ice said, we should be able to investigate massive improvements from a entering avg and a tournament/qualifying avg. I also believe that it should be based on the last 3 years of results and not just one league. Another factor that has to be brought into account is the lane conditions. For example if someone bowls in one league and the oil pattern is a sport pattern, their avg will almost certainly improve if they are gonna try out on an easier pattern. In this instance, averages should be reassessed if the pattern is a hard one to bowl on, tack on an extra 10 or 20 pins or maybe more depending on the conditions. I just think that people are turning a blind eye to this and not trying hard enough and not investigating enough.

At the end of the day these people are cheats as i stated before they know when a roll off is comming up they know when a league is starting we see it at just about all levels all over the country in all centres and those of you who do get away with it you really are only fooling your selves no one else DAMM CHEATS!!!!!!!

At the end of the day these people are cheats as i stated before they know when a roll off is comming up they know when a league is starting we see it at just about all levels all over the country in all centres and those of you who do get away with it you really are only fooling your selves no one else DAMM CHEATS!!!!!!!

The league I am in is finishing up in a couple of weeks. I started with a 165 ave (after returning from a 20+ year vacation :D) and now with a 202. I won't be holding back at the beginning of next season because it's not right!

The league I am in is finishing up in a couple of weeks. I started with a 165 ave (after returning from a 20+ year vacation :D) and now with a 202. I won't be holding back at the beginning of next season because it's not right!

I have been sitting on about a 164 average for over three years, and that included living in three different states :eek: That is scary stuff LOL. I thought I would never get any higher but since I got my new ball I have been bowling about 23 or so pins over ave each game at one centre and my average at the other centre is on the rise too. Bit scary to make such a big jump, but I will be doing my best to keep it up because bowling well feels too damn gooooooood to go and be a Sandbagger! I almost feel like a real bowler now hehehe Gary can't tell me I am crap anymore, he can't say much when I have caught up to him :D

I have been sitting on about a 164 average for over three years, and that included living in three different states :eek: That is scary stuff LOL. I thought I would never get any higher but since I got my new ball I have been bowling about 23 or so pins over ave each game at one centre and my average at the other centre is on the rise too. Bit scary to make such a big jump, but I will be doing my best to keep it up because bowling well feels too damn gooooooood to go and be a Sandbagger! I almost feel like a real bowler now hehehe Gary can't tell me I am crap anymore, he can't say much when I have caught up to him :D

You have a genuine passion for this great sport. That makes you a real bowler, Ice. Not your average mate. Keep up the good bowling.

Ok im really p i s s e d off now. Played the career sandbaggers again last night. They are a 5 members family team. They put in 3 pre-bowls which were all at least 70 pins over average each player over 3 games. and got a sub so only one team member was actually bowling.
This team are gutless wonders whenever they play a team thats a threat to them they do this and they win every league they enter by doing this.
And 2 weeks ago they played a lower team than them which beat them and the father of the team goes up to someone i know and calls the other team sandbaggers.
They need to look in the mirror.

Ok im really p i s s e d off now. Played the career sandbaggers again last night. They are a 5 members family team. They put in 3 pre-bowls which were all at least 70 pins over average each player over 3 games. and got a sub so only one team member was actually bowling.
This team are gutless wonders whenever they play a team thats a threat to them they do this and they win every league they enter by doing this.
And 2 weeks ago they played a lower team than them which beat them and the father of the team goes up to someone i know and calls the other team sandbaggers.
They need to look in the mirror.

If this is every time they bowl, why doesn't your league president do something about it?

I fail to see anywhere that you have tried to resolve this. All that seems to be happening is constant whining in here. Get them warned (or worse) and if they do it again go through with whatever you warned them with. Until something like that is done they will keep doing it and so will others.

We need sandbagging police action!
Police-04-june.gif

If this is every time they bowl, why doesn't your league president do something about it?

I fail to see anywhere that you have tried to resolve this. All that seems to be happening is constant whining in here. Get them warned (or worse) and if they do it again go through with whatever you warned them with. Until something like that is done they will keep doing it and so will others.

Mate after years of seeing them do this i confronted the leader he was very evasive. Denied any wrong doing and was quite happy to have the rules on hand.
Of course there was nothing in the rules saying that you have to have morals when bowling in a league .
Ok many other bowlers in that centre would back me up because they have seen how they have played the game over years.
And lets face it if its handicapped leagues, how can the same team keep winning. Without some foul play.
And I dont dislike these people only how they play the game. I just hope some of this sinks in to them and they will change.
And some changes will be made in the constitutions at this centre to try and make it fairer for everyone.

Update....
The "I have no morals" family team have not learnt anything and were at it again last night.
They apparently had 3 team members sick even though being spotted out shopping. Its a strange coincidence that they were playing a top team and had 3 very high pre bowls lined up.
What are they smoking is it clouding their vision. Teams have been bending over and taking it for years from this team. And bagging them to me without having the guts to go to them.
Well im not taking their crap any more and im sure when our team plays them in 4 weeks a bout of swine flu will occur and we will face telephone number pre bowls.
They can shove the rule book in some dark place and if they want to step outside it fine by me.
No i better not do that i will only get kicked in the gonads.

The best thing to do is notify the TBA then at the start of the next league exclude their team from the league, simple !
Get your numbers together for supporters so you dont look stupid first

Re: SANDBAGGERS - CHEATS

"Sandbagger" is such a euphemism. I prefer "cheat". I hate cheats.

While ever your league rules allow this sort of thing, it will happen. These people, if your account is correct, are clearly quite adept at rorting the system, so the system needs to be changed. As usual, it will be the rotten apple that spoils the whole barrel.

Meanwhile, get the records. Have your ducks in a row. Prove that they are cheating. Demonstrate it at a league meeting, then with your local association and serve it up cold. Most importantly, gather your allies, keep your head and make it clear that you won't stand for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom