Public apology to LANE#1 & Ronnie C

bm2

I'm still standin'
QUOTE:
"Reg,
apart from a couple of senior bowlers who had their sponsorship PRIOR to attaining their old age status, there isn't a lot of interest with regard to sponsoring the older bowlers......we know, we tried:( " QUOTE

In 2003, during the lead up to the National Seniors tour to Guam, we tried securing sponsorship dollars from a wide variety of sources...and got very little interest. No lies there. :rolleyes:

The little bit of interest we did get was from Ronnie Conquest, Oz rep of Lane#1, and the benefits of that association were (and still are) greatly appreciated by the two of us. Regardless of the fact that it was considered an "unofficial sponsorship", that Ronnie went out on a limb to help Jagga's overseas quest by supplying him with what was a relatively new product to the Australian market at the time will not be forgotten.

My original post was not designed to cause offence to Ronnie or to Lane#1...and if that is the way it was taken, then I am sincerely sorry. My post was a simple reply to something Reg had asked, and not self promotion. If the assistance given had meant so little to us, then I guess we still wouldn't be using the equipment, would we? My loyalty goes a little deeper than that, Ronnie, I thought you knew that by now ;)

Bronwyn Morgan
6 balls in the bag, and 4 of them are Lane#1

It's good to hear that someone would help out in a situation like your's/Jagga's, especially with the overseas committments.

Well done Ronnie and Lane #1, putting something back into Australian Bowlers.. great stuff.

Back
Top Bottom