Queensland Association Challenge

GeoffS

Warped Total Bowler
Having just read the thread about Lane Riding i was wondering whether the TBA Rule Book would come in handy for the Qld Assoc. Challenge next year, due to the fact that 1 (possibly more) bowler/s made complaints about lane riding during this years challenge. Maybe Lord Errol could bring the TBA Rule book with him, just clear this rule up with the complainant/s.
I know of at least 2 bowlers got spoken too this year for lane riding but I know that 1 of them should not of even been questioned as i saw what happened and so did the rest of my team.
What does everyone think about this?
Regards
Geoffrey Stevens

I think if you want to complain about it dont bowl. Association challenge is a fun Tornament where its supposed to be fun and a bit of rivary. If you play for sheep stations and dont like it when people have fun especially on that weekend than dont roll off, because this is the best tornament every year in my opinion. Thats why they have Jesters and Sir and Knights, its part of the Tornament, which makes it so every year.
Your friendly Knight Hammer

Well I know that one of our women was riding the lane, but as I said when the complaint was made, that lane is her's till she stops off it.

I mean come on it is fun, I remember the days where one of the Brisbane women was doing all sorts of things at the foul line, and no one complained.

Why cause that lane was her's till she got off it.

Association Challenge has always been fun, and I dont think those running the tournament have had many complaints come there way.

I must admit it could get awfully messy if I started riding the lanes !

NO ONE WOULD BE SAFE. (even in the players area)

Exactly Hammer, The challenge is the best tournament of the year because to fun nature of the tournament. but somebody took it a little bit to seriously this which obviously is not the whole meaning of tournament. i reckon instead of people being quietly told not to do it, especially when they are having a fantastic game, they should bring in a lane rider's award as a fun thing for the presentation night.

As for you Ashy, mate why dont you start riding the lanes at next years assoc. challenge in bundy and see what happens? put some more fun in the tourney.

Ok I'm G
U
I
L
T
Y
but if i didn't do it i wouldn't have of got to meet the SLAP happy members of the Men's Rocky team, 6 lanes away.

Really its great to watch someone in full flight also just as funny when it all goes wrong.

I also believe i still hold that award from Toowoomba 2003 ( still have the cords and Village Idoit award that went with it) when i almost wiped out Morrie Brooks a couple lanes away.

Well just under 8 months to go until Bundy. Good luck to everyone trying out for their respective associations.

Heard i rumour that after their big spending off season last yr, Brisbane have put high profile player, Steve " Princess Hammeriod" Hampson up for TRADE week. Best offer to date was from an anomymous Assoc " One 4LTR bottle of 20/50 Vaveline".

Hamo
Tony Hamilton
Court Jester and L
A
N
E
R
I
D
E
R

We dont want him LOL,:p we hear he is too much too handle.

I am sure instead of being the water or orange boy he could always be the OIL boy.;) ;)

Sorry Steve couldnt resist.

As Tony said good luck to all trying out, and if you have never rolled off for your Association, why not make this your year to have a go, it is a well run tournament, where you have fun and make friends for life.

I have heard that the court jester is also up for trade to the team from the big smoke. Perhaps this years home team's salary cap can no longer hold onto the jovial man. His ability as a team player cannot be doubted, can he and "princess hammeroid" make the difference to the big smoke team next year (should they make the team)......we all wait with baited breath......

Back
Top Bottom