New Centres?

I believe there was somebody looking at opening a bowling centre in Bairnsdale - 8 lanes and some other facilities also. But from what I believe they had problems with the council.

Which wouldn't surprise me as Grumpy and I had already looked at this prospect a few years back.

Councils :mad::mad:

Liz

Hmmm... Bowling could certainly be played as a "sport" in a sports club, you'd reckon. 12 lanes would be a nice tournament size too. Have the whole place on a Sunday morning.

Jase,

Any tournaments i run at Strathfield will have the 12 lane section to themselves. Easy as

Joel

Kingpin bowling has a new centre opening next Wednesday on level 3 at Darling Harbour. Fully licensed, disco, and indoor laser skirmish.

Gee, that's going to be cheap isn't it!!!! :D

Somehow I don't think they will be targeting league or tournament bowling.....

chester hill is moving to a new location with a lot more space and more lanes can't wait to see this as chester hill is way to small

Cheso is moving?
Thats almost the best thing I heard today...that means those dreaded steps are going to be gone forever! Hallelujah.

Cester Hill is Moving as we were told tonight in a letter

Moving to a location in Lidcombe along Parramatta Road and is going to have 24 lanes, can wait for the first Event there......

Jase,
Any tournaments i run at Strathfield will have the 12 lane section to themselves. Easy as
Joel
That worked really well at Blacktown in February. (I was pleasantly surprised at just how well.) Stick the social bowlers in the bar with the disco lights and have some room for serious play as required. Everyone gets a go.

Congratulations and good luck to the extended Belmonte family and Chester Hill bowlers on their imminent new venue.

It's about time a comment is made here again:

As it proves, i'm right again! :D

AMF Enfield closed November 16th
AMF Bankstown closed November 23rd

The idea of opening AMF North Strathfield was to close those two older centres, and it became reality. Bankstown has been in the books for a long time to close down (something like 5 years), finally it has. It's kind of sad though.

Chester Hill apparently is moving to Lidcombe, and AMF Fairfield is moving to Villawood. Hmmm, AMF Villawood? Don't like the sound of that one...

Please correct me if i'm wrong at all!

Also too for your list there, Burnie Tenpin Bowl up in Cooee has been shut for quite awhile now. Couple of years I'd say.
There were rumours floating around for a fair while there that it was possibly going to be bought out and reopened, or the Burnie Council might facilitate it being reopened and running it but from what I can gather it won't be back at all.

Aparently the plane was to keep enfield and north strathfield both going, but enfield had to close (and ive heard it wasnt cause of location).

supposed to be a 'free firewood' sign out the front now.

nuvision is looking to move in first couple of months of the new year

Enf...

Aparently the plane was to keep enfield and north strathfield both going, but enfield had to close (and ive heard it wasnt cause of location).

supposed to be a 'free firewood' sign out the front now.

nuvision is looking to move in first couple of months of the new year

Enf...

Nah not free, saw these lanes advertised on ebay last week.

i think the final selling price was $26 per l/m

rumour has it that enfield will be reopening....overheard someone high up in amf talking down at brunswick that it will be reopening in the future just not sure when

I found out that AMF Mt. Druitt's lease ends around this time next year. Could we see another AMF Centre closing down?

Advertiseing on SEN sport for the last few days has Rosebud Lanes re-opening next weekend.

Good to hear.

Philby

I also heard about enfield re-openning (manhattan have aparently bought it)

AMF Fairfield has a 'sold' sign out the front?

Enf...

I also heard about enfield re-openning (manhattan have aparently bought it)

AMF Fairfield has a 'sold' sign out the front?

Manhattan aparently had an interest, but ended up not getting it. They plan to rennovate the New Market hotel and the Mascot centre in the near future.

If what i've heard is correct, it should be owned by a private buyer who'll upgrade the lanes and possibly knock it down anyway. From what I understand, there is extra land behind it as part of the deal.

As for AMF Fairfield, that will be moving to Villawood. Sounds scary! AMF Villawood, doesn't have a ring to it, but it may keep the Fairfield name anyway.

Please correct me if i'm wrong!

Back
Top Bottom