Rachuig - Team selections

C

Come in spinner

Sorry to bring this topic up AGAIN but I believe it is time that it needs to be reviewed.

1 Why was Queensland allowed to have North and South State teams? If it was because of distance for roll offs and selection, why was it not moved every 2-3 years from the Brisbane area? This would allow bowlers from areas, other than Brisbane, to compete for their State. This scenario would have made it fairer for all bowlers wishing to make their State team. Then you would know who really wants to make the State team.

2 Why then, when a space became available for an extra team due to Queensland being split, it was NOT filled within Australia? As I understand results from Rachuig are used to help select the National team. Wouldn't it be better to have either two NSW Teams or a team made up from bowlers who have not made their State teams? We now have this pool of bowlers who wish to bowl for their State but due to circumstances did not qualify. Obviously these bowlers would like to compete if given the chance. This would also allow you to give extra players an opportunity to perform on the main arena.

I am disappointed that we have allowed another country into the tournament. We should be using our own players. I am quite happy to allow them to compete in a seperate tournament. Why Rachuig as it could effect the final results? :x

Back
Top Bottom