RETRACTION AND APOLOGY

The Insider

Trophy Collector
- RETRACTION -

Recent comments made by myself regarding sandbagging were malicious and ill informed. I sincerely apologise to all those bowlers, their families and team mates for any offence caused. I realise in hindsight that I should have handled the situation with much more diplomacy instead of letting my personal emotions cloud my judgement and post inaccurate and defamatory comments over the internet.

The problem with forum posting is that many people like myself can easily say things about others that we would never say to people’s faces. The fact that this is an international forum means that even hints of rumours can quickly conglomerate into large issues and defame people without ever intending to.

With this latest example, I implied that two well known bowlers deliberately sandbagged to gain an unfair advantage in a sanctioned league. This was simply my opinion at the time, but I have subsequently discovered that the bowlers had no intention of gaining advantage.

I should never have posted those comments on this website, and I would encourage everyone here to reflect upon all their postings, and the possible effects that they may cause before deciding to vent on an international platform. If anyone has problems in their league, I encourage you to approach a league committee, or the bowlers themselves, instead of following my foolish example.

I have no idea who you are but I take my hat off to you because it takes a very big man to make a post such as you have.

It does highlight though my theory that you should never press 'send' when you are angry and that maybe forums are not always the best place to vent.

A well presented statement.

Dozza

Have to agree with Dozza... Takes big ones to admit you've made a mistake, but also proves you have a responsible attitude. Well Done, I take my hat off to you!!

very well said mate,

i agree it takes a big man to say sorry on a international forum, All i can advise is if you can not say it to the person dont say it at all

Back
Top Bottom