Association Challenge 2003

Steve,

I inform you to not question my character like that on an open forum such as this, or anywhere for that matter. I have been patient to this point with what has been said about me, but will not tolerate it any longer. I suggest you keep that in mind.

We do not get paid and do not get any rewards other than the constant abuse by people such as yourself. I suggest furthermore that you step back and take a good look at yourself. You voted with the association and you agreed and supported everything at that meeting. I suggest you speak to whatever bowlers you say you are representing and tell them all the facts, and the true facts at that.

If getting personal gain from this is receiving threats of being arrested, being referred to as a thief and copping constant abuse from the likes of you then yes I am getting lots of personal gain from this. I feel so rich from it that I'll take all of it that I can get because I am getting personal gain.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

On the issue of the removal of association equipment from Garden City Lanes, we were informed two weeks before the new owners took over that there would not be room made available for the association to store their equipment in centre, by the likely new owner Cindy Donnelly.

Under the previous mangement we were allocated a storage room and had stored the equipment there instead of at the president's or secretary's place as had been the case in the past I believe.

As this was the case I undertook action to move the association equipment, as I was the only one with the time to do so, to one storage location until such time as the Association board met to decide what to do with it. I asked at the next association meeting what we would do with the association equipment I was currently storing and it was decided to leave it where it is at present. If the board so wishes to have it removed to another location then I am only too willing to move it there. It doesn't benefit me to have the umpteen pounds of paperwork kept there as I had to call in favours to store it there in the first place.

I furthermore question why it is that if all I had to do was admit that I was wrong in removing the association equipment then I would have been allowed back into Garden City Lanes. What is the truth to why I am banned?? How many different stories are you being told?? I thought according to Cindy it was because I was abusive and unreasonable??? I believe I was right earlier on with my original comment in another topic. Either that or you do not know what you are talking about and have been misinformed.

I don't get led by others either. I am happy and content to make my own decisions unlike some people here. You make one decision and then later on say no you don't mean it. I think you are the one who is being lead around by others.

To all members of the association and others who are making comments here, I suggest you ask Barry, Buddha or myself, just what is happening before making ill informed comments.

I guess the 15 rounder will continue here for some time hey Andrew :wink:

Scott

Craig I thought your post was spot on.
Still nothing is being resolved and neither side is prepared to give ground. What is now starting to be questioned is the future participation of Toowoomba in the competition after this years event.
I wouldn't care to be the Toowoomba delegate at the next Challenge meeting.

Association Challange 2003

Scott,
just a question about the roll - offs for the team. will they take place at both centres with all bowlers having to roll - off at both centres to be eligable for selection??? With no exceptions to anyone!!!

Rosie

Rosie,

All adult bowlers from both centres are welcome to roll off for selection. As for the selection criteria, that is for the tournament and rules committee to decide, as per the decision made at the last board meeting. What they decide will be what the criteria is and I am not one of those on that committee.

I know that I personally would like to see the best possible team roll in the association challenge and encourage everyone from both centres who wishes to roll off to do so. I believe the nomination form and selection criteria will be made available over the weekend.

I hope to see you at the roll offs and offer everyone who trys the best of luck.

Scott

True Facts

Scott,
You want the true facts out in the open then here they are.
At the meeting with the centre management we where offered a room to have as our meeting place within the centre. True or False?
At the end of that meeting i was told the vote on this decision was going to take place away from the centre at Barry's home. Why did we not stay in the room we already occupied as it was a secure room and was fine for every other meeting? But no Barry and others felt uneasy with being in the centre didn't they?
Now Buddha asked me outside away from any other members where i stood.
And i answered with i would like the Assoc. to continue and stated that at the board meeting also.
Now at the board meeting we where told that several members would step down if it was to continue operating from within the centre on personal grounds. Then we had a vote to decide if we are to remain as an Assoc. and withdraw from the centre, and this vote was only one question with only one answer required and so we voted, and yes it was unanimous at that time. But after driving back to Toowoomba i realised that the question we just voted on was in fact two questions, 1 being should we continue as an assoc.?, 2 if first vote past than should we operate away from the centre or not?
Another fact for you is that there are other board members that were not present at this meeting and no proxy votes given to them or were they even asked what their decision was on these questions.
The facts speak for them selves doen't they. The meeting was held at the home of the old management and if you looked like being a thorn in their side you were not included, this is why i was asked where i stand before we left. Also i said that we should have the meeting at the centre but several had already left to go to Barry's.
In reguards to the removal of the equipment you where told that it had to be removed from the room it was in so as to allow them to do their renovations, but did you ever ask if you could place them some where else in the centre. And also equipment such as tropheys where removed from in the centre that where not in the room or in the way of the renovations. So who told you to remove them and why?
Scott if you are not on the commitee for the Assoc. Challenge then why are you one of the contacts for that commitee? And why are you placing any information about the Challenge on this forum? Cann't they do it themselves? or are you the puppet?

Andrew S,
If Toowoomba is to be jeapodised by this situation then what about Ipswhich? If i or any member of the new board are invited to the next meeting then we will be prepared to state our case for you all, and we look foreward to being there.
I only want what is best for bowling in Toowoomba and I look foreward to see many of you at the Challenge in June.
Steve B.

