Not sure if bowling is suitable for me

C

chrisw

I am interested in getting started in bowling but feel as if my physique is not suited to bowling. I am 6"2, thin with long legs. After a round of bowling, my legs are always sore all over. I always feel as if I'm bending over too much and generate little power. I haven't had lessons so my technique is probably all wrong. But I'm not sure if I should continue bowling because maybe I just don't have the proper physique for it.

You won't really know whether or not you are suited to bowling until you get some help from a (good) coach. Most champions have been in the 5'8" to 6'0" range, but their have also been several outside that range in varying states of physical fitness. It is how you integrate your technique to match your bio-mechanical profile which will determine how well you go in the sport.

Chris,

There is one simple question you need to ask yourself. The answer to this question will in turn, answer the main question of if you think you are suited.

DO YOU ENJOY BOWLING????

What ever the answer to that question is, should tell you a little something..... If you 2 (you and bowling) were meant to be :)

Perhaps im a little bias, but there isnt a game out there where you can make as many friends and improve hand/eye co-ordination than bowling.

Hope to see you on the lanes somewhere, some time

Jason

Can't put much better than belmo put it. If you enjoy the sport then keep at it!

With regards to being so tall, try bending at the knees slightly at the approach. This will assist you. In regards to the soreness in your legs, the will disappear over time as your body gets used to the cognative movements that bowling presents.

Remember to do this, as it will prevent other possible injuries such as hip and or back probs. This will also help you stay down and generate more power and energy on your shots and hence, better results.

With some more miles (bowling more!), you will be stronger and will only benefit you.

Good luck with everything and most of all, enjoy!

I know one person who could give you information, his name is Billy T from Sunshine his nick is Bluebagger1980 and he is very tall and extremely skinny and he manages quite well too.

I agree with Belmo and Jason. I can't think of a better sport to play for so many reasons. It's a passionate game which will hook you and consume you if you're not careful!

So if you enjoy bowling then get on the bandwagon!! You won't regret it.

i think that vim guy of world ten masters is proof that it does not matter how tall you are

heys
i am just over 6 ft maybe 6.2
i too get sore legs at the moment
but because i have had a big break in bowling and my legs are getting used to it again
i enjoy the sport very much and dont think at all that me being tall has any disadvantage for me
and i may be a little wrong but you dont really have to generate tonns of power to be good
consistancy is what you need the friction of the ball accellerating into the pins will give you enough power like i said i may be wrong
im a pool player playing bowling

daniel d

OMG that guy in the video link from Tonx looks like a human asparagus spear :D

Paint him green and watch him go

Cheers

The reclusive 5th Teletubby :D

PS Did you hear that McDonald have a new meal, it's called the "Andrew Johns Meal Deal" - It's just Coke and Ice..........:D

good old Robbie, lol, still with that sock.

Im 6'2 and have no problems with my legs, so Im guessing fitness could be a key issue to this problem. Hit the gym and lift some weights.
Also try doing 40 squat kicks a day, does wonders for your leg muscles and covers alot of areas including hips and back. Hope this helps

Hey Tubs
great joke did it come straight out of the joke book on how to be a funny cop:2guns::gun_thug::2smiley.php:

Back
Top Bottom