New format to Nationals

GeorgeF

Hypercell = Hyperhook!
Tell me if this is a stupid idea or not but why don't we run Nationals like they do in the states, all year long. Just to give you an example,

Say Mt Gravatt has the 2002 Nationals. Commencing from January 2002 until October 2002 people may go to the centre at anytime and bowl there singles, doubles or teams. I can see tremendous benefits to doing this,

* first of all it will create heaps more entries which means greater prizefunds.
* It showcases the tournament centre and gives them an event to advertise for 10 months of the year (which sponsors can benefit)
* You still run rachuig the same and use this time as the conclusion of the Nationals to end the events.
* Allows people who might be in the host city by chance who normally wouldn't travel to Nationals participate in the National titles.

I can see huge benefits to doing this. I know logistically it would be a night mare but nothing that couldn't be worked out. Wouldn't bowlers like to have 400 singles entries instead of 100?

I thought it was a good idea, just chasing your thoughts and views.

george good idea

the only thing i worry about is centres availing there lanes for that period you mentioned

I'm not talking 24hrs here, but the lane thing is definelty something that could be overcome. If you advertised that during the week you could bowl singles, doubles and teams at the bowls quiet times, like say at 1.00pm, 2.30pm and 4.00pm Mon to Fri and then during the non so busy hours of the weekend I'm sure it would work.

You don't have to reserve the whole centre and people would still have to book in a few days in advance. That would give the host centre some notice and could accomodate them accordingly.

Running Nationals over 250+ days appears to be a better option than 10 days. There are tremendous benefits, I'm writing a letter to TBA, I think I'm on to something here.....

icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

Back
Top Bottom