Results G.C. Assoc Team

Just what is a real condition???????

steve do u really want me to tell u what a real condition is??????????? or would u like to pick between last week at greenslopes and the week before at the sport series??? :lol: :lol:

i am sure CAPTAIN FREEHOOK will now the answer to this question!!!!! :lol: :lol:

The answer is forget about the lane condition. Too many bowlers fret over it. I have a team mate who constantly complains about the Kedron lanes not having a back end. Play what's in front of you. If you're good enough, you'll find a shot.

sean wrote -
Anyone can score on a ditch but lets see a real contest on a real condition.

sorry sean it won't happen too many little ego's out there that might never recover if they had to bowl on a REAL condition!!!!!!!!!

Gazaroticus Thunderstalks a real condition is a condition where the bowler has to make the score without the help of the lane condition. most house shots these days are easy scoring conditions were if u miss your target by a small amount it doesn't matter the ball still gets to the pocket. this sort of condition has done nothing for bowling other then let bad bowlers think they are good.

bfcc said:
Gazaroticus Thunderstalks a real condition is a condition where the bowler has to make the score without the help of the lane condition. most house shots these days are easy scoring conditions were if u miss your target by a small amount it doesn't matter the ball still gets to the pocket. this sort of condition has done nothing for bowling other then let bad bowlers think they are good.

Thank God there is someone on this forum that makes sense. Conditions have never been an issue with me. The scores coming out of Milton suggest an easy shot that anyone can shoot big numbers on. I'm not casting aspersions on anyone bowling there, but I'm curious at how well some of the Milton bowlers (I use to be one of them) would perform in tougher houses.

Being one of the 'milton bowlers' I can say that we only need to look at the results of the last sports series to see how milton bowlers perform on a tough condition:

Carl Bottomley(milton) 1st, Adam Lack (milton) 2nd, me (milton) 3rd, Jason Pearson(milton) 7th, Greg Kelly (milton) 11th, and Kylie Lack (milton) 24th.

Not to shabby I think - the top 3, 4 in the top 10 and 5 in the top 12 and with kyles cashing 6 in the money.

I think its fair to say that we do ok on tougher conditions and in tougher houses.

Although, you could have said the same thing about Caboolture bowlers a couple of years ago, and yet I'm sure Hammo, GB, Animal, Mark Sheehan & others would agree that just because you bowl in a high scoring house doesn't mean you cant adjust & bowl well in other houses.

Just my opinion.....

Thank God there is someone on this forum that makes sense. Conditions have never been an issue with me. The scores coming out of Milton suggest an easy shot that anyone can shoot big numbers on. I'm not casting aspersions on anyone bowling there, but I'm curious at how well some of the Milton bowlers (I use to be one of them) would perform in tougher houses

Well I know most of the bowlers that bowl there are still performing ok both in the state and Nationally excluding myself so not sure what you getting at there all I know is I agree 100% with BFCC and lets see a tougher condition laid down so its just not a carry contest for the association challenge

Jase
(AKA Captain Free Hook)

now before anyone jumps on me , yes i bowl at caboolture and have been since 1986/87 when batesy took over, yes caboolture has an easy condition and yes i can understand why the centre owners put down the easy condition but that doesn't mean i agree with easy conditions!!

i think that league conditions can be easy but when u make the step from a league bowler to a tournament bowler u should face a step up , tournament bowling should be tougher then league bowling it should be the next step to challenge your skill level.

Relax kiddies. I did say I wasn't casting aspersions on anyone. I was merely curious.

Is it any different than being a cricketer and travelling to sri lanka, and playing on a spinners paradise, then goto the carribean, which then is a fast bowlers paradise, so for me there is no right or wrong condition, just hard and easy

Mark Foster

I don't recall anyone mentioning anything about right or wrong conditions. I prefer the tougher conditions. When you shoot high scores, it's earned.

Carl Bottomly is the only name I recognise from the names mentioned. The man is poetry in motion and can bowl on any condition.

Gazaroticus Thunderstalks said:
Carl Bottomly is the only name I recognise from the names mentioned. The man is poetry in motion and can bowl on any condition.

I have been trying to work out who this Thunderstalks super hero is and now i have worked it out: "That's you isn't it Carl?" :roll:

Jase and Ronnie

Jase said:
Gazaroticus Thunderstalks said:

I have been trying to work out who this Thunderstalks super hero is and now i have worked it out: "That's you isn't it Carl?" :roll:

Jase and Ronnie

Settle down junior. It's not Carl.

Gaz,

I have a feeling I do you know you - an ex-milton bowler you say - maybe also an ex-clayfield bowler ? Maybe you know a one of my old co-horts - Tony Kelly (pablo)

Can you please enlighten us and divulge your secret identity (seeing as it isn't on your profile) as you now have me very curious.

PS - I actually thought you had to have your name on your profile now Graham (please correct me if I'm wrong).

Well hasn't this got off on to the beaten track.

Answer to your ? sean on how many? First of all thats up to the manager, coach and captain on whose in the line-up. Secondly since we're the home centre , we be silly not to use our facilities to our advantage( just like Rocky did last year). :lol: :lol:

Andrew the team you refer to is CABOOLTURE, not my lot. I'm just a member of a well balanced team trying their best to bring home the bacon. So 1 bottle won't be enough. :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:

Jas conditions in Assoc Challange won't change where ever u go. Host centers will put down what they want(again Rocky as anexample). :shock: It will suit some and those willin to succeed will adapt. Carry Contest? As far as im concern the team who spares well will go close to takin the silverware back with them.

Dale well said buddy. Jeff , i agree with the level of difficulty should rise with the level of play. But jeff you don't have to have a real condition to have real scores.ie Northern N.S.W. Open 04 and Rocky " State champs and Assoc challange 04" :p :p

Now Mr/Miss Thunderpants , why all the mystery to your identity? I agree with you that people should put up and shut up with lane conditions and at least make the effort to try and conquer whats put down in front of them even when they get tougher or at there easiest. Really the scores coming out of milton are from bowlers takin advantage of the set up and good luck to them.

Now all i need is some info. I didn't realise that Assoc Challange had changed and that a SHEEP STATION was first prize. When did this change?

101 days to go. :) :)

DB3 out
hamster
gerbil
aka tony hamilton

p.s Thunderpants I'm sure there are other bowlers you remember that weren't listed. You can't be that old. No relation to one Dave Hardy are you? :lol: :lol:

DaleS said:
Gaz,

I have a feeling I do you know you - an ex-milton bowler you say - maybe also an ex-clayfield bowler ? Maybe you know a one of my old co-horts - Tony Kelly (pablo)

Can you please enlighten us and divulge your secret identity (seeing as it isn't on your profile) as you now have me very curious.

PS - I actually thought you had to have your name on your profile now Graham (please correct me if I'm wrong).

From the Privacy Policy:

Your information is private, and we aim to keep it that way.

What you suggest is a contradiction to the Privacy Policy. I've been using forums for over 5 years now and have never been told I have to provide my real name and as it's not a required field I'm not about to start now.

Very correct Dale. I'm also a former Clayfield bowler and employee. I recall the name of Tony Kelly, but can't put a face to the name. I left Brisbane in 94 and returned in Sept 03. I've had a 4 year absence from the sport and only picked it up again 3 or 4 weeks ago.

Back
Top Bottom