National University Games

*chook :>*

A child of bowling
I was just wondering if there were any uni students, Australian wide, that are competing in Tenpin Bowling in the National University Games?

Unfortunately it seems that Swinburne University arent going to send any teams to the games at all. Sad because I know we had a bowling team lined up.

I was just curious if anyone has siezed this opportunity of further promoting our sport if they are able..???

Alicia

Monash is sending a team off
We have 5 players but only know Nathan Luke(manager) and myself.
First thing we bowl in is the Southern University Games in Ballarat at the start of July.

Hopefully QUT will be putting in a team, i know there's Ben Coupland and myself, but thats all i know of. Northern Games are in July, for all those ppl in Brisbane.

i put my name down for QUT but have heard nothing about it..

do you know anything about getting a team put in hamish?

The team will have to win through the Region qualifier first...

UWA (University of W.A.) is most likely going, we are eligible to after winning the Western Uni Games, but the uni isn't 100 percent sure they are going yet as a whole. :S

Hey Chucky, Keiran has been sick, i havent spoken to him for a while, but i sent him an email about 30 minutes ago, should hear back from him soon. Ill let ya know whats happening. Looks like QUT will be putting together a strong team, UQ wont win this one

Easy Tiger said:
I'm at UQ and never heard a thing about it... don't suppose QUT take drafts? :D

I don't think it's highly advertised anywhere, I just found out by chance and asked the sports rep at uni about it.

ok went to that link for uni games... thats the damn most uninformational website ever..

got no better idea about bowing at it then i did when i started..

lol

The website just tells you when its on... Look at your regional one, talk to your uni, you can't just bowl, you have to qualify.

does anyone on here go to griffith on the gold coast... i only know of kimmy haining and myself

krystal

The main problem with the NUG that I can see is that there aren't enough to make a team from every university. For this reason, I would like the event to be run as championships or even a masters competition. This way, smaller universities (like JCU) can also be represented.

Of course the championships probably won't happen because it is hard to run three sets of events in three/four days, but I'm interested to know if anyone agrees with me.

piequat said:
eh?

You only need 4 bowlers don't you... Most of the teams that are there are social bowlers anyway. :)

I looked on the site and you need five to lineup. Even so, the university didn't let us know that bowling was in the calendar this year :mad:. I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for next year's comp.

I found out that Deakin is sending a team as well. I had no idea bowling was one of the sports!

Definitely something to look forward to for next year.

Back
Top Bottom