Sam Cooley on the tele

Never mind the name of the weatherman. I've just found out that it isn't who I had hoped it may have been.. No help there - sorry.

I would have kicked the TV had i been up early enough, bloody seppo TV its blocked off here till 12 now!!! :D

Here, here GBS. Jez has a good point. The organiser of the segment needs to step forward with many apologizes. Channel 9 & the Today Show would not of organised this segment of tenpin, they clearly would not have known that the Australian Masters was on last month.

Although it is still a disgrace for Channel 9 to allow the sport to be portrayed as a joke or just a hit an giggle. Sam and other elite tournament players work hard at their games to win and become the champions they are. All media outlets need to realise this and future spots need to be portrayed professionally for our sport to move forward for our competitive future.

I was aware that Sam had been asked to appear on the Today Show and approached TBA for protocols regards media representations. The spot was not advertised as the event co-ordinator had not confirmed the broadcast by Tuesday night.

We used to have Lynne Clay in a TBA position for promotions and media, I hope this will highlight that need again. As with the Adult Nationals and the missed media opportunities.

My son previously assisted with an advertisement - and just like Sam they attended solely to promote the sport. If anyone has worked with live TV they will know how things work, controlled mayhem. But the behaviour of the film crew and personnel from Today Show is an issue.

Sam was engaged by an event manager to attend the Today Show - given written assurances on what was to be made available - they needed a bowler for the slot. A professional engagement. The failure of the event management to provide as written on the employment agreement will be followed up.

But the professionalism of the Today Show was evident in the way they handled themselves. Perhaps the best way to amend this is to talk to the opposition and highlight how our young bowler has been treated by the Today Show.

There have been great steps forward with current TBA, and it would be even better to see some professional direction with one of our most important areas - advertising and promotion of the sport.

Leanne Triulcio

This is really Sad for Sam , not to mention Bowling itself
It would be interesting to find out who organised all this to take
place, surley they could have made sure things were set
up a bit more appropriately
I am told it was bowled at the Amusement Centre at Darling Harbour
With any luck Jim might get a response and he can do it again

Geoff,

the amusement centre was not darling Harbour, Darling Harbour is a king pin center, and i know very well that the head tech for that center would have had a quality condition for sam to bowl on,

and you will meet Chris from the darling harbour center at the training camp next weekend

Cheers,
Dave

Back
Top Bottom