What's the go....

Gnarkill

Whilst doing a prebowl this morning at Mt Druitt for while I'm away at Arafura, I ended up with a chunk taken out of my inferno near my thumbhole, right on the track. They are quite happy to try and fix it, hopefully by friday so I have to take to Darwin but my question is:

If it's not fixed to my liking, ie, still a noticable gouge over the track by touch, possibly effecting the balls travel down the lane, is it the centres responsibility to pay for a new ball?

Has anyone else been in the same situation and come out favourable or not so?

Yeah it should be, I am in the same position as you, I am also awaiting a repair job on my beloved deuce...

As far as I am concerned if a Bowling centres machinery damages your ball (especially on the track) it is their responsibility to return that ball to it's original (pre damaged) condition, and if that means replacing the ball, then so be it.

What did Bev (Manager say to you about it)? or was she not on that day?

they should for sure fix it but some centres dont like that much i ended up with gourge marks the entire way round my ball in a tournament once and the centre was pretty much not interessed.

(what made it really annoying was i was bowling well til that point!)

luckily friends from another centre fixed it for me or there could have been one big barney on over that. :evil:

At my centre a bowler through stupid shot trying to throw out to 1 board on the right and the the 7 pin, but anyway, he took a crater out of the ball bigger than a golf ball, and they fixed it perfectly, so shouldnt be a problem, but i think amf have a rule if you buy it and something happens like it get a chunk taken out after a certain period, they give you a new ball

Im not certain of that though

I'm not 100% sure but I am pretty sure a lot of centres have a notice in the centre somewhere stating that any damage to balls that are not polyester are not covered by the centre, and you should use those balls at your own risk. They do not take responsibility for damage by machinery, lanes, etc. I've come up against this a few times, and I've also seen it from the other side of the fence.

But I hope they will replace it for you if it is really bad damage. They should yes.

At my centre there are signs saying that you do so at your own risk. Maybe a nice centre manager might meet you half way, but i think it would be surprising if they did. Maybe they will do a special deal on a replacement ball, in way of a discount?

The exact same thing happened to me 2 yrs ago during the East Coast championships. I was using my Apex Adrenaline and when it came back it had a chunk taken out next to the thumb hole. The centre said it wasn't their fault but thankfully Paul Madden fixed it for me.

As a ball driller and tech, I'll fix any damage done to a ball for no cost of course....though we will not replace a ball unless its unfixable. Bwling balls are soft, they suffer wear and tear like any other sporting equipment you use. As a tech, sometimes the first we know of a screw loose in a gutter is when a bowler throws a gutter ball. 90% of damage here is caused by gutter screws or worn edge fibres.

About the 8th ball I bowled with my brand new impulse zone, I threw it in the ditch and it came back with a 5 cent piece gouge on the last 2 rings of track flare. I wont sand or resurface it, the performance of the ball will diminish. I'd love a new one but it was silly of me to throw it there at 1000miles an hour. I'm not saying that if you throw it the gutter its too bad, but soft reactive balls will always suffer.

Fortunately for me, I had not thrown a gutter ball at all during the first two games bowled. This led me to think that the damage was either caused from the lane itself (highly unlikely) or just something down the back end that the ball landed on. Maybe it was even on it's way up the return, but that probably would have shown more and more damage over time, and my spare ball (brunswick phantom) was still untouched.

if the cut is close to your thumb hole then it must be in the first couple of track rings... this should have little to no effect on the performance of your intense inferno as the ball flares away from your thumb as it travels down the lane

as the Intense inferno is designed to do Nothing on the front half of the lane... you shouldnt worry yourself... remember your ball starts to move at least half way down the lane (from what i have seen it only moves on the backend).. by that time the ball would already be tracking at least 3 to 4 incehs away from your thumb...

if their patch job isnt perfect its alright... take it to darwin and when you come back get them to fix it up properly!

So are bowling balls coming with a lifetime guarantee now. If you were thrown down a bowling lane doing 20kmh do you think you'd come back with no marks or scratches?

yeah but people arent desinged to be, sunshine. we arent made out of hard plastic like materials. der. haha.

Just last night at work a guy bowling had his ball cracked in half.

It was only about 8 months old too, but with that they should surley replace that for nothing. Though that was the ball NOT the machinery, I checked.

As for a damaged ball, at our centre you get it repaired "free" by I quote:

Aldo Belmonte
"The best ball resurfacer, repairer ever."

My borther can fix anything from pluging to resurfacing and you won't be able to find anything wrong with it. You can't ever see where that ball was plugged he does that good a job on matching the colors.
If only the ball drillers were up to scratch! Nah you do a great job, if not we'd have a ball with no holes.

Anyway if your ball was damaged by the machinery then it gets fixed for nothing here Just ask Simon Dickinson.

Toshio

Back
Top Bottom