Question time...

Rikjpool

I was just wondering, If someone was to prebowl for a league, and during that prebowl bowled a new lane record, Would the lane record go on the lane that he prebowled on, or on the lane he would have been bowling on if he was in league?

Cheers.
Rik

In my view records can only stand if they are bowled against proper opposition, a score would not count as a record if that score was bowled in isolation.

contentious point. I would say "if" it counted, it should be for the lane physically bowled on.

My only question would be should it be counted. And i guess i lean towards 'yes'

If a pre-bowl is organised properly it is bowled against the opposition you would have normally be bowling against or there is someone else there to verify it.

I would say if the pre-bowl was done properly then the score should count and it should be for the lane it was bowled on.

If a pre-bowl is organised properly it is bowled against the opposition you would have normally be bowling against or there is someone else there to verify it.I would say if the pre-bowl was done properly then the score should count and it should be for the lane it was bowled on.

Would not The lanes staff be adaquete verification?

I bowled the first 300 at Marion Bowland in SA - Pre bowlng for a night i could not make. it was all offical with staff watching and they verified the scores and weighed the pins. I beleive it is not a real 300 as i had no competition and could go at my own pace - Would i have bowled it on the night - Maybe?????????

I think the person who bowled it should be acknowledged as being the best bowler ever to bowl on a regular basis at Bendigo. And all the lanes records would be theirs if they bowled more often.
;)

Haha, dont know what your talking about. haha.

The question came to mind when MY bowling partner prebowled for tonight and i was just wondering. I am in no way trying to shut another bowler out from taking a lane recrd. Just wanting to know.

It was Dave Farq??

This has happened twice in the last week in Bendigo. The one that Riki is talking about, and I think Wayne gave it away who the other one was.

If possible the pre bowl should be put on the lanes that the person was due to bowl on. Pity the counter staff never think to do that.

David

Wayne,

You may have been asked. I have never been. Not having a go at the counter staff. It has just never been a priority.

David

Wayne,
You may have been asked. I have never been. Not having a go at the counter staff. It has just never been a priority.
David

and totally unneccessary, since the TBA rules simply states...
"Usual league rules and conditions to apply and one pair of certified lanes in the same centre are to be used."

Back
Top Bottom