Steve B., Ipswich is not a problem as they are not likely to be hosting the competition for a few years. What is causing considerable anger at present is that it appears Toowoomba are not interested in considering anyone else other than themselves. No-one it seems is flexible or prepared to give any ground. All you want to do is snipe away at each other which achieves nothing. We have a centre (Garden City) that wants to hold it and we have an Association that wants to run it. Yet neither wants to work together.
Can you not at least suspend hostilities until the tournament is over?
By all means drag each other through the Supreme Court afterwards, but the longer this goes on the less popular Toowoomba will become from a tournament organisers perspective.
There will be many other events after this one and if people get the idea that Toowoomba are a total pack of idiots both centres could miss out on a great deal of lineage.

Andrew S,
Is not 22/03 to soon for all decisions to be made, too late? After that date all will be on track for the Challenge with the Assoc. that won it still running it and the Centre that it will be held at will be Garden City Lanes.
I'm sorry you feel that this is a problem but its not every day that an Assoc. has a revolt. Must if not all other Associations work well together with the bowlers and the centres. But some up here have taken their positions one step futher only because they have lost out on the change over of management. I'm sure we all have someone that we wouldn't like to be running our centres you included. And if that was to happen would you stand back and watch them destoy them? No perhaps not.
But you are asking us to step back and watch our money and things go some where else. Is that fear?
As for other people looking and seeing what us Toowoomba ites are carrying on about and see us as fools, I think they can see through the bullshit and see that the bowlers hearts are in the best interest.
Just wait and see what comes from the meeting on the 22/03 please.
Good luck and best wishers
Steve B.

Association Challange 2003

Scott,
It is more than obvious that you know all of the facts regarding the roll - offs so what holding you back, the bowlers should know what you know! Or are there double standards for roll - offs to? The way that you replied shows that obvoiusly the roll - offs will not be undertook at both centres therefore disadvantaging a great number of Toowoomba bowlers. If it really is the bowlers who you guys are trying to benefit, not just yourselves and your selected crew, then why can't the roll - offs be undertook in both centres? And if as you said in your reply, you are not on the committee who is so we, the bowlers, can find out first hand information and why should you be posting the information if you can't answer all of our questions?

Rosie

Rosie

The sub committee to decide on such things as rolloffs etc is meeting this week to decide on the rolloff venue/s. Please be aware that there maybe factors they will need to consider, one of which is that one centre has said they do not wish to work with the T&DDTBA with this event.

Once the rolloffs have been decided upon, then the information will be released to every bowler in Toowoomba in both centres. Before others ask about money already collected for team selections,every bowler can make the choice to continue or request a refund, there is no problem.

My thoughts are quite simply this. This event, regardless of where it is held, will be bowled on the long weekend in June at one centre. This means therefore that bowlers will have to cope with only one surface.Obviously the conditions may vary. I am not personally opposed to having two rolloffs. I have still a lot of bowlers I know and respect at Garden City. I have not attempted to drag them through the mud.

The only thing I know for sure is that all the crap happening here is getting beyond a joke. It will eventually harm the event if allowed to go on. The bottomline is we only have a relatively short time frame to deliver a tournament that would normally take months of planning. Thankfully many things have been done and we are well advanced. To start over fresh would mean quite simply that it would be extrememly doubtful whether it could be done in the time given.

I, along with many others have witnessed this event more than once. I acknowledge the high regard bowlers have for it, and I hold all those bowlers who compete, organise and help with it in the highest of regard too.

It was indeed a sad day for me when all this crap happened, I have had long ties with Garden City and the bowlers there, however I am bound to fullfil my role as required, and as appointed by the last AGM and subsequent board meetings.

Clearly then, it is time for the event to progress. The bowling community of Toowoomba will benefit, no matter who brings it here and who runs it. However, we are the host association. We do not have the authority to simply hand it to someone else, there is a waiting list of other associations willing to join in. We do not want Toowoomba to miss out.

As for the rolloffs, Barry Fagg and Andrew Grandison are putting this together. Personal vendettas aside, you could not get 2 more acomplished persons to organise it.Please be patient, when they tell us we will ensure that every bowler is informed through their respective centres.

I will not be replying further on these issues, so please everyone refrain from calling me spineless or other insulting terms.I feel that for the good of the event, it be left off this forum.In the spirit of the tournament I request this.

Regards

John Wiffen

I challenge the management of garden city, the management of sunset superbowl, the association representing both centres and the centre that has been deregistered, to hold a meeting.

name the meeting BECAUSE WE LOVE BOWLING and for every answer you give you say

" this is the answer i give BECAUSE I LOVE BOWLING"

and see how the meeting goes.

i would presume that whatever party did not turn up, did not love bowling.

BECAUSE I LOVE BOWLING

craig,
Thank you for that lovely insight.
The meeting has been posted for 22/03 3pm. now lets see how does turn up, and if it is for the love of bowling.
Thanks again.
Steve B.
Thanks also goes to Buddha for showing how he really feels, it looks like he still has the love for bowling, and if so then he wont mind coming and standing down like he has wanted to since their AGM last year.

Back
Top Bottom