New Centres?

S

sampson1791

Me again
I have just gone over the Centres List on here and found out that there are at the bare minimum 100 lanes out there not being used (pinsetters and like too)....
My question where are these new centres going to be set up? :confused:
Do centres by the synthetic lanes to put away until their old wooden ones die? :eek:
Like everyone I am just interested in knowning. :D

Do you mean where do things go when places close down?
On a few occasions, they are bought as a package, usually to open a small country centre where budgets are tight.

Generally if the machines are too far gone for repair, they are either dumped at the tip *shakes head* or pulled apart and sold as spare parts either directly to other centres or through distributors. If the machines can be serviced and put back into action then they are either bought to replace dying machines at another centre here, or sold and shipped to the National Dumping Ground (A.K.A. New Zealand).

Old wooden lanes and approaches aren't in much demand these days so they are disposed of. Synthetics can be sold to centres with wooden lanes or approaches to be installed either directly or once the wood has gone beyond a resurface. They can also be bought to upgrade older synthetics. These too are often sold and shipped offshore.

Usually someone will by most of the stuff as a package, looking for a cheaper way to upgrade an older centre. They may not buy it all tho, so you'll probably find that it goes out of the industry. Did you know Wooden Lanes & Approaches make great tables and other such furniture at Head Techs houses? Synthetic pannels are brilliant as hallway flooring or workbenches. Gearboxes, motors, distributors and tables all are great little earners if you've the time to strip/clean/rebuild and sell on ebay :D Pins can be a great source of cheap firewood in winter, they burn very well and very hot.

I suppose what I want to know is are there many new centres opening across our wide brown land :D

New centres open every year. We opened Epping in Feb. Strike & AMF are opening in the darling harbour area in Sydney this year. There are at least 2 more in QLD, 1 in NSW and 2 in VIC that I know are due to open in the next 12mths

To my knowledge, there is one opening sometime before October in North Strathfield in Sydney.

To my knowledge, there is one opening sometime before October in North Strathfield in Sydney.
strathfield should be 38 brand new machines & lanes (and will probably mean enfield can finally close down, maybe even fairfield as well)

Enf...

strathfield should be 38 brand new machines & lanes (and will probably mean enfield can finally close down, maybe even fairfield as well)

Enf...

To what I understand, North Strathfield will open, to allow Enfield and Bankstown to close. Fairfield still has sometime left in it in my opinion.

yes i believe that North Strathfield is opening up and bankstown will be closing,

i was told that there is a centre opening up in bankstown sports club ?? does any 1 know anything about this ?

There was supposed to be a centre opening up in the Bankstown Sports Club...was supposed to be 30 or 32 lanes I think.
Apparently that idea got canned.
The old Bankstown centre has been "closing in 2 months" since midway last year...we are in the last quarter of another year and it still stands.

Bairnsdale lanes were indeed moved to Horsham. This was a few years back now, so can't imagine the centre reopening.

There was supposed to be a centre opening up in the Bankstown Sports Club...was supposed to be 30 or 32 lanes I think.
Apparently that idea got canned.
That's been "happening" for a good 7 years, I remember there was talk of it back when I was a junior...

Strathfield will open to the public on the 27th or 28th of Sept. Bankstown will be open until late this yr. Enfield will remain open indefinatly. Hope that answers the question.

The first tournament at Strathfield will be held in early November.

Joel

League and Tournament Coordinator
AMF North Strathfield

Bairnsdale lanes will never re-open. Certainly not in there past location.
That site was redeveloped into something else.

Frosty:rolleyes:

There has been mention of an article in a local Bankstown paper that 12 lanes have just been approved, by council, for the Bankstown Sports Club.
Leanne.

There has been mention of an article in a local Bankstown paper that 12 lanes have just been approved, by council, for the Bankstown Sports Club.
Leanne.
Hmmm... Bowling could certainly be played as a "sport" in a sports club, you'd reckon. 12 lanes would be a nice tournament size too. Have the whole place on a Sunday morning.

Back
Top Bottom