Back to bowling

L

link

I'm new here and I was very much into bowling when I was younger (I'm 23 now). Anyway, I've decided to get back into it from watching a bowling comp on TV the other day and how much I miss the games. I'm curious as to how bowling leagues work, such as the prizes, how to join them, is there lots of travelling when you're in comps... etc etc.
My highest score was 229 during a junior comp I applied for when I was 13 yrs old and I stopped playing at 16 due to personal issues. So I've pretty much missed out on alot through the yrs and I've finally come back to it. Sorry if this is in the wrong section :p

Great to see new blood, DESPITE the filth that's going on this week.

Mate, to join a league simply rock up at your local centre and ask what they've got on at the time you want. They should even try to put you into a team.

Leagues generally bowl for a fixed cost at the same time each week, your standard league is a small team (up to 5) and a set number of games (3 generally, some are more, some are less)

Every league is different with prizes - both of my leagues cost more to bowl but pay cash at the end of the year based on finishing standings. Many leagues, especially those popular with your average bowlers, will do a variety of small trophies for various achievements and have a party at the end of the year.

Tournaments can chew up a lot of travelling if you have the money, but in Sydney there's a pretty regular supply around town. There's other events on like National Championships, State Championships, the new Darrel Holt event etc. Look at the TBA website (www.tenpin.org.au) for Nationals, and I don't recall the Holt site but if you look in the NSW forum there should be some information I believe they just completed qualifying for it.

Welcome to the asylum

great to see someone miss the game that much that they wana come back.. hope it all goes well for you

I'm new here and I was very much into bowling when I was younger (I'm 23 now). Anyway, I've decided to get back into it from watching a bowling comp on TV the other day and how much I miss the games. I'm curious as to how bowling leagues work, such as the prizes, how to join them, is there lots of travelling when you're in comps... etc etc.
My highest score was 229 during a junior comp I applied for when I was 13 yrs old and I stopped playing at 16 due to personal issues. So I've pretty much missed out on alot through the yrs and I've finally come back to it. Sorry if this is in the wrong section :p
do it mate

I was out of the game for 8 years
out of the blue i got the urge to get out the gear and have a chuck and fell in love with the sport all over again.

Welcome back!

Yeah I gave up the game and came back at 23 too!

I came back with brand new gear - bought four new bowling balls, shoes and bowling bag from Max from Bowling Balls Australia:)

Now I am bowling better than ever - four 290 games in the space of a month with a few 250's thrown in as well

Good luck... it is better when you come back on your own accord too. People wanted me to return long before I decided to.

Back
Top Bottom