Rachuig from a Tassie view

Well it is all over for another year.

A lot of people, particularly some older bowlers continually say "it aint what it used to be"
Maybe in some ways they are right, but i have been to 15 Rachuig's now and still enjoy it as much as ever.
The quality of bowling is still strong and believe me the competitiveness between states is still strong.
One of the pleasing aspects of the tournament now is the number of young bowlers involved in each team, and the ability of these bowlers.
Two young first timers, Chris Matthews and Phil Ramsay in the top 5 male averages along with Emma Rutten in topping the ladies averages back up this point.
Other young bowlers who will be future stars were Scottie Andrews, Paul Longa and Kate Wilton just to name a few.

From a personal point our finish was a bit disapointing after finishing in second place last year, but i was rapt for Gello, Ron and the rest of the NT boys. A victory for a small state.
Also congrats to Sue a her team, you just keep motoring along year after year.

As for Tassie, Ashley Riley 7th and Matt Riley 12th in the male averages were solid as always.
From our young ladies team (5 bowlers under 22) Kassey Fechner and Rebecca Salter were our best performed.

Congrats to Fred Alsopp and Amanda Ladlow for thier masters victories.
Also to Matt Riley for his second place in the mens event and a special congratulations to Rebecca Salter for her 4th placing in the ladies masters, along with the high average for the day.
I am very proud of you.

So i hope everyone gets behind next years Nationals and Rachuig in Bakstown and i am sure it will be a great event.

icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, ">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BrettR:
but i was rapt for Gello, Ron and the rest of the NT boys. A victory for a small state.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hate to be the one to pick up on something like this, but from the 12 years of schooling i've had, not once have i ever heard the NT called a STATE. I hear its still a territory.
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

We're still working on statehood.......it's coming, like the railway!!!

cheers

Bronni
icon_cool.gif

Brett.

I have to agree with you on your view of Rachuig. In the past 5 years I have been involved I have heard plenty of people say
" Its going to die soon " or " Its not like it used to be.

I have to ask you though, How many things dont change over time ?? I think Rachuig has seen a resurgence over the past couple of years with the diehards and the new generation enjoying it for their own reasons.

Yes congrats to Chris Matthews and Scotti from a WA point of view and to Amanda of course.

Long Live Rachuig !!!

Also, congratulations to TBAL. The Rachuig tournament and the running of the nationals has become much more professional over the 10 years I've been to nationals ( Jnr and Snr ). I think we are going well to be considered a professional outfit and get more of the funds we need for this great sport.

I would just to add to what Brett said and congratulate Rebecca Salter as well on a great performance in Masters in Canberra. It's great to see one of your best friends doing so well and she deserves success.
I would also like to thank Brett for everything that he has done for us. I am sure Beck will be right with me on this as well. He has put in so much time and effort with us and I don't know what we would do without him.
Can't wait for next year! Thanks to everyone that made it such a great trip
icon_biggrin.gif

Back
Top Bottom