New Offical Name For Lidcombe Bowl

Forbesy

I would like to announce the new offical name for the new bowling centre at Lidcombe will now be offically known as TENPIN CITY.

Address.
Tenpin City
Top Level Spotlight Centre
92 Parramatta Rd, Lidcombe
Phone - 02 9737 8044.

Hope to see you all there soon.
Annette Cannone
Manager

Great name for the new centre. I will drop into the centre soon, heard great wraps about the centre. ;)

I've heard nothing but great things said about this house. Looking forward to playing there soon.

Is it true (as rumoured) that this name change is the result of AMF claiming exclusive rights to the word "Strike"? (A claim that I find incredible in the true meaning of the word, especially after searching the ATMOSS database on IP Australia.)

Jason

Ladies and Gentlemen, the rumors are true.

The centre is awesome and it's the best centre I have seen in my time in bowling. Lanes are fantastic and staff are just as good. I recommend to everyone to have a look, have a bowl and eat some pizza from the bowls Pizzaria while you're there.

Truely awesome!

I had a look at it when it was a shell, and I thought it is going to be a great centre.Now I have seen it running, I suggest to everyone to go and have a look and a bowl .Great centre, great people running it.
Lovey

bowled there tonight, centre looks great, plenty of parking as it is conected to Spotlight, there is 3 levels of parking, roof is the closest to alley, which is off John street, parramatta road end.

the cafe section is huge 4 pool tables plenty of seating, only thing i did not like was seating behind the lanes, especially for traveling leagues of 4 or 5 bowlers.

Lanes and approches were nice, looking forward to Saturday on proper conditions

only thing i did not like was seating behind the lanes, especially for traveling leagues of 4 or 5 bowlers.

I heard a few people wouldnt like it. Guess what? I love it. Gets people off their butts and ready to bowl. If you dont like it, SuperCheap Auto sell folding chairs for $9.99. LoL

The word Strike was trade marked by the owner of STRIKE BOWL's.

NOT AMF!

As for the bowling centre:
I would love to comment but due to the people running/owning it, people on here may feel i have a bias say in the matter!

All i can say is I cant wait to use the CATS lanes!!!

Jason

belmo, i know this is off topic, but just wondering when you are updating your website????

cheers
martina

I must say I dont know if andrew frawley works at the alley or he was there for the singles league, but he is one of the most approachable people i have ever met. he did not know me from a bar of soap but spoke to me like he knew me. If he does work there it is the best move they have done as he is a well respected and most knowledgeable person i have met.

@Richard you know what you can do with yr deck chairs lol

Just to answer some questions regarding this centre.

Andrew Frawley does work there and also with Paul Delany there...unbelievable amount of knowledge there for every level of bowler. Plus they are two of the most approachable guys you will ever met so dont be scared just go up and talk to them..they love it :)

The centre....one of the best centres if not the best i have ever been in.. Australia and the world.

Some one said something about the chairs on the lanes....they are only temporary (but comfortable)..... seating and ball racks (house balls) are being installed shortly there was a delay.

The management...totally dedicated the sport of Ten Pin Bowling..will not meet nicer ppl who are committed to the success of the sport, as has been shown in the past with their centres.

All in all..do ur self a favour and go and check this centre out...u will not be let down.

Yes But not AMF. It is Strike Bowling that has the all rights to the name "Strike". They own the Trade Mark to "Strike"

I reckon that is unbelievable, to trade mark a word like "Strike"...

booo to Strike Bowling, they aren't even real bowling alleys in my opinion...

just to let you know also guys that for those who dont know andrew frawley works in the pro shop which makes the centre more impressive, and by the way he told me he is thinking of asking some of his PBA mates to come down for a big tornament he is thinking of planning for next year for the centre. I hope it happens it would be good to see the pros in the flesh, this centre brings bowling into the 21st century just like every other privately run centre in australia, they care about the future of our great game not like AMF and STRIKE BOWL who dont give a crap about growing our game, they want to keep the game at the social level

Out of curiosity, does Andrew Frawley still have any affiliation with Sue &/or Illawarra Strikezone?
As we are in the area, we are yet to bowl there. We went in for a look just recently & I was unimpressed with what I saw upon entering. However my partner liked the look of the lanes etc.
We are looking forward to travelling to a few centres for a game although I am only at the beginner level so the meaning isn't the same for me as it is with others.
I am interested to find out about coaching etc.

To put it simply, if I was religious then Tenpin City Lidcombe would be my church, except I'd be willing to go more than just on Sundays, and there is no collection plate being passed around! Heck, if I was getting married, I'd probably walk down the lane, umm I mean aisle there, if it was permitted! Frawls could be the celebrant! :D

Back
Top Bottom