A question for the Kiwis.

RobbieB

Rodentus scientificus
On the off chance that some of you guys do read this forum, I have a question:

Is there enough depth in NZ to field separate North Island and South Island teams in the Rachuig comp?

While we tend to look at NZ as a special case, I really don't feel it is appropriate to field another international team in what is a State competition, and there seems to be a lack of interest from the Asian teams anyway. I don't know if the TBA see an ADF team as a long term inclusion in the tournament, and while I have no problems if they do it does create a problem where bowlers may have to choose between representing their State or the ADF. If the 10th team cannot be filled long term from within Australia, then splitting NZ into N and S would fill the 10th spot, bring it (essentially) back into a purely State based event and give NZ the chance get to more bowlers involved.

Comments?

And for the cynics out there, this is not just because they won last year, :) and this is posted purely as a bowler.

G'Day Rob,

Don't be upset about NZ winning, they were apart of NSW until 1840 odd when they became their own country.

G'Day Rob,

Don't be upset about NZ winning, they were apart of NSW until 1840 odd when they became their own country.

If there is one thing worse than being a Kiwi it is to be a New South Welshman so I bet they were glad to succeed from that situation. On a serious note though it would be nice to see this happen if the depth is there in NZ.

Id love them to put a Victorian Country team in Rachuig. Would be alot stronger than people think.

Deano

On the off chance that some of you guys do read this forum, I have a question:

Is there enough depth in NZ to field separate North Island and South Island teams in the Rachuig comp?

While we tend to look at NZ as a special case, I really don't feel it is appropriate to field another international team in what is a State competition, and there seems to be a lack of interest from the Asian teams anyway. I don't know if the TBA see an ADF team as a long term inclusion in the tournament, and while I have no problems if they do it does create a problem where bowlers may have to choose between representing their State or the ADF. If the 10th team cannot be filled long term from within Australia, then splitting NZ into N and S would fill the 10th spot, bring it (essentially) back into a purely State based event and give NZ the chance get to more bowlers involved.

Comments?

And for the cynics out there, this is not just because they won last year, :) and this is posted purely as a bowler.

With respect to all concerned
Since when has NZ been a State ot Territory of Australia

Sorry people but this is the same issue i have with the NRL and
having NZ in the competition

Just my thoughts

Cheers
Geoff

Firstly, I would like to say it's great to be a New South Welshman. NSW holds the most victories in Rachuig and is clearly the dominate state, I do see the men's division is a tie with Victoria but that will change in 2011 with NSW ahead by 1.

My friend Mick, with your comments there it doesn't sound like we will see you in a NSW Rachuig shirt anytime soon. I do hope that changes :) It would be good to see you back in the green and gold shirt next year and hopefully team mates.

Back to the topic. A side from both North & South Island of NZ wouldn't be too bad, we get the chance to beat NZ multiple times :) An ADF team for the short term would be ok. I like the idea of TBA trying to introduce an International team, but unfortunately they would like a prizefund before they commit to entering a Rachuig team. Maybe a President's Team (taken from players around Australia that missed the chance at representing their state by failing at the trials). You could always go back to the Nth Qld Team, you gotta love playing against NQ! :)

GO NSW!

Cheers
Christian

If there is one thing worse than being a Kiwi it is to be a New South Welshman so I bet they were glad to succeed from that situation. On a serious note though it would be nice to see this happen if the depth is there in NZ.

Narrow minded tribalism however, is apparently independent of one's location! Everybody reckons their place is better than yours and vice versa. It's what keeps our real estate market so over-priced!

Besides, didn't the Kiwis run off with the prize last year? (www.tenpinevents.org.au is down, so I can't check.) Is this some sort of "divide and conquer" tactic? I don't think our proud little neighbour-nation of over-achievers will fall for that!

p.s. "Succeed" is very different from "secede". :)

Cheers Ian!

OK, the Kiwi's took out the mens event! (I knew they'd kicked some Aussie butt somewhere.)

Good on you Kiwi's! Keeping it interesting!

Firstly, I would like to say it's great to be a New South Welshman. NSW holds the most victories in Rachuig and is clearly the dominate state, I do see the men's division is a tie with Victoria but that will change in 2011 with NSW ahead by 1.

My friend Mick, with your comments there it doesn't sound like we will see you in a NSW Rachuig shirt anytime soon. I do hope that changes :) It would be good to see you back in the green and gold shirt next year and hopefully team mates.

Back to the topic. A side from both North & South Island of NZ wouldn't be too bad, we get the chance to beat NZ multiple times :) An ADF team for the short term would be ok. I like the idea of TBA trying to introduce an International team, but unfortunately they would like a prizefund before they commit to entering a Rachuig team. Maybe a President's Team (taken from players around Australia that missed the chance at representing their state by failing at the trials). You could always go back to the Nth Qld Team, you gotta love playing against NQ! :)

GO NSW!

Cheers
Christian

Christian,

No you probably won't see me in a Rachuig shirt for some time, unless things change, and if they did, I would most definitely prefer to wear a Maroon colour. Much like looking forward to the period of the year around late May to June where we trample all over a bunch of cockroaches!!!!!

Easy to say NSW has the most victories, some which I have been a part of, because the wealth and depth of talent has predominantly come from NSW over the years. Especially on the women's side of things.

Id love them to put a Victorian Country team in Rachuig. Would be alot stronger than people think.

Deano

This would be an absolute travesty!

QLD is A LOT bigger than Victoria (population distribution wise) and for TBA to drop the QLD Invitational to replace it with a "country" [anything] team would be unforgivable.

QLD is A LOT bigger than Victoria (population distribution wise) and for TBA to drop the QLD Invitational to replace it with a "country" [anything] team would be unforgivable.[/Q

Why is that? Ability wise or just because its Country?

Deano

seem to have had less problems getting a full field when it was only 8 team tournament.

QLD is A LOT bigger than Victoria (population distribution wise) and for TBA to drop the QLD Invitational to replace it with a "country" [anything] team would be unforgivable.[/Q

Why is that? Ability wise or just because its Country?

Deano

Neither.
Ability: Ability may be just as good between City and Country Victoria, but so is the ability between North and South Queensland. Ability is irrelevant.
Country: Believe it or not Queensland has Country regions also. Country as a reason, is irrelevant.

Because:
* The reason for Qld Inv was that we have a larger distribution of population in Qld. Hence originally a 'North' team and a 'South' team.
* That is obviously no longer deemed to be a valid reason to have two teams in one state.

To DROP a state team that quite rightly has a valid reason to have two state teams (that is the reason we have in the past) to put in two state teams in a region just because some people 'would love it' to happen, would be a huge slap in the face to all of the states of Australia let alone Qld.

Hope this clarifies your question.

Back
Top Bottom