Association Challenge 2009

Andrew S.

Gold Coast
The Challenge is scheduled for the Gold Coast in 2009 and we are struggling to find a dinner venue that can handle a budget of $25 per head. We therefore intend asking the Association Representatives at the 2008 Aspley meeting if we can increase the budget to $30 per head. This will at least open up a few venues for consideration.
We have been on the same dinner budget for some years now and we dont think it unreasonable to ask this.
If any members of this forum know their local Association Challenge Committee members could they please mention this post to them. That way we dont have to spring the request on them unannounced.
Many thanks.
Andrew Shinnie on behalf of GC Region.

Sounds like a plan to me…$ 5.00 increase isn’t too much to ask…They put petrol up without asking…Mind you what can you possibly eat these days, 3 courses for $25.00…

Maybe we can book Sizzler all you can eat…With a side of shrimp…If not you have the Golden Arches…but would need a few Happy Meal vouches for the Brisbane team…:D:D:D:D:D

My personal favourite would be fish and chips on the sand…With a Kilo of fresh Prawns…;););)

Personally, I don't think $5 extra is too much to ask - meals incl. dessert (we must have dessert!) would be pretty hard to find these days for $25 .... I do like the idea though of prawns and XXXX overlooking the beach somewhere !!

Bring it on .....

Flower

Mary, you know what the correct term for prawns is?

BAIT! :D

Chuck on a barra or a whole coral trout and then you're cookin'

Robbie.

The Challenge is scheduled for the Gold Coast in 2009 and we are struggling to find a dinner venue that can handle a budget of $25 per head. We therefore intend asking the Association Representatives at the 2008 Aspley meeting if we can increase the budget to $30 per head. This will at least open up a few venues for consideration.
We have been on the same dinner budget for some years now and we dont think it unreasonable to ask this.
If any members of this forum know their local Association Challenge Committee members could they please mention this post to them. That way we dont have to spring the request on them unannounced.
Many thanks.
Andrew Shinnie on behalf of GC Region.

I agree but why does it have to put on here? Shouldn't it be handled at the meeting and if there's a meeting wouldn't they be notified of what's on the agenda?

Or are they going in cold?

How many Reps are we talking about? Wouldn't a simple phone call be enough?

Oh and where's Hammer's post?

hammo

Its being put on here to give people the courtesy of some notice that the request will be brought to the meeting.

It is obvious that a large number of Challenge bowlers are members of this forum and are in all likelihood unaware of what is discussed at the Meetings.

We thought it important to announce this intended request for a $5 increase well in advance.

Agendas are not sent out for these meetings usually the reps talk things through at the meetings and vote on matters if necessary. If you want more information about procedures, I'm sure your own Association can help you out.

I agree but why does it have to put on here? Shouldn't it be handled at the meeting and if there's a meeting wouldn't they be notified of what's on the agenda?
Or are they going in cold?
How many Reps are we talking about? Wouldn't a simple phone call be enough?
Oh and where's Hammer's post?
hammo

Get off your High Horse dickhead...

Its being put on here to give people the courtesy of some notice that the request will be brought to the meeting.
It is obvious that a large number of Challenge bowlers are members of this forum and are in all likelihood unaware of what is discussed at the Meetings
We thought it important to announce this intended request for a $5 increase well in advance.
Agendas are not sent out for these meetings usually the reps talk things through at the meetings and vote on matters if necessary. If you want more information about procedures, I'm sure your own Association can help you out.
Thanks Andrew.

Just thought it could of been handled better by letting each Assoc address this matter their way then Reps being prepared for the meeting instead of having to make a snap decision for its members.

Again thanks and will check in with Sharpy about the rest.

Tony Hamilton
( Jester )

Back
Top Bottom