Nationals (prizefund) 2001

Hi,

Just curious as to what the precedure is regarding payouts from Nationals, Its a concern that some bowlers have not received there prizes from the 2001 Adult Nationals held in Canberra. Now its my understanding that when you pay for your event it also includes your prizefund. So why does it take so long to pay out prizes when all the prizefund is payed at the time of entering???, Is the money being used for other things regarding tba??. Its also my understanding when sponsorship is organised for events its payed prior to the event? coz its now 8 1/2 months since Nationals. We all know that financial situation was not to flash but thanks to June and co, its back on track. But the Nationals Prizes should be payed out of the Nationals Prizefund!, i might be wrong and i hope i am!, but its gotta get betta than this. You Cant expect people to bowl when it takes so long to receive prizes.

Just my opinion.

Mark Foster
icon_smile.gif

Vic bowlers payouts from last years Nationals have been received and distributed.

Of course, not everyone gets paid as you need to have placed in an event to cash!

Your TBA State Manager has a results book and should be able to confirm this.

Not to be sarcastic or anything but I just received my 2000 Australian Masters Champions Shirt - this week! (yes that is right, not last years but the year before!!)

i would just like to back bboy up here.

pedro .... we may be from tassie, but we know whether we are entitled to payouts from nationals or not and don't really need to check with our manager.

a line of thought that i have heard is that the tba wont/cant payout the adult national prizes from 2001 until junior nationals 2002 have been held and they receive funds in from this, inturn juniors would not be paid out for this years events until adult nationals had been run and funds brought in.
(NP; NOT MY OPINION, JUST SOMETHING I HAVE HEARD)

Whatever the situation, the payout of prizes from nationals over the past two years has been disappointing to say the least.

Thats enough from me i think.

Disappointing?
Well Scooter, I think thats a pretty kind word to say the least.For someone to have to wait the length of time that is currently being taken, is absolutely disgraceful.
They can't use the excuse of lack of volunteers as there are now paid employees who could easily process these results. This has been an ongoing problem that TBA is either unwilling to recognise or simply can't be bothered with.
Maybe the re-elected board should be asked to reassess a few priorities. After all, if any of the majors put out their entry forms with wording to the effect that tournament prizemoney would not be paid out for at least 6 months, I can guess what the response would be.
Enquiries to the office are generally met with some pretty feeble excuse,however it is never the fault of the board or its staff. The very least that can be asked at present is when will this years prizemoney be paid, and who is the person or persons directly responsible for collating the results and sending out the cheques?
Seems to me that this is a pretty reasonable question, so what about a reasonable answer from someone who cares?

Andrew Shinnie, Ashmore TBA, Gold Coast Qld.

Back
Top Bottom