Association Challenge 2010

One i was talking about the guys who made the team not all Sunset Bowlers and Two Sunset had ample notice that the first date was not an option.
Still no name so and can address you .
CINDY.

One i was talking about the guys who made the team not all Sunset Bowlers and Two Sunset had ample notice that the first date was not an option.
Still no name so and can address you .
CINDY.

Those bowlers that made the team for the Sunset Roll-off, did so because they were the best performed bowlers for their roll-off. As Morty said, league averages are not a good indication of a bowler's skill due to various factors. (Oiling may not take place on certain days, different conditions set for different league/centres, etc).

As to what should be done about this year - Probably best to take Morty up on his offer and arrange for a meeting between the two Associations and Morty. One way or another, there will be bowlers that won't be happy in the end.

As stated previously for future years, have a roll-off on a set weekend with the top 7 men and woman bowlers going through to represent Toowoomba.

Scott i never once was talking league averages most of our guys are state level bowlers that are bowling i know people can bowl great in thier own comfort zone but can't do the same out of it.
Anyway thats not the point yes there will be disappointed bowlers but i will try and make sure its not Garden City Guys.
Cindy.

Had a message from someone in the bowling industry who doesn't want to get involved in this on a public forum but feels we have been treated very unfairly in this.
He said when Assocation Challenge first started the Assocations where invited to join not areas so hence Garden City Lanes Tenpin Bowling Assocation was so we are right in saying we are the ones who should be making roll off dates , selection or roll offs etc not Sunset. So Sunset assoc trying to muscle in on us is like they are trying to leapfrog over all other assocations waiting to come in. So in reality there roll off and team is invalid as they were not the Assocation invited to join this when it started.
So i believe i am right in saying our bowlers have more rights to this then them.
So Garden City Lanes gives Sunset 1 week to give us the names of the bowlers who would like to join us in this years assocation challenge otherwise we will fill the teams ourself.
Cindy Donnelly
GARDEN CITY LANES TENPIN BOWLING ASSOCATION PRESIDENT.

Actually Cindy what you stated above is false. The spot was handed to Toowoomba & Darling Downs Tenpin Bowling Association. When that Association was finished, the other representatives of the Association Challenge Were involved in a meeting in front of Garden City Lanes. Both your association and Sunset were represented.

Toowoomba was allowed to keep it's spot. This was not granted to one association or the other, but a warning was given that if Toowoomba couldn't sort out their problems then the next association in the list would get their spot.

Scott when Twmba and District Tenpin Assoc finished it did then become Garden City Lanes Tenpin Assoc correct.
Cindy

Scott when Twmba and District Tenpin Assoc finished it did then become Garden City Lanes Tenpin Assoc correct.
Cindy

Incorrect. You kicked out T&DDTBA and replaced it with your own personally run centre association. T&DDTBA wasn't formally finished as an association until later in the year.

That is why at the Association Challenge in Toowoomba it was T&DDTBA that hosted the challenge. Present at the end of this event were the then 10 current associations along with representatives of Garden City Lanes and Sunset's Association.

At no point in that meeting do I remember T&DDTBA's spot being handed specifically to Garden City's Association.

Just have a new rolloff and get it over with,it's damaging to the spirit of why we play the association challenge

I don't want to get into an arguement with you Scott but Sunset didnt get involved in assocation challenge till a couple of years later i think and you were not kicked out you left off your own accord thank you.
Anyway thats old school **** we are talking about now so if you can't stay on track butt out.
Cindy.

Is there any further information regarding Toowoomba?
Seems the general opinion is that if they cant play nicely they should be replaced.

Is there any further information regarding Toowoomba?
Seems the general opinion is that if they cant play nicely they should be replaced.

Really it shouldn't come to this. The Mountaineers have a great pool of players to choose from. Its sad to see that between them they can't figure that out. Until they do they won't challange for the title.

By the way Andy when have they played " Nicely " ;) . Any team with Cory " the Jester on his P's " Knowles in it really has much of a chance of behaving. :p

Hammo

Totally agree Tony it shouldnt come to this, but the spoiling tactics seem designed to exclude people.
Posts such as this prove the point.

So i believe i am right in saying our bowlers have more rights to this then them.

I dont think for one minute the Toowoomba people are considering the end result, they are more concerned with the battle for control.

if garden city bowlers wanted to bow challenge every yr where have they been for the last two years its only this year that they have extra bowlers that they have decided they want back in. Well to late rolloffs have been bowled they didn't bowl so they miss out.

see u next year hopefully there won't be another miss communication between the two.

Why has this been brought back up we were told about 4 weeks ago that morty was to accept only sunsets team so for the good of the challenge we have said no more.
From what i read you guys that have just posted have now decided to stir the pot.
Garden City isn't interested in the Challenge anymore if you have to stoop that low to get your team involved.
There was no help from the so called commitee to help with the way this was done.

Garden City Lanes wishes all teams the best in this years assocation challenge..
Cindy Donnelly

Back
Top Bottom