how much to get ozzy's to NZ

K

kooze bowling

Just some feed back on What size 1st prize would it take to get alot of Australian's to come to NZ. Is $3000nz enough?

Do we get a sheep each for the weekend?

Gary.........................................;)

In 2005 Christchurch hosted the Ebonite Enduro which featured $4000 for 1st and a well structured and generous payout. In that instance I think only 10 Australians made the trip.

Not sure why aussies don't like to make the trip, alot of the time its cheaper than travelling to SA or WA. To answer your question, you'd have to put up at least $2500 NZ dollars with a decent payout, even then, don't expect more than 15 aussies to come over.

PS For the record, aussies came 1-2-3-4 in Christchurch :D

If sponsorship could be organised with an airline, in which the company that we would fly over with is contributing to the prize funds, or flight cost was lowered, I would be able to get a group of approx 5 bowlers to come over.

This could set a positive mindset with other airline companies, and start a good trend.

Besides, there is only one thing better than beating Georgie boy on Aussie soil, and that would be beating him overseas ;)

JUST KIDDING HATERS......

The key my Kiwi friend, is sponsorship $$$

Good luck, and keep us all informed!

One question - what are the excess baggage rates like for travel to NZ? I know some of the Kiwi team got belted by Jetstar after arriving here (go Virgin next time people) but what is it like for flights to NZ?

This tournament would be in *Summer* wouldn't it? :)

but what is it like for flights to NZ?
Air New Zealand gets tough on excess baggage
By New Zealand correspondent Peter Lewis

There is a new warning for trans-Tasman travellers with Air New Zealand clamping down on excess baggage.

It has almost become one of the time-honoured traditions of holiday travel - squeezing more than the 20-kilogram allowance into your baggage and then slipping it through check-in.

Depending on loadings, staff often turn a blind eye if you are just a little bit over the limit.

But now Air New Zealand is trialling a new electronic system that not only weighs your luggage, it calculates your excess charges.

Five dollars a kilogram on domestic New Zealand flights, $10 a kilogram across the Tasman and up to a whopping $35 a kilogram for long haul flights.

From www.abc.co.au

Dont fly Air New Zealand....................lol

Gary...................................:cool:

Yeah I would have to agree, just flew domestic and had 27kg but no hand luggage. Your allowed 20kg check in and 7kg for hand luggage but they wouldnt let me through so had a $35 excess charged. Now I go Qantas

Yeah I would have to agree, just flew domestic and had 27kg but no hand luggage. Your allowed 20kg check in and 7kg for hand luggage but they wouldnt let me through so had a $35 excess charged. Now I go Qantas
==================
I booked flights with Qantas for an event in Adelaide this coming March 2007.
20kilo allowance..the excess charges from the U.K. would have amounted to over £700 ONE WAY, in your local coinage $1500 AUD.
Thank God for Max Bastion and the boys/girls at bowling ball Australia and their suggestion that amounted to hiring a bowling ball. Now I dont have to haul my bowling balls around the rest of Australia.
A lot of my fellow bowlers who are coming as well are now considering doing the same. So there will possibly be quite a few, hardly used bowling balls, available on bowlingballaustralia website in April 2007.

Back
Top Bottom