Association Challenge 2003

B

BUDDHA

We would like to advise all competing associations of the pending change in venue for this years challenge.

In the interests of trying to unite the bowling community of Toowoomba following the change in owners of Garden City Lanes, and matters beyond our control, we are considering Sunset Superbowl as the venue.

We would also like to inform bowlers here in Toowoomba, that bowlers currently bowling in either centre will be invited to the selection process, thus giving us the 1st united team for some time.

We would encourage and welcome your comments.

For those who are wondering, we have been offered 20 lanes for the weekend. Prices will not change.

Regards

John Wiffen
Toowoomba

Andrew.

As yet the selection process has not taken place. We are meeting with the association from Sunset to work this out. We have invited them to assist us with the Challenge and look forward to working with them.

Let you know when the team has been decided.

Regards

John Wiffen

No. We have decided to operate independantly of the 2 centres. We are willing to look after bowlers in either centre. However, one of the 2 has rejected our offer to continue as normal. This makes it a little difficult for us to operate as normal, but we are looking for alternatives. What this does mean is that there will likely be 3 associations in this area.

We will see what the future holds, but A few of us have a committment to the bowlers.Not only here but throughout the S.E of QLD. WE will fulfill that committment.

Regards

John W

i am 100% against the move to sunset.

We came down for the garden city new year open, did our homework, ordered and drilled up our equipment for a honest assault at this years challenge.

why cant the unity happen and the venue remain the same, i have nothing against sunset, but our preparation as a team has been based on bowling at garden city.

Geez Craig, If you have ordered and drilled up all this equiptment for the challenge then your eating your words about how you can't keep up with technology and stuff in the tournament scene aren't you? Next time maybe don't count your chickens before they hatch. By the way I am 100% for the move incase you haven't noticed. hahahahahahaha

what have i drilled up first sean, before you count your chickens, you must first find out the answer to that???

see you wherever, it dont matter

yes i was sean

did i mention what equipment, did i mention how, NO

you are just assuming

if you are trying to wind me up for a war of words about association challenge on here, forget about it

i will let my ability as a bowler talk on the approach, not on a forum

If you have so much ability it doesnt matter what you drill up you should be able to bowl on anything with anything if you cant bowl on anything with anything then you arent a bowlers arsehole thats what I say. I don't give a shyt what you use or do.

Sean M said:
you should be able to bowl on anything with anything if you cant bowl on anything with anything then you arent a bowlers arsehole thats what I say.

So, what are you bringing up to Townsville next year, C-A-T man? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I know I can't bowl so call me an arsehole. But I'm not the one with all the ABILITY! One ball next year and that will be the Spare Storm. Bye the way Robbie...its 2003 now so I have to worry about this year first.

Oops, my bad. :) Don't forget that THIS years SunCity will be held immediately after the nationals, so anyone planning a trip North for Rachuig or champs should have a serious look at hanging around for an extra few days.

Hi Guys,

Any further word on the actual venue for Assoc Challenge 2003?

Cheers
Jon King

Jon, unfortunately they are at the early stages of a 15 rounder. Current betting is that it will go the distance, unless of course someone comes in and stops it. Problem being that TBA doesn't have a SQ regional manager to call in as a ref.
Don't drill your balls yet...

Assoc. Challenge 2003

Budda is it true that Sunset has not agreed to hold this event and if so what will happen to the money raised from the bowlers at Garden City so as to be able to hold this event?
Garden City never prevented your assoc. from operating at their centre it was entirely up to the board to pull away and not the members who are the fiancial back bone to an Assoc., their money is what make you an assoc., so why haven't they been asked?

Back
Top Bottom