Results from Qatar

GeorgeF

Hypercell = Hyperhook!
Here is a link which should show the scores.

http://www.brothergate.com/qatint4/qual.htm

Frawls is sitting 11th on +84, I am sitting 18th on +35

Only 6more squads to go, with the lanes and pins as they are, I'm guessing +50 is a definite. I will be borderline, I've updated my site on the pattern and scores (worth reading)

The top 32 go through to the second stage and are guarenteed of $1000 US

Well its not often an Aussie makes the front page news of bowling digitial but I managed to do that last night leading my squad and moving into 10th place. I finally had a block where everything came together shooting +99. I have $1000US in the bank and have the opportunity to win alot more.

Frawls is 14th which guarentees him a spot in the finals as well. He is a copy of what they said on bowling digital

"George Frilingos (photo) of Australia assured himself of a spot in the top 32 Sunday night by firing a 1,299-pin block to move into 10th place at the 4th Qatar International in Doha. Frilingos averaged 216.50 to push himself out of 28th place to join the tournament leaders."

Also moving up the ranks was Kimmo Lehtonen of Finland, whose 1,275 set brought him from 22nd to 16th place. Abdulla Al-Qattan of Qatar continues to lead with 1,384 pins and a 230.67 average.

No other advances took place in the top 32. Defending champion Tim Mack of the USA experienced a frustrating day on the lanes and remains in 26th with 1,242 pins and a 207.00 average.

The cut after Monday advances the top 32 scorers and the top four non-qualifying Qataris, who at this moment include Fahad Al Emady (204.33 average), Mohammed Abdulla Al-Mutawa (203.67), Abdulla Al-Mohannadi (202.17) and Ibrahim Al-Mohannadi (202.17)

The top 32 + 4 bowl six more games of qualifying Tuesday, June 10, and a final block of six Wednesday morning, June 11. The top four women after that time advance to the womenÕs finals, scheduled for Wednesday afternoon. The general field is also cut to the top 16 for the next round Wednesday night.

George

You do us proud - I wish you well with your bowling and future. It is great a bowler takes the time to inform us all. I hope the time and effort you are putting in - pays off and you will reap the rewards of the hard work you are putting into your game. I will take a look at your website and talk to you soon.

Best wishes
Gail

Back
Top Bottom