Tenpin City to host 2013 TBA Australian Junior Championship

elsie

2013 Australian Junior Championship
13-27 April 2013 – Tenpin City, Sydney

TBA Nationals Tournament Director and veteran TBA Board member, John Coxon, today announced that Tenpin City bowling centre in the central Sydney suburb of Lidcombe has been chosen to host the 2013 Australian Junior Championship.

The annual championship for young male and female bowlers 18 years of age and under will be staged next year from Saturday, 13 April to Saturday 27 April.

Just five minutes from Olympic Park, on the top level of Lidcombe Power Centre on Parramatta Road and above a multi-level car park, Tenpin City is located in the hub of Australia’s biggest city, with easy access to the airport and public transport links. Team buses can be parked on street level at the rear of the building, with access to a dedicated lift straight into the bowling centre.

The Power Centre complex and adjacent Costco offer numerous shopping options for bowlers and their families, plus entertainment facilities and cultural activities - Reading Cinema is right next door, and the Auburn Botanic Gardens and Fauna Park are nearby.

“Tendering organisations responded to the Board’s detailed criteria, which included size, quality of the ball paddock, airport and transport accessibility, the proximity of accommodation options, etc,” explained TBA Chairperson, Jamie Taafe. “These attributes and facilities were ranked, and following a tally of scores, the TBA Board sub-committee assessed the most appropriate venue for this popular sporting championship,” he said. “TBA was very pleased with the number, and quality of tenders submitted from Centres right across the country,” he added.

Tenpin City is a state of the art Centre with 24 Brunswick Pro Anvilane lanes, the latest textured approaches, Brunswick A2 Pinsetter machines and a Kegel Lane Walker oiling machine. It offers a well-equipped pro-shop and a wide variety of food and beverage options from the in-house Bellissimo Café.

“Tenpin City is currently hosting the 2012 Junior National Championship, and has proved a highly functional, and comfortable venue for bowlers, officials and spectators alike,” said Tenpin Bowling Australia CEO, Cara Honeychurch. “I’m sure Annette and her crew will pull out all stops to assist John and the tournament team to provide another great event next year, and to lift the bar once again in staging a truly memorable experience for our young bowlers,” she stated.

ends

Is Sydney the only suitable place to hold Junior & Adult National Championships???. 3years at Rooty Hill & now two years at Lidcombe, any Subsidy for Interstaters???.

Don't get me wrong, Annette and her crew did a fine job during the junior nationals and presdients shield but surely there are alternatives available to give other states the opportunity to host this event...

It does happen on occasion I mean werribee held youth nationals for a few years there I think correct me if I'm wrong

Lidcombe obviously put the best application through. Tuggers had junior nationals in 2005 and 2006

Victoria had junior nationals in 2010, 2011

I don't think it matters where it is held, people are always going to find something to b**ch and moan about.

Here's an idea, why don't they rotate it from state to state around the country......................????

Oh Crap, I think they use to do that...!!!

Hmmm Andy mate as always your right.

But hang on what about other sports. Tennis is always in melbourne (australian open) shouldn't that be rotated. You dont see AFL grand final in anywhere but melbourne (god forbid) the NRL grand final always in Sydney. the a-league has the right idea of the higher team getting the advantage.

There would have been a reason why this decision was made. I for one will support where ever the adult nationals are held. Instead of carrying on about where it is held (which is childish) accept it and support it by bowling in it (if you can of course) but just supporting it is a start.

By the way congrats on tenpin city for hosting a great event.

Back
Top Bottom