Total Selection - is it the answer?

Interesting topic.

A few years ago i mentioned to the powers that be (Victorian pres sheild rolloff) that due to an uneven number of girls and boys rolling off that the girls would be sitting around for 15 minutes every hour waiting for the guys to finish each round of match play (boys were doing 5 man teams girls 4 person teams) As it was very hot and humid in the bowl there was a real risk of one of the girls suffering a injury and if this happened there was no provision for that bowler to be included in the team. Even if they were leading the rolloff with 2 games to go. For the next year a provision was included in the application form that allowed to select a bowler(s) if any sort of anomily occured. This didnt state what type of anomily so if a bowler was unavailable due to national selection or injury ar any other reason they could still make the team. I dont know if its still included but its definnitaly worth looking at for all of the reasons stated in this topic.

Phil

Sorry just to correct myself so you all dont get the wrong idea. By the way you have selcted this team and by the way you didnt give an Australian Representitve an Excemption it seems you dont want your best team at the Nationals?

With respect Brown Beach Boy - South Queensland to this day still has not had a formal request for an exemption from the bowler concerned.
End of story.

Back
Top Bottom